Server time: 2017-08-23, 08:18

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heffer

Connection Failed

Question

Guest Heffer   
Guest Heffer

I was recently playing on the standalone RP servers. The server i was playing on restarted and when i then went to reconnect it started to load and then gave me the message "connection failed"

If anyone has had this problem that has any ideas on how to fix it, your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

-Heffer

5 answers to this question

Glenn    10

When the server crashes it has to reboot.

It will show that it is online but be careful, when you join the server too soon your character will make a reset.

Due the server reboot it will put you back to the start.

Just a tip: When the server restarts just wait a minute or 2 - 3 and then get back in just to make sure your character will not be deleted and you won't have the crash.

Guest Heffer   
Guest Heffer

When the server crashes it has to reboot.

It will show that it is online but be careful, when you join the server too soon your character will make a reset.

Due the server reboot it will put you back to the start.

Just a tip: When the server restarts just wait a minute or 2 - 3 and then get back in just to make sure your character will not be deleted and you won't have the crash.

This error was showing even after the server came back up. My friends were able to play but i just got the error message when i joined.

Glenn    10

Are you starting up steam as Administrator and is DayZ turned off in your firewall?

Guest Heffer   
Guest Heffer

Are you starting up steam as Administrator and is DayZ turned off in your firewall?

I just re-installed the game and it seemed to work, not sure what the problem was but thanks for your time.

Glenn    10

I just re-installed the game and it seemed to work, not sure what the problem was but thanks for your time.

All right. Hope it won't happen again.

/Solved