Server time: 2017-10-22, 17:31
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
BeastMade

Laptop died. possible to fix?

BeastMade    0

My laptop just stopped working, it doesnt turn on. When i click the power button, it gives the power on lights. fan runs about 5 seconds and turns off and nothing happens on screen. anyone knows what could be the problem? and is there a way to fix it

Revilo    7

hit it very hard with a hammer, if not then just take it to a shop and have an expert review it

PureLunasee    0

Try removing the power supply and battery. Hold down the power button for about a minute and then attach the battery and try booting (has worked for me before). If that doesn't work, it may be your CMOS battery, easy enough to remove on a desktop but probably more difficult in a laptop.

Robodanjal    0

Try removing the power supply and battery. Hold down the power button for about a minute and then attach the battery and try booting (has worked for me before). If that doesn't work, it may be your CMOS battery.

Good first step to try. It could be the CMOS battery but I've never encountered one that has failed this suddenly.

If your laptop has taken a knock it may have dislodged the RAM, the symptoms of a computer with missing/loose RAM is exactly what you have posted.

Most laptops have a couple of removable panels on the bottom which allow you easy access to the hard-drive, WiFi card and RAM. Should be easy enough to Google your laptop make and model and find instructions on how to find it.

When you've explored these steps let me know how you get on and if it's not solved we can keep working towards a solution.

Karolis    0

hit it very hard with a hammer, if not then just take it to a shop and have an expert review it

69/10 fixed my problems