Server time: 2017-08-24, 08:56

Sign in to follow this  
Brad

OBS Game Capture

Question

Brad    155

Having trouble in OBS with the game capture after recent update.

Just a blank screen like before when we had to switch to the anti-cheat capture check.

Anyone know anything about this?

23 answers to this question

McCoy III    7

I had the same problem tonight as well Brad. Never figured it out. Was going to Youtube it in the morning, hopefully someone here can provide some help.

-Brian McCoy III

Darkvern    0

That's sucks. I'll have to watch this thread.

I decided not to update today and its still working for me.

Hope you find a solution.

Cheers

Stradic    266

Not sure if I am having the same issue as you guys but since I updated I now only get audio and a black screen. Trying to find a solution to it at the moment. I will post here if I do.

Unknown Entity    126

I tried a couple of days ago, seemed to work well.

Did you turn on CBR ?

stage53    8

The .65b update isn't set to work with the anti whatever thingy it only works with .64 and .63 until I guess devs fix it. So just use an older version of obs until it's fixed.

Guest Mak   
Guest Mak

same problem to me, I suggest you to use, instead of the "game capture" to use the screen one, with that it works just fine

Brad    155

I tried a couple of days ago, seemed to work well.

Did you turn on CBR ?

Update was yesterday, what do you mean by CBR?

The .65b update isn't set to work with the anti whatever thingy it only works with .64 and .63 until I guess devs fix it. So just use an older version of obs until it's fixed.

As soon as I hit update I knew I'd regret it.

I'm not sure if I can go back to a later version without completely wiping out everything I have saved on OBS.

Going to look into this a bit more

It appears that Stage53 has given an explanation and solution to your problem.

/solved

The explanation is there yes, but I'm hoping this isn't the only solution. Hoping someone might find a fix(run-around).

Beckett    0

in the settings there's a tick box for something like anti cheating something or other. My friend had the same issue a few weeks back and since i suggested that she hasn't had any problems streaming using OBS on game capture settings.

Brad    155

same problem to me, I suggest you to use, instead of the "game capture" to use the screen one, with that it works just fine

Yeah definitely an alternative until they patch it / find a solution, just not something I prefer to do

in the settings there's a tick box for something like anti cheating something or other. My friend had the same issue a few weeks back and since i suggested that she hasn't had any problems streaming using OBS on game capture settings.

Thanks for your response, but this latest OBS update has caused that fix to no longer work as well.

Red    149

Obs is free right? Wouldnt it be less of a hassle to get a previous version instead?

Is there a particular reason you need the latest one?

Beckett    0

hmmm weird, then yes i'd just do what Red is saying, use an older version, i mean what do they actually add in with these updates? I shall look into it though and see what if I can figure out a solution

Brad    155

Obs is free right? Wouldnt it be less of a hassle to get a previous version instead?

Just not sure the best way to do that, uninstalling and re-downloading would be a headache because of the amount of work saved into OBS.

It maybe the only option, I just don't want to start there if anyone comes up with something better.

Just not sure the best way to do that, uninstalling and re-downloading would be a headache because of the amount of work saved into OBS.

It maybe the only option, I just don't want to start there if anyone comes up with something better.

Pretty sure you can save a backup of your scenes and config. I might be wrong but it's worth a try :)

Brad    155

Pretty sure you can save a backup of your scenes and config. I might be wrong but it's worth a try :)

Cool, I'll look into it and see!

For now hopefully this can be a warning for peoplenot to dowload the latest OBS update yet.

ringdabell    0

Hi all, I am having the same issue since the update. I have uninstalled but cant seem to find the older .64 version to download. Anyone have any luck?

Hi all, I am having the same issue since the update. I have uninstalled but cant seem to find the older .64 version to download. Anyone have any luck?

I found it. Pain in the rear, but since going back to .64 instead of .65 all has been well. Here is a link to the older versions for anyone struggling: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Open-Broadcaster-Software/old-versions

Cool, I'll look into it and see!

For now hopefully this can be a warning for peoplenot to dowload the latest OBS update yet.

I just downloaded .64b and isntalled it over .65b - and when I opened it all my saved scenes were still there but this time... IT WORKED!

I was on vesper's stream when they were talking about this, but missed the part about NOT downloading so my noob self couldn't stream last night!

stage53    8

Sorry I just woke up. All I did was redownload the older version and it seemed to work. Someone posted the link above. I would be really really cautious from now on about updating obs as the anti thing I guess needs to be updated by devs and probably put out a hotfix. Gave me quite the headache until I put two and two together with the tweet saying anti hooking needed to be checked on .64 or .63 and .65 probably wasn't set up to work with it.

stage53    8

-snip-

anti hooking

-snip-

noooooooooooooooooooo

Is that not what it's called? The anti whatever can't get near a computer. But I think you get the point.

Brad    155

I found it. Pain in the rear, but since going back to .64 instead of .65 all has been well. Here is a link to the older versions for anyone struggling: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Open-Broadcaster-Software/old-versions

Very cool! Thanks!

Sorry I just woke up. All I did was redownload the older version and it seemed to work. Someone posted the link above. I would be really really cautious from now on about updating obs as the anti thing I guess needs to be updated by devs and probably put out a hotfix. Gave me quite the headache until I put two and two together with the tweet saying anti hooking needed to be checked on .64 or .63 and .65 probably wasn't set up to work with it.

Thanks.for.your help!

Brad    155

Confirming that I followed the supplied link, downloaded 0.64 and the game capture is now working again. Thanks to everyone who responded.