Server time: 2017-10-17, 09:29
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Fish Socks

Anne's Machinations

nbqUoFZ.png?2

Anne was alone once again.

It always ended the same. New people would come into her life and then soon leave one way or another. Consistency be damned. She had met two particularly pleasant people in the past couple days; they had made her forget. Forget her worries. Forget her struggle. She couldn't forget the plague, but it did help having a extra person. Occasionally someone from her past would pop up again and it was satisfying, but it would never again be as satisfying as when they all had sat around a campfire in Gorka's square trading food and stories. It was the closest she had come to being human again.

It was when Anne was alone that the grim truth could creep in. She opened the door to an antiquated house in Msta and immediately propped Yurij's sword against a wall. It weighed too heavy on her back and on her mind but she couldn't force herself to trade it. She sat on a bed liken to a brick and began removing her redpunk military boots that a middle school Anne probably would have appreciated. Not quite her style now, but she enjoyed the irony. Laying back on the bed, she stared at the cracking ceiling and her commonly optimistic mind wandered in to dark places.

There was hatred in her heart. A strong loathing she hardly understood. She heard them occasionally on the radio and it made her tense up. Met a small group of them once in a time of peace, and they had been more then hospitable. The Chernarus Defense Force, the Ministry of the Interior, the OREL. These were all of the names her comrades had thrown around. Anne assumed they had all played their part in the disbanding of the South Zagorian People's Republic. For the death and near-death of her friends. The reason that those alive were now scattered across the countryside. The reason she was alone.

She knew in her mind they weren't all to blame, however. She doubted the validity of why her people had broken the agreement and became hostile. Yurij was a fighter and look where that got him. The General hadn't been happy. It didn't matter now who was right and who was wrong, though. People today, Anne had noticed, were not inherently different. You fought for who you knew. She could have easily been a civilian with the CDF if she had only passed through Dolina before entering into Gorka that day.

But she hadn't.

It made her sick to think of Gorka empty. Their troops had likely scavenged the town after hearing the SZPR had disbanded. Stood in the square. Searched her home. They didn't truly know the people who had lived there. Anne wasn't positive most knew she even existed. Perhaps that could work out in her favor.

Anne knew one truth, however. She was jealous. The 85th were gone (not that she had known many of them anyway), as were the SZPR. The CDF had lost many enemies and they were surely doing well for themselves. Perhaps sitting around a campfire enjoying one another's company. And where was she? In Msta.

Alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~

So I'm looking for this to be a place where I can share Anne's current thoughts and feelings that few get to see through RP. Could be a journal someday if Anne ever has the ambition to write. It all depends a lot on how she develops.

Rifleman    14

Wow, nice read. Really enjoyed it. Keep this up!

Albe    4

Dem feels :( Also, really good, Anne!

ice126    0

Wow, Really powerful stuff! I just hope your character can find a decent group of people to call her family once again.

Guest TheKingSinbad   
Guest TheKingSinbad

Loved the read, hope to see you in game! And a very nice picture, did you design that yourself?

Thank all of you for the replies! I really appreciate it! I'll try to keep it updated as things develop.

Loved the read, hope to see you in game! And a very nice picture, did you design that yourself?

I did. Drew it for the post. I've been using my media thread as a bit of a sketch journal for her, but I may move it here with written entries.

Guest TheKingSinbad   
Guest TheKingSinbad

I did. Drew it for the post. I've been using my media thread as a bit of a sketch journal for her, but I may move it here with written entries.

That would nice to see! I'll make sure to check your art work out, a bit of an artist myself :)

Vy7EZe1.png?1

[mp3]http://picosong.com/2tVh[/mp3]

This is not how you make friends Anne. This is how you make enemies. With everyone.

Anne had recognized the man immediately as he approached her, and Captain Luka Kratochvil of the 101st had seemed to recognize her in return. Out of fear she had forced herself to remember the names and faces of those few she had met, and if it had been only a few weeks ago she no doubt would have ran from such a threat. After the SZPR had taken hostages from their camp in Dolina it hadn't been safe for her to leave Gorka without her comrades. They knew it was only a matter of time before the 101st retaliated. If the Captain was here for that now, he was far too late.

