Server time: 2017-10-22, 17:30
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
oracle96

YouTube tips and gif help

Question

oracle96    0

As far as youtube is concerned I am just now starting out and I would actually like maybe some tips from others. What do you mainly do for recording and editing. Do you think people should have intros and ect? As for the gif question. I can not figure out at all how to post a gif in the forums so help would be greatly appreciated thanks all in advance.

7 answers to this question

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

[img=insert direct link to gif]

As for the editing tips, I would try checking out youtube.

oracle96    0

Cool thanks thought there was different code for gif. Much appreciated.

Vector    0

Hi Oracle, as Vittoria has stated, youtube would be the best place to find editing tips as for recording there are so many different options such as OBS,Shadowplay the list is long

EddyKreys    0

As for YouTube, I have been running a channel for about 7 months now. I use Fraps to record gameplay and Windows Movie Maker for simple editing stuff. For more advanced options, such as facecams commentaries, I use Sony Vegas Pro which is really good for this kind of things.

I am not good at editing so I did not produce my intro by myself. I ordered it from Fiverr. There are tons of cool intros there, and they cheap (5$ each). If you don't want to spend money, just use an Animoto's intro. You can find them at their website and you can even add custom titles and music to them. Of course, if you are good at editing you can just produce your own.

I suggest you keeping the intro short, about 6-7 seconds. I think it's better.

Oh, and good luck with the comment sections. I had to disable comments to avoid the constant spam of "sub4sub" people. Now Youtube blocks them automatically, but they still appear every now and then.

Red    253

Additionally, Youtube offers various tutorials on how to start off your youtube channel. You can find these tutorials when you log in on the right hand side of the website.

For recording, I personally just use Shadow play. In the past I have used my Hauppauge HD PVR2 to record my PS3/PS4/Wii U/Xbox footage. Works pretty solid.

I always found editing tedious so I usually uploaded the raw footage with my commentary, very similar to people for example uploading their twitch broadcasts. But when I did do editing, I always used adobe premiere. Overall for me that was the easiest one to use.

Do you feel like your question has been sufficiently answered?

Red    253

/solved