Server time: 2017-10-21, 17:43
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phalix

A few suggestions about the new report system

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Time:It should be up for a decent amount of time(12 hours or so, so that both parties can discuss it out without just getting straight banned). If you are the OP, and you solve the report in the matter of 2-3 hours. That's good for staff, but it's also bad for the accused. Me for instance, I sometimes just report people simply to; have them apologize, make sure they learned what they did wrong. Typically it isn't to ban people.

Shortened sentences for honesty: If someone comes straight up and goes "oh shit, my bad, I sincerely though it was okay". It not only proves they realized what they did wrong(which the report system is all about, no?), but they also made staff's life easier for being honest. IMO if the person straight up admitted to it, realized what they did wrong, and apologized, the punishment should be halved, whether it all halved, only get points, or only get ban days.

Grihm    16

Time:It should be up for a decent amount of time(12 hours or so, so that both parties can discuss it out without just getting straight banned). If you are the OP, and you solve the report in the matter of 2-3 hours. That's good for staff, but it's also bad for the accused. Me for instance, I sometimes just report people simply to; have them apologize, make sure they learned what they did wrong. Typically it isn't to ban people.

Shortened sentences for honesty: If someone comes straight up and goes "oh shit, my bad, I sincerely though it was okay". It not only proves they realized what they did wrong(which the report system is all about, no?), but they also made staff's life easier for being honest. IMO if the person straight up admitted to it, realized what they did wrong, and apologized, the punishment should be halved, whether it all halved, only get points, or only get ban days.

No that would be abused to an extreme. Anyone could just pull that card and expect to be let loose with a verbal warning. It´s enough trouble as it is. People need to act up and take responsibility for the same rules as they responded to when whitelisting, not be given an easy way out.

Volke    131

Reports are usually handled in a timely manner, there not rushed but they don't take an extended period of time. The only time a report is quickly solved is if their is a clear rulebreak that is significant enough that the accused persons's POV isn't needed.

Regarding punishments, I support them wholeheartedly, gives people time to think and learn from their mistakes. I support KOS for 7 Days & Bad RP for 5. Those that break rules should accept their punishments.

so -1 for me

Someone should not be rewarded with a lesser sentence for telling the truth.In life you are supposed to tell the truth. Nobody should get a reward for it. I would not expect anyone to not have integrity. Now, lying on the other hand. I feel it should be a permaban for lying on a report. However" there would need to be proof without a reasonable doubt.

Rewarding people for telling the truth is like being surprised if you paid someone to do a job and he actually did it.If they are found guilty they will know better next time(or atleast they should)

Prince    119

100% agree

Husky    0

Someone should not be rewarded with a lesser sentence for telling the truth.In life you are supposed to tell the truth. Nobody should get a reward for it. I would not expect anyone to not have integrity. Now, lying on the other hand. I feel it should be a permaban for lying on a report. However" there would need to be proof without a reasonable doubt.

The punishment for lying have always been hard, and don't forget the report system is here to also stop people from behaving in certain ways, permabanning is not always the answer imo because it's counter productive, it all depends on different factors of course.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

The punishment for lying have always been hard, and don't forget the report system is here to also stop people from behaving in certain ways, permabanning is not always the answer imo because it's counter productive, it all depends on different factors of course.

If someone walks around, purposely kos'd like 10 people, then said "ya i kos'd them" then I think it's fine

But like- shit that's small and in the "fine print", then I see why it is okay to have a lessened punishment.

Myself; I've been banned for swapping into a ghillie suit after getting robbed; hiding up on the hill(found a sniper at NWAF) and killing my robbers.

Got a 5 or 7 day ban for it, and I was like "oh shit, didn't realize I couldn't swap into a ghillie if I was hiding in the bushes when killing you".

That was hella long ago- but I mean stuff like that.

Grihm    16

People should know what they are getting into before they do it! Causing havoc on the server is dealt with in a report and if given a possible way out of it by half the time served is a no go. If we had that, 100% of the reported would draw that card.

Scooter    51

I agree with the admitting part. So many people get a kick out of getting other people banned even if they are sincerely sorry. The thing that bugs me the most is the fact that community members can't post in the reports anymore. I have seen multiple times in the old system where community members caught things about the report that the staff didn't notice.

Guest lonewolf27   
Guest lonewolf27

Decent idea, just not possible in current state of SA.

Brickity    2

I already thought that you could get shortened sentences for honestly but that it was at the staff discretion.

It could also be dependent on whether it was a genuine mistake.

If you didn't get one during the report verdict you were able to get one with a well argued ban-appeal (again at the staff's discretion).

Mikachu    26

Decent idea, just not possible in current state of SA.

umm what?

Basoon    15

I would have to disagree with the reduced punishment for honesty. Already so many say "ya we did that , but that is ok" and then argue against staff that no rule is broken. People also would potentially break rules on purpose, knowing they could get off easy.

If anything, in my opinion honesty should be required in a report, and result in the normal ban time, dishonesty or straight up lying,

Accused: "I didn't kill anybody I swear"

Staff: "Are you sure? Now is the time to fess up"

Accused: "NO I never shot him! I don't know what he is talking about!"

Staff: *posts log*

Accused: Usually something like "aspodfh what is that it must be wrong!" OR "oh shit ya I guess I got caught then"

I have read this on lots of reports and IMHO, it should result in perma-ban. No excuse for wasting staff time and obviously having no respect for the community.