Server time: 2017-08-20, 10:02

Sign in to follow this  
ShadowzHD

Bandits - My thoughts :)

ShadowzHD    0

I see that a lot of people hate bandits and think they ruin the game. Well i strongly disagree. I'm not the most experienced DayZ player by any means and I'm pretty positive that many people in the Forums have more hours, skill, and experience than I do. But well that doesn't make my opinion any less valid. So here are my thoughts about bandits:

Since like many other survival (shooter) games the environmental elements (hunger, weather, zombies, sickness, etc.) aren't big life threatening factors in DayZ SA, without bandits I think that the game would be insanely boring. You see many using the phrase "If you're gonna just shoot people on sight why don't you just play CoD? and while I do think getting shot on sight is annoying it constantly keeps you on your toes and gives you that little adrenaline rush you need to keep the game entertaining while you're running through towns looking for good loot. But as we all know those are many types of bandits that like to play the game differently. I honestly really like the way Mr Moon plays DayZ. There is no doubt that he is a bandit. I've never seen him do a good deed so far. But the reason he doesn't get any hate is because he is creative. He likes to f**k with people, scare them, infiltrate them, and do many other things that are really entertaining to watch, and I'm gonna assume, to be a part of (weather you're the on doing it or the one getting f**ked). I'm 100% sure that I like bandits that are creative and interactive than the shoot-on-sight style, trigger happy ones. But nontheless without bandits DayZ would turn into a game where people would run around, getting the best loot and... well not doing anything in particular with them, maybe except for killing a half-retarded, drunk zombie every now and then. So next time you get killed by a bandit don't be sad that you lost all your gear, be happy that you can experience the thrill and adrenaline of combat in a beautiful survival game like DayZ :)

Prince    93

"It's not the kill it's the thrill of the chase"-Deep Purple 1984

I think newbie bandits can learn from that phrase

[video=youtube]

I find this applicable to the situation.

I see that a lot of people hate bandits and think they ruin the game. Well i strongly disagree. I'm not the most experienced DayZ player by any means and I'm pretty positive that many people in the Forums have more hours, skill, and experience than I do. But well that doesn't make my opinion any less valid. So here are my thoughts about bandits:

Since like many other survival (shooter) games the environmental elements (hunger, weather, zombies, sickness, etc.) aren't big life threatening factors in DayZ SA, without bandits I think that the game would be insanely boring. You see many using the phrase "If you're gonna just shoot people on sight why don't you just play CoD? and while I do think getting shot on sight is annoying it constantly keeps you on your toes and gives you that little adrenaline rush you need to keep the game entertaining while you're running through towns looking for good loot. But as we all know those are many types of bandits that like to play the game differently. I honestly really like the way Mr Moon plays DayZ. There is no doubt that he is a bandit. I've never seen him do a good deed so far. But the reason he doesn't get any hate is because he is creative. He likes to f**k with people, scare them, infiltrate them, and do many other things that are really entertaining to watch, and I'm gonna assume, to be a part of (weather you're the on doing it or the one getting f**ked). I'm 100% sure that I like bandits that are creative and interactive than the shoot-on-sight style, trigger happy ones. But nontheless without bandits DayZ would turn into a game where people would run around, getting the best loot and... well not doing anything in particular with them, maybe except for killing a half-retarded, drunk zombie every now and then. So next time you get killed by a bandit don't be sad that you lost all your gear, be happy that you can experience the thrill and adrenaline of combat in a beautiful survival game like DayZ :)

I don't think there is an issue with people not liking the bandit role.

I think people are fed up for every other person being a bandit and the acts they carry out. A creative bandit contributes hugely to RP and makes it an enjoyable experience for everyone.

A bandit that lacks creativity and robs for the sake of robbing brings down the quality of RP and is something that is frowned upon and recieved badly within the community.

I don't think there is an issue of people being anti bandit, I think there is a problem with there being too many bad bandits.

Sin    114

without bandits DayZ would turn into a game where people would run around, getting the best loot and... well not doing anything in particular with them, maybe except for killing a half-retarded, drunk zombie every now and then. So next time you get killed by a bandit don't be sad that you lost all your gear, be happy that you can experience the thrill and adrenaline of combat in a beautiful survival game like DayZ :)

If I had a nickel for every time I've seen this argument ....

