Server time: 2017-08-20, 13:44

Sign in to follow this  
grumpyk

Polls section

grumpyk    0

Is it possible to create a section of the forum dedicated to polls? Would anyone else like a section specifically for polls?

simiskovich    0

Don't really see the point of it, polls are connected to threads which often differ in category.

Polls for what exactly?

He's talking about when people make a poll in their thread in a specific forum, there should be a forum that is just polls posted in it.

I like the idea.

grumpyk    0

Exactly as Metal said. A section of the forum specifically for polling. It would be easy to organize and it's pretty standard on most other forums (the one's I have participated in at least).

I don't think the amount of polls there are warrants an entire sub-forum. Plus it only gives more work to the admins to move all said polls around.

grumpyk    0

They wouldn't really need to move existing polls. Only create an announcement and new subforum. The most work would be on the end of finding mods to moderate a new subforum (which can be a daunting task as I have seen on some other forums) and an announcement saying a new subforum for polls has been created, post polls there. Just a suggestion for better forum organization.

Red    144

Polls aren't too often made and when they are, they're related to a thread where the OP is looking to gain community thoughts.

All in all, I'd say that this idea isn't really nessecary.

It's always good to see people brainstorm ideas though! :)

Subso    0

I think having polls in the sections where the topic belongs to is more organised.

Ghost of Levi    8

There arent enough polls to make an entire forum on it, it would cost too much for too little IMO

Vandy    34

A board for just polls is really not needed.

Most of the times, polls are related to a thread within the suggestions, general discussion or standalone board.

It's not just a "plain poll" and thus not really needed to create a polls subsection...