Server time: 2017-10-20, 18:13
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
oracle96

First Gas mask

oracle96    0

So i bought my first gas mask today. Was wondering, what kind of similar gear everyone else here has, Picture is below

[attachment=2052]

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria
pHqTBy8.jpg

Yuval    2

Mine was given by the goverment back when there was an actual need for it, when US wanted to attack syria due to their chemical weapons (they were like oh no we shoot them in israel) and another time with iraq i think. We still have 4 of them in the boxes

King Box    0

Can't get a picture of them atm, but i have the same gas mask vittoria has, along with the same gas mask that you can use in game :)

oracle96    0

I want a gas mask now, but I would probably only use it once :D

you should look into antique stores, that's where i found mine

Mine was given by the goverment back when there was an actual need for it, when US wanted to attack syria due to their chemical weapons (they were like oh no we shoot them in israel) and another time with iraq i think. We still have 4 of them in the boxes

That's actually really cool, you should post a pic of them

Can't get a picture of them atm, but i have the same gas mask vittoria has, along with the same gas mask that you can use in game :)

bad ass, i wish i had one of the ones vittoria had.

AndreyQ    0

I have a bible and a box of matches.Pretty rare collectables if you ask me :troll:

oracle96    0

I have a bible and a box of matches.Pretty rare collectables if you ask me :troll:

10/10 will surveve again XDD that's all one person needs in the apoc right?

AndreyQ    0

And some good old Spite.That stuff it's the shet.

oracle96    0

And some good old Spite.That stuff it's the shet.

XDDD yes that is all let everyone else fight over not being prepared with the ultimate survival geara. Matches, Spite and a good ole fashion bible.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

thumb.php?id=28858&w=250

soviet era one, badass

it came with a swaggy pouch and 2 extra filters

oracle96    0

thumb.php?id=28858&w=250

soviet era one, badass

image didn't work, but sounds badass.

I did some CBRN stuff not along ago for training. We did a half hour PT session in 30 degrees celcius heat in full suit and mask and I was sweating balls. Every time I breathed in, the whole mask would suck into my face, and the charcoal lining from inside the suit plus sweat made my entire arms and legs pitch black. Was quite an experience I must say. Wouldn't mind buying my own mask though, I guess its pretty fashionable I sppose.

Yuval    2

I can't open the box unless allowed to, example is when a chem bomb drops etc... It's pretty much loaned from the government.

oracle96    0

I can't open the box unless allowed to, example is when a chem bomb drops etc... It's pretty much loaned from the government.

That is pretty interesting if I can ask and am not bother does everyone in your town or city have one or is it specially given to people. Just interested is all

Krullin    0

I have two gasmasks. I believe the one on the left is a gp5 but I'm not sure on the name of the one on the right. Since I just use them as decorations and costume accessories I'm going to cut out pieces of one way glass/plastic for the eyes so it looks a bit cooler. Vqms9Mq.jpg

Fun fact: Back when Eyjafjallajökull erupted we had a large ash cloud over our town for a few days. I used the gasmask on the right when ever I went to the store or out to shovel ash, so the filter is totally busted now.

Frozen    45

What do they actually look like? Our boxs are just sealed tight.. Haven't opened any of em.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

thumb.php?id=28858&w=250

soviet era one, badass

is it gp5 or gp7

Gp5. Almost same as Krulins(on the left)

oracle96    0

I have two gasmasks. I believe the one on the left is a gp5 but I'm not sure on the name of the one on the right. Since I just use them as decorations and costume accessories I'm going to cut out pieces of one way glass/plastic for the eyes so it looks a bit cooler. Vqms9Mq.jpg

Fun fact: Back when Eyjafjallajökull erupted we had a large ash cloud over our town for a few days. I used the gasmask on the right when ever I went to the store or out to shovel ash, so the filter is totally busted now.

Hey since you have seen a busted filter what do they look like mine are pure white and look like they have never been used? Do they just look dirty or is there an actual way to tell. Sorry for stupid question just curious.

Krullin    0

Hey since you have seen a busted filter what do they look like mine are pure white and look like they have never been used? Do they just look dirty or is there an actual way to tell. Sorry for stupid question just curious.

Not the right guy to ask I'm afraid. I just know it's busted since I still get the smell of ash from it to this day, never really opened it up. Also I think some filters just plain old expire if you leave them open or store them to long. Don't quote me on that though.

oracle96    0

Not the right guy to ask I'm afraid. I just know it's busted since I still get the smell of ash from it to this day, never really opened it up. Also I think some filters just plain old expire if you leave them open or store them to long. Don't quote me on that though.

Cool cool thank you though I'm sure I could google it if I wanted to.