Server time: 2017-08-19, 09:35

Sign in to follow this  

New Zombie Horde AI

So apparently the devs are testing some new zombie Ai and there is one thing left to say.Yes Please.Take a look at the video.

[video=youtube]

mobile:

Now discuss.

Red    138

If there was also a proper way to get rid of them, then this would be awesome. Problem right now lies within the fact that you often must shoot to kill them. You can't outsmart them, or divert their attention onto something else.

4urm    0

Maybe that's what the grenades are for... taking out hordes of zombies!

Vandy    34

This does look great indeed! I would love to see this implented!

But just as Red stated... They aggro from everywhere. They can smell you through houses, all across the town.

And there is no way to outsmart them... Not even stating the server stability to actually host 100 zombies...

But I can imagine it would be cool to see a stranger running for his life, being chased by all the zombies from accros the whole map.... :popcorn:

Also, this has already been posted here: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-they-re-coming

Yotta    0

Great news. I think Dayz SA needs to improve the PVE. If a survival games it's not challenging with its threats, it lacks purpose.

If there was also a proper way to get rid of them, then this would be awesome. Problem right now lies within the fact that you often must shoot to kill them. You can't outsmart them, or divert their attention onto something else.

You can sort of trap them in buildings and such but I agree. There's not much area denial in the game. However if it didn't glitch (HAH) I would love the fear of being surrounded by zombies in a building, having to make a decision on my next move.

It's something over: Oh a zombie hit me.

1. Axe? If yes, easy. If not, I'll just punch it in the face.
  2. Am I bleeding? If yes, better bandage in the next millennium.
  3. I truly am a hardened survivor

I get that the axe or any 2 hit weapon makes it really easy. I've also used countless other objects against zombies: Frying pans, hatchets (pretty good), machetes (2/3 hits in the head, bit tedious), an ashwood stick (and fishing rod), a flashlight, rags, a bag of rice and so on.