It makes me sad that you don't get it.

DayZ is a sandbox game. You can do whatever you like with it, play however you like. The bandit / hero dichotomy is false. Gear is not a motivating factor of good DayZRP players. Most of the good players I know consider themselves sufficiently geared once they have some clothes that suit their character and a melee weapon. The game isn't about grinding for gear, or killing drunk zombies, or seeing how many people you can rob; though you can freely choose to do so, and if you do, I can see how you would find the game boring. The thing is though, if you create a well-rounded, living, breathing character and enact and develop his/her story through interactions with other players over time, you might begin to realize that there are other, more interesting ways to play the game. Sure, it's not as exciting as playing a twitch shooter, but it can be far more deeply satisfying and fulfilling in an entirely different way.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Not sick of bandits at all. Sick of the drop weps 10 second bandits. Sick of the rob, just because I can bandits.. If there is a solid reason to do so, information, desperate for equipment/food etc.. Then fine. With persistence off there is really no need for gear robberies.

I'm not sick of any particular character class. I'm sick of the horrendous RP.

I've encountered a ton of rule-play robberies that only last about 5 minutes despite my best efforts to draw them into actual RP. The loss of my stuff sucks but not nearly as bad as the whole situation makes me feel.

Then there's the cover my ass role play robberies. These guys are just like the rule-play robbers only they will take you aside and "interrogate" you. This interrogation pretty much consists of one question. "Have you seen (insert popular group name here)" which I think is their attempt at roleplaying, which is so sad as the group asked about 99% of the time is the family.

Then there are the lame looters. There guys will either not acknowledge you at all or they will continue to sprint around and loot as they make the most half-assed one word responses to any attempts at role play just so they can get you out of their way and continue looting.

There's also the server hoppers. These guys will appear in high end loot areas shortly after a reset. They appear out of nowhere sprint around much like the lame looters. After they have sprint searched the area if you are still in any kind of contact with them will say something along the lines of being tired. Then run around a corner or into a shed and log out in pursuit of more gear on the next server in their list.

Last but not least are the sheeple. They appear in GM and now recently the prison island. The sheeple gravitate towards these hotspots in the hopes of meeting some broadcaster they saw a video of the other day. Their RP is either childish, trollish or just plain non-existent. I've encountered the sheeple many times outside of these hotspots but that's where they are always mindlessly heading.

These are the people I encounter on a regular basis. for every 10 encounters I have 1 will be actual decent and engaging RP for all parties involved. While the other 9 are one of the types I've mentioned above.

This however does not deter me. I have started to look at encounters like I would using an online dating site. You have to wade through an ocean of shit RP before you encounter the pearls that are the genuine roleplayers out there.

-End Rant

Only bad bandit is one who just kills or robs for the hell of it

I got the drop weps 10 secs, and they took everything down to my shoes, told me to run away, I asked for a bandage and/or their old melee weapon so I can protect myself against the zombies, they said nope and threatened to shoot me if I didn't run, so I left, 5 minutes later, I near bled out from a zombie hit

was disappointed to lose all my gear, but was raging at the horrible interaction and bad RP

A good bandit would interrogate you if they actually had a reason, or keep a slave, or convert you to Islam against your will lol

JustinTime    0

Not sick of bandits at all. Sick of the drop weps 10 second bandits. Sick of the rob, just because I can bandits.. If there is a solid reason to do so, information, desperate for equipment/food etc.. Then fine. With persistence off there is really no need for gear robberies.

I'm with you on this, I was held up by four bandits with AUGS and M4s and full military gear. They took my mosin and mp5, and all my food except a pipsi and a can of peaches. They didn't need anything I had just robbed me because I was alone.

