Server time: 2017-10-17, 07:33
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Jackfish

When will presistence be back?!

Question

Jackfish    0

So I know why presistence is turned off but when is it comming back? You always have people who ruin the game by lootcycling but cant we just leave it on? Most of the people like it?

6 answers to this question

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Probably when its fixed in one of the upcoming patches

So I know why presistence is turned off but when is it comming back?

When there isn't loot explosions on one side of the map and barely anything on the other, then certainly.

You always have people who ruin the game by lootcycling but cant we just leave it on?

It's true that we'll always have rulebreakers like lootcyclers, but because of the amount of loot that was being cycled, the server was constantly crashing/shutting down and needed to be reset, which was becoming tedious for the staff team. That's why it was taken out.

Most of the people like it?

Not everybody. Some people don't because of the things I've said above. :P

DeadKiller    0

It will return once it is more stable. Right now it is very bugged. Also it is planned as a feature so it will be only Persistence soon. But It will be back ASAP.

Does this answer your question?

Vector    0

I will Quote Baron form his thread regarding persistence and why it was turned off.

When you log into the game today, you may notice a few changes have been made, namely the persistence feature of the servers being halted.

Why?

The server performance has been deteriorating over the past couple of days, this' not due to the mechanic of persistence, but rather the constant loot cycling that's been occurring without reprimand, there's very little the staff can do as of now with the few tools we have to moderate the servers, thus this loot cycling has gone mostly unchecked and unreported.

The staff has had to manually reset the each of the servers nearly every half an hour due to the crashes caused by this, we took it into our own hands to handle the issue with little warning, we want you all to have a fun, stable experience without the interruption or the issues caused by lag, desync and crashes, it's become no fun for anyone.

We understand that there may be cause for concern, those who were using persistence properly and having fun setting up their own home base have now had their static gear, tents, etc. wiped from the server, this' not anyone in specifics fault, but unfortunately a few rotten apples have spoiled the bunch, with that in mind, something had to be done.

I hope you can all understand the reasons as to why and how, this isn't something we've taken lightly and as soon as persistence is fixed, we plan on turning it back on.

TL : DR Persistence will be re-added as soon as it is fixed.

I hope this helps