But he approached with no malice. No weapons were drawn. He was alone, and promised her nothing. If he had, she would've called it bullshit. What he did offer was a chance to join the 101st, and all that entailed. The Captain had said they “try to bring order to the on going chaos.” Try as they might as she saw it, they failed. But even after he left, the small piece of paper with their radio frequency was burning in her curiosity. It had been a strange encounter. Not at all like the one she had feared and expected. Why had he even bothered? It would be too much of a risk to allow her into Dolina. Anne had strong connections to rebel groups.

Was this truly the man who had killed her comrades?

She never sent a transmission. This wasn't a call for help. If she was going to meet them, she would do it on her own terms. It just so happened that she ran into Kratochvil once more before she had a definitive answer on what to do. And if this White Knight card he played was a ruse, he was one damn fine actor. Anne wouldn't let it persuade her. She had built her wall firm and it wouldn't break because one CDF officer mocked concern and an ambition to save the world.

Yet here she was. Still in Dolina. When he asked her intentions, she had told him she would stay. Maybe it was better then being alone traveling the dangerous roads of Chernarus. Maybe she had agreed to remain in the belly of the beast. She was positive about nothing now, especially her own thoughts.

Anne had spoken to Eric and John before setting off to meet the CDF. The few that remained. They had thought it a joke. And why wouldn't they? It didn't make any sense, least of all to her. They needed to know, she owed her comrades that. She had seen the pain and betrayal in Eric's eyes when he realized she was serious, the man she had sat by as he recovered from the battle at Green Mountain, who had almost lost his life to the group she now courted. They parted ways with little understanding, but with trust. These were her brothers from the SZPR and they supported her in her curiosity.

Maybe Captain Luka Kratochvil wasn't the only idealist. Maybe she was one for giving the CDF a chance.

//Note: She is actually a million times more gross then what the picture depicts. The apocalypse is obviously no place for nice hair and heels. I just like drawing her in pretty outfits occasionally.

Nice read, love the drawings!

Anne had dreamed about her wedding day since she was a little girl.

She even had a secret pinterest account of wedding ideas before the world had went to hell. Cakes, table decorations, flowers, quirky photographs, rings. Navy and yellow would be the colors. The list of bridesmaids were subject to change, depending on which friends were in her good graces or on her shit list at the moment. Of course, she'd be married under a canopy as her family and religion wished. Her husband would break the glass. The groom wasn't accounted for yet, but Anne was sure her Prince Charming would come along someday and sweep her off her feet. That's how it worked wasn't it?

Tears had long since dried on her cheeks as she sat huddled near a wall in a small home in Dolina. She wasn't positive if any of the other CDF soldiers were around at the time she drove back into town, if they were she had ignored them completely. No one needed to see her like this.

In the dead of night she crept to the well to wash her face. The cold water and night air were cleansing. Thoughts raced through her mind. The more she told herself what those men had done didn't matter, the more she realized it did. She told herself she was lucky, after she had been married to one of the men at gun point she was given the option to leave. They had threatened to chain her up in one of the houses. It could have been so... so much worse. But she wasn't lucky. There were no canopies, flowers, bridesmaids, not even a church. Her fate had been decided by a twisted group of bandits parading as survivors. She didn't deserve this taken from her and she didn't deserve this shitty world.

That wasn't what hurt her most, however. They had taken Yurij's sword. She had promised to keep it safe when he left Gorka to take CDF hostages, and she had it when he died at Green Mountain. It had been so important to him, and she carried on not only his memory, but the memory of the SZPR through it. Without it, who would remember? Anne had failed him. Failed everyone she had held dear. Not only had she went behind their backs and joined the group they despised, she had lost her last possession of their time together. She was weak. A coward.

Anne's petty feud and concerns with the CDF mattered little as her blood began to boil. This was not going to slide. They were not going to rob and humiliate her without consequence. Every resource at her disposal she would use against these men. Yurij's sword belonged in her hands and hers alone.

She sat by the well in the center of town and watched the stars move across the night's sky. Never had Anne thought she would be so thankful to be in Dolina.

