Server time: 2017-10-21, 14:06
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
ConkerCallis

Custom faces?

Wouldn't it be awesome to have a more indepth customization option for faces in Dayz? It would make the RP aspect of the game alot better and it would also be easier to separate friends from foes. Besides I'm getting kinda bored of the same old faces over and over again.

Guest slummylemon   
Guest slummylemon

yeah it would but ya know dayz devs...

Vapor    0

Character customization is what I really want to see when DayZ is fully released, it just adds more to your time playing, knowing that no one else looks like you.

It would also benefit DayZRP a ton!

:)

PwnCaiks101    0

Once modding tools are released, im assuming this is going to be one of the major changes-if its not already in!

EDIT: if its added with modding tools, of course.

Scooter    51

Yeah it gets a bit annoying since 95% of the people use the same face, I feel like I am on Kamino in Star Wars with the clone legion xD

Hopefully this becomes a part of the game or at least a mod when that starts becoming a thing.

+1. Adding depth and physical characteristics to our characters would be great for roleplay!!

Grihm    16

Wouldn't it be awesome to have a more indepth customization option for faces in Dayz? It would make the RP aspect of the game alot better and it would also be easier to separate friends from foes. Besides I'm getting kinda bored of the same old faces over and over again.

This is what DayZ should create IMO. We use it in our own gameplay in Arma and the number of possible alterations are...well more than you can count.

[video=youtube]

I want this to, but I believe someone asked about this to Tamaster (super cool smart dev guy person) and I believe he said it's no easy task, especially with... whatever engine DayZ uses. (I know it's Arma, but like a special form of Arma, think it had to do something with tanks mainly.)

redspear461    3

I would enjoy being a ginger....guess we gotta wait a bit before the devs add in more detail to customization

Vapor    0

I want a full beard.

That's exactly what I want. I can't grow one IRL. So, might as well have one in game. Beards are super awesome. ;)

Giraffel    95

IMO that would be nice but it would turn dayz in sims 3, right now in alpha they should just import all faces from arma3 and add some extras.

Samaritan    346

It is definitely something that I would like to see in SA. I think customisation of characters is something that is going to be very important...scars, beards, facial piercings, haircuts, different facial features etc. However I do think this is some way off unfortunately.

I think it would be amazing.Everyone will have his unique character different from everyone else.And you can actually remember someones face without having to lie about it :D

Haschmn    0

Imagine if you could recognise a person on RP by their face. It would be AMAZING!

Dan Holmes    2

This will change Dayz A LOT, but we will the have similar problem like I had in games like Fallout 3 and skyrim, you can literally spend hours creating your character's face, but after you done you are going to wear full helmet 90 % of the game and rarely see your face. I think we will have the same thing then people will have to choose between your look and protection.

Ghost of Levi    8

Imagine if you could recognise a person on RP by their face. It would be AMAZING!

back in the mod you could have tonnes of different faces, but still everyone looked the same too me :P so thatl be great, for now i just use voices to recognise a person

Ssamus    0

yeah it would but ya know dayz devs...

Well, the devs are pretty good at adding new features, even though their priorities should be elsewhere.

drewhinny    0

Yea go wing hair would be cool. Also the faces would be so strong for the RP.

Dishes    159

Pretty sure they are actually working on heavily customizable characters models, closely like how Fallout has it... only hopefully better lol :P

Inb4 we have Sims Creator type of DayZ :P

You say that as if it wouldn't be fucking awesome!

One of the things I love about Second Life is that avatar creation is so incredibly detailed that you can literally recognize everyone on sight, especially if they rarely change their base avatar. Everyone that knows me in SL can instantly identify me on sight, because even if my clothes change, my unique face and body style stay the same.