Server time: 2017-10-23, 18:44
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  

Dictatorship and Green mountain

Just a few hours ago on S1, a group of people called The Pack came up to Green Mountain and claim the place. Now I'm not sure what kind of agreement have been stated in whatever lore of DayZ because clearly the "Pack" is not a legit group nor in the Group Ideas.

The way they operate is much like dictators, they questioned me multiple times about my past one of them being part of "the family" pissed off about my affiliations with my old group Monroe Republic and the fact that my character was once from the AAF, calling me UN scum. They demanded food from every survivor they come across, even kicked out a friendly sheriff who did nothing but defended the mountain.

They kept talking how this wasn't a dicatorship and claim we could leave if we want to, but then set all this tough rules about Green Mountain being theirs and how there are certain rules you must follow after paying a toll to enter.

They guard the place with a group of armed men, they don't kill people or anything but they exort survivors who comes up and trade or have a relaxing time which is what Green Mountain usually is(for the most part)

Then they come in like a jackhammer and kicked everyone who refuse the pay the toll even though we got there first, claiming that the area is now theirs because King Joffery gave them the area.

I'm not trying to complain about this but I'm trying to see what are your opinions over this kind of activity going on.

(Now I'm afriad to go back to Green Mountain, they claim if they see anyone who was exiled there. They'll open fire, GM has become my hub of entertainment and I even set up a "base there".)

Prince    119

The solution is simple, KILL THEM ALL!

PandoraX3M    0

No, the solution is not kill them all... If you only care about the pvp then that would be your solution. I was there when they asked for food and excuse me but can't you spare 2 cans of food out of your inventory? It's not like your world will fall appart over it. People that were normal and acted ok were let in and had no problems with the guards and those that ment to cause problems were sent away. Simple as, I can only say they provided good RP and they kept Green Mountain safe for once meaning noone initiated on noone and noone was KOS'd for no reason. I like it.

Seems fine to me

^

You either go with it, go against it, or go away from it.

drewhinny    0

Seems fine to me

^

You either go with it, go against it, or go away from it.

I like this. Like it or not it's happening, and if they don't break the rules. It's all good. Since you don't like it, stay away.

Brad    158

Yeah this is completely fine. They are being a group doing exactly what you would expect in a apocalypse setting.

If they can successfully hold Green Mountain all the power to them.

Likely though they will be attacked and have to leave.

PwnCaiks101    0

Well.. as stated above its obviously fine, I just wish they weren't impersonating.

(unless its who I think it is, silly Khan)

Subso    0

They dont need to make an offical Group do to RP stuff. Anyone can claim anything in RP, you just have to deal with it.

No, the solution is not kill them all... If you only care about the pvp then that would be your solution. [...]

Yes, dead people dont offer RP. But yeha... KILLZ MLG 1336 I 1vs10!

Red    257

I was there when they asked for food and excuse me but can't you spare 2 cans of food out of your inventory? It's not like your world will fall appart over it.

This depends entirely on how you play your character :P. Food might for some be an absolute necessity where a can of peaches might be worth more than bullets, a weapon or even their lives.

But once again that depends entirely on how you choose to play your character.

My guy for example, If he was there, he would have tried to negotiate with the group so that he could keep his food. He probably would have offered something else instead in hopes of them accepting it.

We have had groups in the past that tried to claim tributes from people. CRA for example being one of them. Eventually people are going to stand up and fight back because they simply would not want to get bullied all the time.

Though of course having stated the above, you do need to develop a proper RP motivation first.

PandoraX3M    0

I was there when they asked for food and excuse me but can't you spare 2 cans of food out of your inventory? It's not like your world will fall appart over it.

This depends entirely on how you play your character :P. Food might for some be an absolute necessity where a can of peaches might be worth more than bullets, a weapon or even their lives.

But once again that depends entirely on how you choose to play your character.

My guy for example, If he was there, he would have tried to negotiate with the group so that he could keep his food. He probably would have offered something else instead in hopes of them accepting it.

