Server time: 2017-08-24, 03:12

Sign in to follow this  
djrosaparks

Initiating via radio?

Question

djrosaparks    3

Would using a radio to initiate on larger groups be acceptable. For example, if there is a large group in GM and me and my froends want to take it over, but since initiating on large groups is very hard to do face to face without everyone gunning each other down, if radios were placed insode the compound could me and my group communicate woth those in said and say something like "everyone outside the compound in 3 minutes, if they do not comply after recieving out initiation via radio do we have permission to shoot?

5 answers to this question

Spartan    1028

not sure but i think you first need to talk with them with your character. maybe the battery's are dead of your radio's and there will be a huge misunderstanding.

You are not able to initiate any hostilities via radio, Initiations need to be clear and easily understood. you can not always guarantee that the other party will hear or understand what exactly is going on. always use text or speech when you initiate. starting hostilities with a large group is difficult yes but that just means you need to get creative with it

You are not able to initiate any hostilities via radio, Initiations need to be clear and easily understood. you can not always guarantee that the other party will hear or understand what exactly is going on. always use text or speech when you initiate. starting hostilities with a large group is difficult yes but that just means you need to get creative with it

With all due respect using a radio is kind of the only way to 'get creative' with it. You can only use voice or text to communicate in game. There's not a lot of deviation from there. I understand the use of radios being too 'easy'. Allowing aggressors to be very safe whilst initiating.

You can't use a note for the same reason that you can't use a radio.

Unless you want to go further and use a pre-captured hostage to initiate for you or something similar. To the OP, my group and I use voice as well as a text message to initiate.

There have been a few times where members of a group have gotten close to our targets and befriended them in order to give us information before we would initiate, it has proven to be successful every time so far. There are many ways to confront a large group you are hostile with and it does not always have to be about shooting each other. Hostile RP is a great way to build on a story with your enemies and will create better dialog later in time.

Red    149

Basically,

To awsner the OP's question. No It is not allowed to use a walkie talkie to initiate on a group..

/solved