Server time: 2017-08-22, 05:36

Sign in to follow this  
TheAssassinZX

What Tomorrow Will Bring

What Tomorrow Will Bring

Entry One

[align=left][mp3]http://puu.sh/gRKlB/9345b44cd8.mp3[/mp3]

Here I was. Sitting on some grass upon a hill and staring into the ocean. It was truly beautiful sight from up here. The moonlight was glistening off the surface of the calm sea, and a soft, gentle breeze blew against me and causing the grass surrounding me to sway against the breeze. I let out a sigh, smiled for a moment and closed my eyes. The view was serene. It was truly spectacular. Why couldn't it always be as peaceful as it is right now?

Peace is a rarity these days. Only a couple of hours ago one of those... "things" tried to get me and almost did. It was a female in her twenties I'd say She had long blonde hair caked in dirt and blood. Her face bloodied and decayed... and her eyes... those where the most frightening feature of them all. Before I had time to pull out my knife she was already in front me. Her hands clawed into my arm. It fucking hurt. I had to put her out of her misery, for my own sake. With one swift, mighty blow to the head, it was all over.

I try my best not to think of them as human any more, as tough as it is. Even though they used to live and breathe like I do now. I wonder if she had people that cared for her. Loved ones. People that miss her. I wonder what kind of life she lived.

A tear rolled down my cheek and I closed my eyes as tightly as I could so no more could escape. No matter how many of them I've had to do this to it doesn't get any easier. I wonder if it ever will? How many of them will it take before I don't feel anything at all any more? I sighed and wiped away the tears with the back of my hand.

A moment later I opened my eyes again and continued staring into the ocean. The tranquillity of this scene was somewhat smoothing. I unzipped the pocket of the jacket I was wearing, pulled out a packet of cigarettes, took one out and put it in my mouth before putting the packet back away into my pocket, zipping it back up. Looking towards my bag on the ground next to me as I reached in and pulled out my lighter. I lit the cigarette and took a draw of it, then exhaled.

Then I said to myself

I wonder what tomorrow will bring...

Well written, I enjoyed reading it.

Music is good but at points too strong..

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

And yeah, I notice now that the music is a bit off. Thanks for pointing this out. I shall change it at some point. :)