Server time: 2017-10-18, 07:45
Safe Zone: CLOSED

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  
grumpyk

What inspired your character?

grumpyk    0

Simple question: What inspiration did you draw on when you created your character?

I am planning on a conspiracy theorist radio dj char and got my inspiration from a friend who used to listen to Coast to Coast AM (a paranormal/conspiracy theorist radio show in North America). Thought it would be fun.

What inspired your character?

Wendsill    0

Question for you, how would a conspiracy theorist dj end up on in Chernarus?

For me, my character resembles me in a great deal.

grumpyk    0

My characters background is pretty much a Canadian (Quebecois) radio dj who went on a vacation to Chernarus. Her hobby is studying ufo's and she's a huge alien conspiracy theorist who heard there was unusual activity in Chernarus (prior to the outbreak so early October-ish time) and wanted to go see. She gets there, outbreak goes down, quarantine goes down, and cannot leave. Meanwhile, she is completely obsessed with gathering evidence of her theory that the plague is alien and the world's governments are covering up aliens involvement. Of course everything has gone to shit and she's more focused on surviving now, but she's running around believing that zombies are caused by alien influence. She's overall just a crazy ufo tourist (like those people you get in Arizona or other supposed alien "hotspots" with a case of wrong place, wrong time.

My characters background has little to do with this thread though. It's not a thread for background, just a thread for inspiration of the character created.

Red    241

My character is inspired by the main characters of tv shows like Falling Skies, The Walking Dead etc.

A character with humanity where the choices he ends up making in this apocalypse will end up reshaping him into the person that he might be forced to be.

So no super soldier character for me. Instead I'm playing an Ivy League student who has picked the wrong time to go overseas for a hiking trip.

Autumn    127

Most of my characters are reflections of friends and people I have met. Taking characteristics from each of them and mashing them together into a cohesive pliable amount of clay. Then, I mold a story out of them and see if they stand up to the heat of scrutiny. If that passes then the character thrives, though eventually like everything they will die and turn to dust.

Vapor    0

I love writing and Kaiden is just another piece of my writing. The difference is, I bring him to life by playing him. So, Kaiden is just a fictional character, brought up by my imagination. I am not going to tell anymore, because, currently in the process of writing his story... :)

Everyone will learn more about him later on. So, for now, he's just a character that is played by me...

Kaidens name I got from Mass Effect.

VincentLake    2

The name (Or atleast the May part of it) comes of a real life psychiatrist, who used his own mental disorder to treat his patients. The story is thought up by myself and really does not have any inspiration from anything :)

HAGGLE    5

JRlxFa2.jpg

Don Quixote, Herbert Daring Dashwood, Neelix, Professor Farnsworth, and the salesman stereotypes from the early 1900's.

Ender    631

it was june 2 1997 and a child was born this child was ME! thats who inspired my character :D

aka i play myself in game

Guest Sabotagejensen   
Guest Sabotagejensen

My character is "based" upon a tormented man with a strickt and harsh childhood. NOT at all what mine where like...

By giving my character a dark mind I can play around with behaviours, feelings and reactions of my character.

Ghost of Levi    8

My character is based on what i see in the comunity do i see a lack of doctors ill be an doctor after i die, do i see a lack of civs ill be a civ after i die, do i see this than that etc... thats how i pritty much play

Mamba    0

My characters before have all been bad men. One was an arms dealer, the other was a cutthroat savage in the Blackwood Militia.

Eventually I built up a reputation to be that kind of character and it really cheapened the Role Play for me.

People would see me and my friends and immediately run away. The constant firefights and robberies was fun for a bit. I didn't get a chance to experience the same roleplay that others had. No getting to know a stranger or having a huge party at a friends home. Everything was hostile all the time.

So when I left Blackwood I decided that this character would step away from seeking out the militarized gear and guns. Sure I will use them if they are given to me, I just won't seek it out. My character now is friendlier and talks to people "once he gets to know them". Gives RP a new life when you find the groove you want to play in.

Davos    5

Honestly? Kevin Costner. I pulled the idea from the Postman, and since Im a Mailroom Manager, I thought it would be entertaining to mix us together in the apocalypse and see how we do.

Bob is another story, Bob is just me stuck in Chernarus.

My character is inspired by me. Or rather things which i would love to do but i can't in my real life.

oracle96    0

Character resembles me. I actually am a business man and and also plan on taking college for it and owning my own company. Just not as wild as my character was XDD

BeastMade    0

My character was inspired by me, i just wanted to roleplay as myself and didnt want to make any amazing character :)

Krullin    0

I just have a system for creating characters, don't really get inspiration from anything other than for what they prefer to wear or their manor of speaking. Like, if he's a tour guide maybe he'll prefer quilted jackets or sweaters since most tour guides I know wear those things, and we don't have windbreakers or fleeces in yet.

I also perma them, but I haven't really played much recently so I haven't changed character in a while.

My old character was just an expy of myself, basically, including my job, so less interesting.

My current character is a foul mouthed Montreal boxer who's personal bad habits have kept her from any success, who's an Irish origin Anglo that tends to curse in Joual. She's an older character of mine that I decided to flesh out in both origin and job, and I've been doing a lot of research on both her location and pugilism to try and add some realism to her. I'd say personality wise she's loosely based on tough girl characters played by Michelle Rodriguez.

I really wanted a character who could defend herself but at the same time wasn't someone used to guns in any capacity, unlike most of the server. ;) And she's got a reason to be in Chenarus, though I told Lucia if I have time for a second character, it's going to be like a Chenarusian librarian who accidentally shoots trees and is freaked out by gun noises :D

Rose232    2

Django unchained, and my own great grandfather. He grew up in the city only to move out in the middle of nowhere.

Basoon    15

My character is kind of like me, but with everything amplified 10x. Mainly I picked it based on 2 things:

1. I hadn't heard of anybody else playing this at the time (I know of a few more now, I guess i'm not as creative as I thought)

2. I know that this kind of character and his predispositions would lead to some interesting RP encounters.

If you are new to RP, best to pick a character that is kind of like you, so that you can RP him better. Also, just be unique and don't play a cliche, let your character evolve in game more than in your back story, I think if you do this, it will be much more enjoyable for you.

My character was inspired by the book 'The Pilgrim's Progress' by John Bunyan. I find most universes seem to forget the religious dimension, I'm sure that alot of people would go to god in a zombie apocalypse (or they would just hang themselves)

Blitz    0

My character was inspired by the need for family comradery, yeh I met brothers in game but they didnt act like brothers just instead like good friends or aqaintences. My character is very reliant on othets for moral support at times and my IC brother taught everything i know about surviving and overcoming anger towards others. It makes for interesting RP

I just made my character on the spot. Someone asked me what my occupation was and I said I was in the overseas shipping company and that's how I ended of in Chernarus. I have a story now but I should really work on my characters before playing on them.