Server time: 2017-08-20, 06:04

Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Rain: Death sentence of the fresh-spawn

Chris    61

I am all for survival being a big part of DayZ, but what chance does a freshspawn have in the rain? Five seconds after spawning I am soaked through, so I run into a nearby shed and wring out my clothes until I am only 'Damp'. After doing this a few times, I am only a short distance from my spawn point, and I am shaking, cold, and have had nothing to drink or eat yet. I may get sick and die without having any real fair chance at survival.

I like the mechanic, survivors have to take shelter from the rain or suffer the consequences. But survivors should have tools to help them in that situation, whereas freshspawns do not.

I know we can't do anything about it until the DayZ devs change starting gear, or until modding comes out. It's just frustrating that ping restrictions (can't switch servers), the food/drink system, and the respawn mechanic are making it so damn hard to survive on S4 right now.

/rant

oie_ptfk8dttq2nv.gif

Glenn    10

Rain, rain every ware.

It gets me annoyed too, it need to stop.

Also the sound is really loud but if i put it down i won't hear a thing in the game.

Just loot and later get a fire.

I don't really care in the beginning if i got soaked.

MatthewFC    9

Is your outlook really that dark if you spawn in the rain? There are a multitude of different ways to make a fire, wich dries and heats you extremely fast, and even if you dont find the necessary flare and/or matches, raincoats are so plentiful that it's rare NOT to find one every other civilian building you loot. Not to mention the very frequent Gorka equipment spawning around broken Urals.

I say that people has far more chances at survival than they want to admit, but when one spawns in substandard conditions (night server / rain / persistence on) we get very whinny and want a sunny day with lots of food at hands reach. Surviving should be harder than that, IMHO.

Chris    61

Is your outlook really that dark if you spawn in the rain? There are a multitude of different ways to make a fire, wich dries and heats you extremely fast, and even if you dont find the necessary flare and/or matches, raincoats are so plentiful that it's rare NOT to find one every other civilian building you loot. Not to mention the very frequent Gorka equipment spawning around broken Urals.

I say that people has far more chances at survival than they want to admit, but when one spawns in substandard conditions (night server / rain / persistence on) we get very whinny and want a sunny day with lots of food at hands reach. Surviving should be harder than that, IMHO.

Already sick and dead from it, so I dunno. Found no raincoat, or materials to start a fire. On an RP server, it would be nice to have a little bit more equipment to start out with.

Guest Leuku   
Guest Leuku

Since when has rain even been a problem? After 1260 hours of DayZ, rain has killed me exactly 0 times, and hypothermia only once, when it was freshly introduced on experimental. I'm not bragging, I'm saying it's being blown completely out of proportion. I don't even remember the last time I truly needed to make a fire (maybe after swimming over to the prison island a few weeks ago), just keep moving until you find a raincoat or a gorka jacket and you'll be fine. Oh and put on some dry clothes, for pete's sake.

Chris    61

Fine, guess I am just an idiot then.

Requesting thread closure.

DocTeeth    33

What I did was go to the coast and if you follow it you will find a small boat/boats. Most raincoats spawn there.. best bet to find one. After that most everything else falls into place. Hope you better luck man

Masulii    24

/closing as the OP requests it