Server time: 2017-10-22, 12:01
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Joey Blanco

Clarification on a rule

Question

Joey Blanco    0

Hi, I have a short question. I just got my first whitelist application rejected :( but I have fixed must of the problems with it now. There is just one thing on there that I did not understand.

"You have failed to or incorrectly explained the KoS rule about group KoS rights sharing."

I am not 100 percent sure I know what this means I have reread the rules and I think this is refereeing to the fact that you can KoS if you are within 500 meters of the event and all parties involved where separated for a time.

Can someone please confirm that I am understanding this correctly.

7 answers to this question

Merrick    0

I hope i can use this post.

So I got rejected today for the second time for this reason :

"You have failed to or incorrectly explained the KoS rule about complying hostages. "

And here is what I wrote and understood aboutthe rule:

"When a bandit takes a hostage, he is required to defend the hostage from threats such as Zeds, treat his wounds and give him food and drinks to keep him alive and in a relatively good condition. Killing a hostage is allowed only if the execution is justified and role-played.

If a bandit decides to let the hostage go, he has to provide him with supplies and an appropriate form of protection (an axe or a pistol with a few rounds)."

Can anyone tell me where I made mistake? Because I am pretty sure this is correct and I can't see any other explanations.

Wendsill    0

Part of KOS rule

Those who control the freedom of their victim(s) must do everything in their power to keep their victim(s) alive and in relatively good health, unless they have good in character reason to execute their victim(s). Otherwise the victim(s) may only be executed by the bandits if they do not comply with demands or if they pose a direct threat to them.

Read the rule and compare to your reply. You'll notice the difference. Further more eloborate with examples. It will show that you know how the rule works.

Merrick    0

I did it before posting and even now (after reading it for like 20 times) I still can not spot any difference. Are they really that strict about using examples?

Wendsill    0

Giving an example to staff about the rule means that you have enough knowledge of the rule to explain it, it can also help you understand the rule better.

Example;

Player B is being initiated upon by player A. Player B does not comply and tries to reach for a weapon, player B gets shot by player A. This is not a KOS, this is allowed since player B did not comply with the demans made by A.

Player B is being initiated upon by player A. Player B does not comply and shoots player A. This is not a KOS, this is allowed since player A performed a hostile action against player B.

Player B is being initiated upon by player A. Player B complies with every demand player A has. Player A is now responsible for the health and well being of player B. Since player B is complying player A cannot execute him.

Killing a complying hostage is not allowed.

And yes they are strict about the whitelist and to be completely fair so should they be. We are a unique community which we try to keep. The whitelist helps out weed out the unwanted ones.

I hope that your questions are answered now, please open a sepate thread if you want to ask some more questions.