Server time: 2017-10-18, 02:07
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Squizzer

Character Reset

Question

Squizzer    0

Hello there!

Today I was playing on the DayZRP S3 Server and I lost connection, after which I tried to reconnect quickly in order to continue with role play. However upon reconnection my character had reset and I spawned at the beach.

What must I do to prevent this in the future?

I shall be back to read the comments tomorrow.

Thank you.

7 answers to this question

grumpyk    0

Did you lose connection or did the server reset? The DayZ feedback site has been getting a lot of this. For some reason when you try to log in too quickly after a server reset, your character is deleted. It has something to do with the server not yet being fully connected to the hive that has your character's data stored or something like that.

Do not connect back to the server quickly after a restart, if you do you risk losing your character as it happened to you now. Some have been lucky and have gotten this but then relogged, and they had there character back, but not all sadly. DayZ is an Alpha game after all.

This should explain why it happened and what you can do to stop it from happening again.

Collie    0

Fuck this just happened to me. I know its not the DayzRP's fault, but damn this just puts me off from spending so long on a character and its gear to see it be wiped...

Yep... There goes playing this server for a while...