Server time: 2017-08-17, 11:54

Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Legacy

New to the Community

Hello everyone, my application is currently pending, but I thought I'd take a moment to say hello and a give little background about myself.

The first story I heard about DayZ was about a group that drives around in a bus picking up new players with the promise of food, shelter, and friendship and takes them back to their camp. Once there, they’re forced into a pit and fight to the death with their fellow captives, the lone survivor is initiated.

I was immediately intrigued and bought the game, and these are the kind of experiences I’ve been looking for but sadly they’ve been really hard to find. Most of my time in game has been with players trying to kill me with no interaction whatsoever, which was fun for about a week.

Once, as a fresh spawn I was running into town when I was stopped by two heavily geared military men. They held me at gun point, searched and interrogated me. They said they were looking for bandits, and wanted to know if I had any weapons of if I had comrades nearby. Finally, I’d found what I’ve been looking for! They arrested me and took me to the local police station. Seeming satisfied with my answers, one militant went to uncuff me, while his partner held a gun at my head. Instead of removing the restraints, he removed my hat and informed me that, “the People’s Militia of New Chernarus have found you guilty of crimes against the state and have been sentenced to death by firing squad. Ready! Aim! Fire!” I’ve never been so happy to have been told, “You are dead.”

These are exactly the kind of experiences I’m looking for in the DayZRP community. I've dabbled in a little pen and paper RP and a little in classic WoW, but overall I don’t have much experience with role-playing. I’d like to start simple and grow in complexity as I grow with familiarity. I’m very excited about the opportunity to co-create interesting experiences and contribute to the greater narrative of the community story.

Thanks for reading, and we'll see you in Chernarus!

Vandy    34

Hello and welcome Citizen!

It seems you are very eager to join us in game, and on the forums!

I hope we can deliver the roleplay you are seeking, but I am pretty sure we will provide!

Anyhow, good luck with your application!

And do not hesistate to get a Community Helper to answer your questions!

Samaritan    246

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want, but if you are looking for role play, I can tell you, you have come to the right place. I have a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that enable me to give a great welcome to people like you. If you don't post in the intro thread, I will not look for you, but if you do, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will welcome you to DayZRP."

Hello and welcome to the community. Best of luck with your application but while you wait get yourself involved on the forum. Lots to read and comment on.

A good place to start:

FAQ's

Rules

Community Rules

Guide Section

DayZRP Standalone Lore

Lore and Stories

Any questions? Find one of the orange peeps, join the helpdesk in TS or just ask the community.

Well, unfortunately I was just notified that I failed my third application and am no longer eligible. Despite reading the rules carefully I apparently am either misunderstanding or failing to articulate myself. So, what was once an introduction thread is now a goodbye thread.

Strange, and saddening. GL;HF