To be honest a lot of the drop weaps 10 secs bandits hang out around military loot because thats all they care about is loot. Record, get names and report. We don't want this gear gear gear gear gear crap here. On another note, bandits are necessary. It just sucks that we don't have persistence because then it will actually mean something. I think people just need to stop going to military areas 24/7. I have a shotgun with 45 rounds and that is all I will ever need. Zombies I can deal with a baseball bat easily. I think people just need to wander the map and run into people by chance. That is when the best RP happens.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

To be honest a lot of the drop weaps 10 secs bandits hang out around military loot because thats all they care about is loot. Record, get names and report. We don't want this gear gear gear gear gear crap here. On another note, bandits are necessary. It just sucks that we don't have persistence because then it will actually mean something. I think people just need to stop going to military areas 24/7. I have a shotgun with 45 rounds and that is all I will ever need. Zombies I can deal with a baseball bat easily. I think people just need to wander the map and run into people by chance. That is when the best RP happens.

How come there is no punishment for Drop wep 10 second robberies then ? Or pointless robberies ? Like, robbing for gear, if a robber is already geared etc.... ?

How come there is no punishment for Drop wep 10 second robberies then ? Or pointless robberies ? Like, robbing for gear, if a robber is already geared etc.... ?

If you look at reports. we always punish Drop weaps 10 secs robberies... always. Gear is a different thing. People will rob for gear they need (as long as it makes sense) and as long as they provide enjoyable RP people shouldn't get too upset.

Sin    114

There have been a lot of reports recently that accuse 'no reason for robbery', but most of the time, the GMs penalize them for other, higher profile infractions such as KOS or NVFL.

Vallejsson    0

I really do agree with you. There are really not a lot of other combat/survival games out there that gives you that little extra kick of adrenaline and always keeps you on your toes. I also think that the way the game is designed makes it combat and player interaction very special.

Xiphos    0

Haven't been on for a few days and notice people referencing that persistence was turned back off.

Is this true guys?

Beckett    0

I love bandits, I mean a lot of that is probably because i have always enjoyed freaking people out and being a creepy person. But i agree with what people are saying KOS bandits (which hopefully no one has had to deal with very often on here, obviously there are one or two that may have slipped through but if that happens report it, record it, get names and it will be dealt with) and them 10 second drop stuff robbing bandits, I mean GET AN IMAGINATION COME ON!

I'm playing a good guy role at the moment though but i'm yet to encounter a good and proper bandit rp, maybe i've been lucky but i stay away from the military zones, i have no need to go there, I'm a veterinarian not a soldier so why would i? I think maybe I'll go back to the bandit life at some point and show these "bandits" what a real bandit looks like ;)

Guest Leuku   
Guest Leuku

I have nothing but contempt for bandits. They are dime a dozen, and let's face it: They're all clones, they are all interchangeable. There's absolutely no creativity in them. And then there are the fanboys and tryhards who run around trying to imitate what they saw some youtuber or streamer do, or what they heard about from older players (shoe robbery, no pants in Elektro etc). And let's face it, on regular servers people justify being bandits simply so that they get to shoot at other players. It's pathetic.

So next time you get killed by a bandit be sad that you lost your gear to an uncreative idiot.

Subso    0

I have nothing but contempt for bandits. They are dime a dozen, and let's face it: They're all clones, they are all interchangeable. There's absolutely no creativity in them. And then there are the fanboys and tryhards who run around trying to imitate what they saw some youtuber or streamer do, or what they heard about from older players (shoe robbery, no pants in Elektro etc). And let's face it, on regular servers people justify being bandits simply so that they get to shoot at other players. It's pathetic.

So next time you get killed by a bandit be sad that you lost your gear to an uncreative idiot.

Oh there are some bandits that are very good. Creative. But they are outnumbered from thos you described.

Muffin    0

I Love bandits without them there is no fun. All you would do with-out bandits would collect gear and kill a few Z's until you get bored and go on Arma 3 .

Phantoms    0

my opinion on bandits are the exact same to everyone else. they make the game more enjoyable and more of a challenge. it gives the game more of a sketchy feeling of what might to come. dayz wouldnt be what it is if we didnt have bandits we would just have annoying zombies. i for one think badits are key to what makes dayz a more enjoyable action game.

my opinion on bandits are the exact same to everyone else. they make the game more enjoyable and more of a challenge. it gives the game more of a sketchy feeling of what might to come. dayz wouldnt be what it is if we didnt have bandits we would just have annoying zombies. i for one think badits are key to what makes dayz a more enjoyable action game.