We have had groups in the past that tried to claim tributes from people. CRA for example being one of them. Eventually people are going to stand up and fight back because they simply would not want to get bullied all the time.

Though of course having stated the above, you do need to develop a proper RP motivation first.

oh ofcourse bargaining is always allowed and I am sure that they would have taken other stuff too. But what I was getting at was the fact that it's not the end of the world if you lose a few things. Maybe you'll gain more once you get in who knows. :)

Spartan    1246

well, Jackson, you could always team up with people to get liberty back in green mountain. you just have to find the right people ;)

PandoraX3M    0

Well.. as stated above its obviously fine, I just wish they weren't impersonating.

(unless its who I think it is, silly Khan)

it was mister silly xD

Honestly all groups are dynamic, like if this was supposed to happen IRL then after some time you have groups claiming an area and asking toll. So Green Mountain is a popular place for people and the group that is stationed there is asking for 2 cans of food for entrance to avoid the bad people and ofcourse gain more food for theirselves.

I was talking to the leader yesterday, well i believe he is the leader haha but this group that claimed green mountain is almost entirely made from ic interaction which is something a lot of people would like to achieve.

I do like the fact that groups can form like this. And to support the people who are against this group or feel like they are a bunch of bad people, you can form a group as well to counter such things, but seriously green mountain is just a tower and a building, just try and make other places popular with the people who feel the same way ;).

TL:DR a great oppertunity for different roleplay sessions. And if you ddont like green mountqain.. go somewhere else, make Prud lake popular again :P

Vandy    34

There is nothing wrong with the kind of roleplay they portray.

This kind of situation you are explaining here is just the thing that happens every other day at Green Mountain. Every day there is someone else claiming the mountain to be theirs. There have been wardens, packs, groups, companies, soldiers, OREL, ... claiming to be the saviors of the mountain. All have been wiped...

One group might be more friendly then the other. In this case, this "pack" you speak of, is truly unfriendly. But that's fine. You can portray your group as harsh bandits, demaning a toll.

And as you stated that you are afraid to go back to Green Mountain, then I think they did a good job.

Subso    0

There is a curse on that Mountain! No one can hold it! All will fall!

NathSnr    2

I think part of the OP's issue may be that this seems to be the ONLY group rp - there are no hero groups on the server, everyone plays the same Bandit character and to be frank it's boring. Most of the people I've met roleplaying bandits are mediocre roleplayers - even many of The Family - so I can see why this guy is irritated.

SatansNightOut    105

I can't fathom why---after all the insanity we hear about GM every...single...day---people still go there and then find reasons why it's a terrible place to go. Why go to Green Mountain if you know its a place of consistent turmoil?

By now, everyone knows the risks of daring GM... Between madness and dictatorship? Did you expect paradise, or must we constantly reiterate the indignations that always go hand in hand with GM? In other words...

Stop going to GM and then making a thread about how bad GM is.... Generally speaking.

Meow.

Guest TimoSandroD   
Guest TimoSandroD

I would be friendly to them and if they trust you take revenge for what they did or if they are friendly just be friendly to!?

An organised group taking control of an area seems fine to me, as long as they aren't unreasonable with their banditry. It gives another group an opportunity to attack and usurp them.

Blitz    0

Those goddamn guys kicked me out yesterday for next to nothing (I was the chernarussian), they made me get on my knees and beg for forgiveness for apparently disrespecting them. It was funny though because everyone in the compound jumped on the hate train as soon as I was exiled one guy even attempted to knock me out as I left and we all know what have happened to my gear should that have occured lol.

Tomeran    3

Sounds like fun. Why do I always miss these things when they happen?

Frankly its just another group making claims and doing what groups do. Some groups are assholes, some are saints, most are somewhere in between. But these kind of actions are part of the game and as long as they dont violate any rules, there's no need to go point any fingers at them.

As has been mentioned, if people -really- dont appreciate what they're doing then band together and take back the mountain. Knowing the sheer amount of traffic that goes to and from that place im sure finding volunteers for that shouldnt be an issue.