WarMachine    11

Began reading this now, and your writing is brilliant! I enjoyed reading Anne's life and decisions she made. Would love to see more! :D And don't worry, that sword will come back Soon ;)

1idIFit.png?2

*written on the back of the polaroid: Anne & Viktor March 16th 2015*

Networking. It was what Anne had been trained to do with her Bachelor's Degree in Marketing and it was what she was doing now in Chernarus.

She had met a number of new people that day, and it was taking her quite a bit of time to process it all. Lots of... business she had needed to tend to and new business that decided to rear its ugly head. Before the break of dawn she had unexpectedly met with an unfamiliar group. The Order. Some old friends she trusted in the SZPR had moved on to their ranks and it was oddly unnerving to think of them with new people. Not to mention a group who played into the family's game. Their diplomat had also asked her some questions about the CDF she wasn't quite prepared for. Quickly she had to decide her own feelings about the group. Facts she hadn't faced yet. In end she attempted to clear the group's name as best she could, there were a lot of misconceptions even she had once believed. They asked about Captain Luka... if she would mind if the idealist was disposed of... The answer she gave allowed her some relief at the end of the stressful day, after he had treated her so kindly that afternoon. Shit. Everything would be so much easier if the CDF were full of cunts. But they weren't. And if The Order had some trouble with their Allies, she would make sure the CDF were far away from the Refuge when it happened. As reluctant as she was to say it, they were her new family. Anne needed to protect them in ways the others couldn't.

And then came her meeting with Mikhail. There was a big task ahead of him, but she knew with the right incentive and just enough batting of her eyes, she could get him to do anything. Maybe soon she would have revenge. Maybe soon Yurij's sword would return to her possession. In the end would it make her feel better? Would it change anything? Was it worth what she offered him? Anne hoped so. She needed that closure.

Luka had told her the rest of the world was consumed by the virus. She had heard others say so, but had no reason to believe it as truth. Hearing it from the Captain made her knees weak and her stomach turn. Was this truly what the world was now? Would she never make it back home? Never see her family again? Anne had made a fool of herself breaking down in front of those at the Refuge. He had told her it was okay to be emotional. Bullshit. If this was how it was going to be, she needed most of all to not feel a thing. She was weak in front of him. She couldn't afford that again.

But hey, Anne did meet Jacob today. They had been talking solely on the radio for close to a month now and they finally stumbled upon one another. She was positive he had about given up on her, but he made it to the Refuge. She wished she could have kept him out of this trouble.

Anne leaned back against a tree by a quaint stream as the sun slowly crept toward the horizon. She took a deep breath of fresh air, grabbed a leather bound notebook she had been keeping in her drybag, and jotted down some notes to herself. More business for another day.

Matt    24

Very good read this and enjoy the pictures that come with each story :)

Good read. Good picturesque artwork. Cant wait to see more and see what happens in the end. :D

Guest Yuri Ubiytsa   
Guest Yuri Ubiytsa

she knew with the right incentive and just enough batting of her eyes, she could get him to do anything

Wat?

Thank you guys! I appreciate the kind comments :)

she knew with the right incentive and just enough batting of her eyes, she could get him to do anything

Wat?

Like, flirting with him. I can change it if you'd like, or if it isn't clear enough.

Great reading so far, it's got the feels and the wordsmithing, love it! Great artwork too, really complements the piece.

Guest Yuri Ubiytsa   
Guest Yuri Ubiytsa

Thank you guys! I appreciate the kind comments :)

Wat?

Like, flirting with him. I can change it if you'd like, or if it isn't clear enough.

I no stupid I get it.

PwnCaiks101    0

I frackin' love the story and the pictures that go along with each addition is just a spectacle of greatness that adds on to it and forms a image in your head.

Love to see you try that on the Hound. I believe when hes around its the other way around.

I frackin' love the story and the pictures that go along with each addition is just a spectacle of greatness that adds on to it and forms a image in your head.

Love to see you try that on the Hound. I believe when hes around its the other way around.

Wow! I'm glad you're enjoying it so much! And they clearly must battle then.

Priestpel    5

Just came across this and waheeeey, Jacob got a mention =P

Glad to have finally met Anne and made it to Refuge =]

Sign in to follow this