Do you play as a local?

Do you play as a local?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play as a local?

• Chernarus local
    • Not from Chernarus
    • Obligatory Other

grumpyk    0

Just a simple poll to get a better understanding of the range of characters in the community. It should be relatively self explanatory, do you play as a local (a Chernarus native), or someone who comes from outside of Chernarus (an American, Canadian, Somalian, Australian, ect.)?

I myself will be playing as a Canadian (Quebecois) at least until I can perfect my Eastern European accent for better RP.

Buddy    1061

I do!

In my backstory, my father moved to Skalisty from America. He married my mother; a nurse working out of "Elektro" hospital and I was born and raised on the island :)

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

I have 1 Japanese, 1 American, and 1 Chernarussian character, so yup.

Bjon    15

I play as a local, but moved away when I was younger. I was back visiting while everything went down, and have been stuck here since.

sgt khan    15

I do!

In my backstory, my father moved to Skalisty from America. He married my mother; a nurse working out of "Elektro" hospital and I was born and raised on the island :)

good story but chernarus is not an island :P

7d64f0f1d1.jpg

MatthewFC    43

I would play as a local civilian, but imitating a Chernorussian/Russian accent while trying to convey my thoughts with English words (NOT my native language) is too tasking for me.

Because of this I prefer to play a civilian character from abroad, using my own accent. That way I can actually enjoy while RPing.

Buddy    1061

I do!

good story but chernarus is not an island :P

hahah i know. i said he moved to Skalisty, the island just off shore of chernarus :)

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

I would play a local but my accent is just god awful.

practice = perfect

+

typing

Conor    254

My character was born in England to an English father and Chernarussian mother before moving to Chernarus when he was very little. He has lived in Chernarus since he was young and speaks both Chernarussian and Russian pretty much fluently. He never liked living in Chernarus and forces himself to speak with an English accent as much as possible.

He does however answer as Chernarussian, if someone asks if he is English etc.

Jm Von Cat    154

Both of my characters are Chernarussians, Natives that have lived here their entire lives.

Vandy    34

WE NEED MORE NATIVES!

:)

But yes I do play as a Chernarussian. I had two characters so far, both were native.

At the moment I am protraying a Chernarussian nurse, that lived in Dubrovka and worked in Gorka.

When I roam around our land, I see so many foreigners. In my personaly opinion, it feels strange. Why are all these foreigners here?!

But you are ofcourse still free to choose what you want to portray, but I will give you kuddos if you portray a native!

Spartan    1229

no, i would love to but my chernarussian accent is soooo bad people would think it's trollish, so no :)

Ivekef    0

I am playing as a Local but due to years spent in another country and that most he surrounded himself with was mainly English speaking, he has lost most if not all of his accent.

My character is native to Chernarus,but most people say I don't sound native :( ...well thats until I start speaking bulgarian.People can't really tell the difference,it sounds russian to them but oh well...... :D

ZoCr    0

Of course I play as a native! Long live the Chedaki!!!

Guest slummylemon   
Guest slummylemon

Im A mixture of native and not :P i was born in russia but was brought to chernarus as a child and was raised there so i consider myself a native.

Ghoozovich    265

My character is native to Chernarus,but most people say I don't sound native :( ...well thats until I start speaking bulgarian.People can't really tell the difference,it sounds russian to them but oh well...... :D

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1wwZ5Y2Crqd

Blitz    0

My character is chernarussian native, lived with my IC brother in South Zagoria and now we survive the apocalypse together.

RP'ing as a chernarussian is like living with a foriegn exchange student, I learn something new about the country or its people everyday