Server time: 2017-10-17, 07:37
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
hardwork

The focus on loot more than RP.

hardwork    0

I've been enjoying my hours on DayZRP, however recently, not so much. I've usually been happy and jog around the map making friends and helping people in need, however, I can't seem to do that now. 9 out of 10 times I get robbed, now this is solely and purposely for one item I have. Now, I don't feel close to these items, I don't care for them. However, what I do care about is the lack of RP. I feel people deem having gear over actually rping properly with someone.

I'll give you an example:

I meet a person, they are genuine (or so they seem).

They start talking to you, then as soon as you go to drink or turn your back, they point their weapon at you and like a rehearsal, now I just get on my stomach and drop all my stuff.

They take one item, let's say a scope.

Run off and go do the same to another person, all for one measly item, disregarding any form of actual proper RP.

You see, I feel this just tarnishes any form of RP. Their isn't any cool exciting story behind the person, they barely talk to me and just simply want my in game items. I hate this, I'm not sure if it is just me who feels this way.

Do any of you?

Guest CUDA   
Guest CUDA

Yeah it sucks. I love having story lines with people and when they do things like this it does ruin the immersion. But having them is a necessary evil with out bandits it would be boring.

Spartan    1227

well if you think the robber did no rp/bad rp, record and report...

i just stalk people for a while to get to know them and then i say hello. MOST of the times they don't rob me.

Moxy    19

record and report. It's the only way to change this kind of behavior.

hardwork    0

If only I could record and still have a decent frame rate I would...

drewhinny    0

Yea the bad RP behind robberies is getting out of hand. But like said above, can't do anything about it unless reported.

hardwork    0

Yea the bad RP behind robberies is getting out of hand. But like said above, can't do anything about it unless reported.

You see, I would report it, however, they often use fake names and do not hand-cuff me. Before I have time to check their pulse I'm already being robbed.

Ghost of Levi    8

yeah... i dont get those folk, you join an rp server to... loot... the logic in some peoples minds is amazing...

Bjon    15

I'm lucky enough that I've yet to be robbed on these servers my first week of being here but, I always have my recording software on the ready just incase I get the lame 10 seconds to drop everything standard. The best thing to do with people who rob you with little to no RP is to get some kind of evidence and report it.

Sorry this had to happen to you man, hopefully we as a community can do our part and help weed out those who don't want to Role-play.

If only I could record and still have a decent frame rate I would...

Have you looked into programs like nVidia's shadowplay or AMD Raptr's GMD? They record footage with little stress on the CPU (as they work from the GPU which complements DayZ's current CPU intensiveness).

They also encode in a manageable, adjustable and decently sized format. As opposed to older programs like Fraps which relied heavily on CPU and encoded raw from your display. Creating stupidly large files.

Vandy    34

I am sorry you are experiencing this form of badrp. Portraying a robbery is quite a responsability. First off you'll have to go by the rules (everybody does ofcourse) but you also must know the rules very well. You can't just go and powergame anything. Then you are also responsible to give your victim a good rp session. The "10 secs drop everything" is not gonna do it.

People are so eager to portray a bandit, yet many do fail.

Now back on topic, it is indeed a pitty that you are being robbed for just the smallest things. If you do feel that your robbers are portraying a very bad role or are bvarely roleplaying, then please, do not hesistate to file a report against them! REPORT and RE-EDUCATE! It's the only way to weed out the badrp.

Always fun when you try to start a conversation and that one guy up at Green Mountain comes inbetween and asks if you have any AK mags(repeatedly),or when you meet someone and try to RP but they are just looking at what is on the ground and say''Yes,yes...''

Another RP breaking example: Someone dies in a populated area and everyone swarms over their loot. Seriously?

Steel2k    0

Just ran into some people who kept asking about my loot, like why dont use an ak instead of my blaze, and why i use a talon backpack and not something bigger.. sigh.

It really ruins trying to play a character when people starts questioning your loot.

Dont think anyone Rick Grimes ran into asked him why he only uses a revolver lol

Basoon    15

Another RP breaking example: Someone dies in a populated area and everyone swarms over their loot. Seriously?

Any time somebody dies at GM. Take this wonderful video for example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAxF0uv1Bbw

P.S. although the video makes this kill look like bad RP, this guy had been causing major problems for ~20 minutes.

Vapor    0

I don't like that people do that, really spoils the RP for me. If my character is to ever rob someone, it would be, because he is really hungry or thirsty, not a for an item that I can find later on in my travels on my own.

Just do whatever they say and let them be on their marry way. The sooner they leave you alone, the sooner your RP will get better.

;)

-snip-

Any time somebody dies at GM. Take this wonderful video for example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAxF0uv1Bbw

P.S. although the video makes this kill look like bad RP, this guy had been causing major problems for ~20 minutes.

Like moths on a flame....

Ender    628

you should be able to report people for having a fully decked M4 skull mask and smersh vest while holding a AUG Kappa

those are the type of people i hate seeing around

sure i have an AKM with drum but atleast i've tied it to my RP character i named her sarah

my pretty little AKM sarah

Today I met some guys in Zelenogorsk. One of them was just running around, never said a word, the other talked to me but acted like he was going cold turkey (moving left and right every half second). A zombie came out of nowhere and attacked me, the guy shot it but it attracted more, which he dragged towards me until I got hit and started bleeding, then he started axing them. I said "fuck that, too many meat puppets!" and started running towards the barn uphill. He started following me even though his truck was on the road all the way downhill next to the military compound. He was carrying an AKM with a drum mag but he obviously was after my AUG for some reason. I turned around and asked him why he was following and pointed out that his truck was in the opposite direction. He stated that he wasn't following me, an obvious lie and I knew he was only waiting for me to bandage to initiate. I didn't give him that chance, I ran towards the treeline and when I went past good cover, I swerved straight to my left, keeping trees between him and myself. At this point he was obviously chasing to initiate. I went behind a tree to bandage and I could still see him looking for me but he was still going uphill and my tactic had worked so he was oblivious to the fact that I was on his left. After bandaging I just left while he was still looking for me uphill. Funny thing is I've been shooting this AUG like mad, spending my ammo so I could drop it and pick up a civilian weapon just for this reason, if he had asked for it I would've just given it to him. Too bad he had to act like that.

Ghost of Levi    8

you should be able to report people for having a fully decked M4 skull mask and smersh vest while holding a AUG Kappa

This