Server time: 2017-10-23, 17:09
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
DerrickStorm

Matches and matchboxes

Question

DerrickStorm    34

Hi, I have a quick question about matches. When hovering over the matchbox the info says that the box can contain up to 250 matches. The number in lower corner of the box says '45'. But when I hover over the box it says '0 remaining'. The '0 remaining' msg appears also when hovering over single bolt. That lead me to believe it can be a bug. So... '0 remaining' on the matchbox that has '45' number in lower right corner of the icon is a bug or does it mean that it has 45 matches inside but all 45 are ruined (got wet?) and that's why it displayes '0 remaining'?

Thank you in advance!

4 answers to this question

DrunkSanta    0

Hmm.. I believe the current maximum amount of matches you can find in a matchbox is 90. (Since you can't combine matchboxes)

The 45 number you see is just part of the model which, apparently does not reflect the real number.

The '0 Remaining' is probably a bug, or maybe the devs expect you to notice that the box is empty and manually throw it away?

Anyway always remember this is an early access and buggy as hell game, and will be for quite some time.

Spartan    1245

i got a pristine matchbox with 99 matches (i can die in peace now <3). the 0 remaining is indeed a bug. you'll find it everywhere, with arrows, bolts, matches etc. the number you have, like me with 99, means how many times you can still use it. everytime you do the action of igniting it will count down one. also when the match "went out of the rain/wind"

yeah, that's pretty much it!

DerrickStorm    34

Thank you very much for your answers. Now everything is clear. I know this game is still in alpha and I don't mind it. Just wanted to be sure if '0 remaining' info doesn't mean that matchbox is useless. Thanks again.