Server time: 2017-08-19, 22:43

Sign in to follow this  
Tuuna

first whitelist rejection

Question

Tuuna    0

got the first rejection recently, thought i would ask here what i should think about and if someone could explain the NLR and KoS better than the rule page does since its kinda short,

first what i put in the app

Kill on sight, unlike normal servers where you can just go into a town and bring down Armageddon on everyone who is there without communicating or even them seeing you, you have to communicate with them, if by some chance you want too kill them you have to make your evil intentions clear and give them some realistic demand they can either comply to(you have to let them live if they don't pose a threat to you) or deny and try to escape or fight back, you have to give them a realistic chance of surviving still, not just "hands up, get on the ground and give me all you stuff" and when they don't "bam" kill them. which is why i would love to play on the server to have interesting interactions that this rule creates.

new life rule, it works in a way so if by chance i get killed, i can't go back to my corpse and retrieve the lost gear and loot, i'm not allowed to take revenge on whom ever killed me or wronged me, my character does not remember what happened and i'm not allowed to go 1km radius near the event happened. all the memories before the death is still there though. like what friends i have what groups i know and so on. i would explain it like my character had some trauma and got amnesia and forgot what happened and why he is in a hospital, only that someone must have helped him and nursed him back to health.

and now what i need to add and learn.

"You have failed to or incorrectly explained the NLR rule exclusion timer.

You have failed to or incorrectly explained the KoS rule about complying hostages.

You have failed to or incorrectly explained the KoS rule about protecting hostages.

You have failed to or incorrectly explained the KoS rule about group KoS rights sharing.

You have failed to or incorrectly explained the KoS rule about revenge rights.

You have failed to or incorrectly explained the NLR rule about metagaming information about your killer"

im gonna read each and every note i failed to explain and read the rules a couple of times more, just wanted to know if someone had time to explain it better :)

hope i can get whitelisted in the future and see you guys online.

9 answers to this question

oracle96    0

okay i'll start with all your points it seems that you may have just got to the required limit in the app and settled for that, definitely don't be afraid to go more in depth and make a long app. To be accepted you are going to want to add information from the rules stating how long you should wait to return to area of death as well as how to deal with your characters death, especially if you roll with a team you can't just tell your team where you were killed and to go bring Armageddon as you said on your enemies. that about sums up the points on NLR as far as KOS begins you have quiet a bit more details to add such as how you are to react to complying hostages and how you are supposed to take care of them, and protect them from any harm(mainly zombies) As for KOS sharing rights and revenge i'd take another look and add the requirements that you need to meet both.

I hope this helped and if you need more help don't be afraid to pm me you rewritten work and i'll help you more ^^ Welcome to the community and i hope you get accepted your second try.

Please try to fix the problems on your own. Then you can post your application for review. We can not give you the answers, just assist. Post your updated application here.

PandoraX3M    0

As whiskey said rewrite the new one and post it. Everything that u have not put into your application has been explained in your rejection note. Take the time to rewrite it and don't instantly resubmit. Read the rules a hundred times if you must but get it right in your mind so you don't get rejected again. Take the whitelist very seriously as you only have 3 tries at it. And good luck.

Bjon    15

Hello and welcome to the forums! First things first is I suggest re-reading all of the rules a few times over again before starting to write your next application. I would also highly suggest reading the Reports/Solved Reports forums for a while to get a better grasp of how they are used and abused in game.

When writing your application more is better, but it is still not quantity over quality! You need to explain the entire NLR and KOS rule set as if you were explaining them to a five year old. Be clear and concise and use your own words. You also should also use clear in-game Role-play examples of each rule within the NLR and KOS rule sets, but still don't over do it and make things confusing, keep it relatively simple.

Take your time with it as well and don't try to rush through writing it, you will make a stupid mistake and only get rejected again, treat this as you would a job resume/interview! The better your application the faster you will be accepted. Good luck and I wish you the best in getting whitelisted! Hope to see you in-game soon!

-snippety snip-

This guy said all that needs to be said, pretty good.

Hi there,

You do seem to have a grasp of the rules but have used minamal information and missed out some key points what they have pointed out for you describe your point across clearly, reread the rules a bit

But dont panic friend, Myself and a fair few here have failed on there 1st attempt reason I failed was KOS rule

Tuuna    0

thank you all for the responses and feedback, i'll surely re-read the rules a couple of times more, and go back to them as i wright the app. i should have went to the forums before i sent it in, did not know or think i had to be super clear, but i do now and i fully understand why :)

again thank you all for the responses and the warm welcome!

Baron    2

Glad the community could help you here, if you have any further whitelist questions, feel free to PM a community helper or moderator. :)

/Solving

Tuuna    0

this is what i have added, how does it look? anything i have missed or misunderstood? :)

"new life rule, it works in a way so if by chance i get killed, i can't go back to my corpse and retrieve the lost gear and loot, im not allowed to take revenge on whom ever killed me or wronged me, my character does not remember what happened and i'm not allowed to go 1km radius near the event happened in a time spawn of 90 minutes and a server restart does not remove the 90 minute wait time, you till have to wait the 90 minutes. all the memories before the death is still there though. like what friends i have what groups i know and so on, and if i were to be killed i cant tell my group if i have any where i got killed and from where the shot came from, since i died it would be impossible for me to communicate with my team until i find them again and even then i do not remember what happened that led to my death. i would explain it like my character had some trauma and got amnesia and forgot what happened and why he is in a hospital, only that someone must have helped him and nursed him back to health.

Kill on sight, unlike normal servers where you can just go into a town and bring down Armageddon on everyone who is there without communicating or even them seeing you, you have to communicate with them, if by some chance you want too kill them you have to make your evil intentions clear and give them some realistic demand they can either comply to(you have to let them live if they dont pose a threat to you) or deny and try to escape or fight back, you have to give them a realistic chance of surviving still, not just "hands up, get on the ground and give me all you stuff" and when they dont "bam" kill them. which is why i would love to play on the server to have interesting interactions that this rule creates. if you take a person hostage and they comply and do what you say, you need to protect them from harm, keep them healthy and if you set them free you need to leave them with water,food and means to defend them-self maybe like a axe so they can survive. you may execute the hostage if it play into the roleplay.

to share KoS right's there is some criteria you have to meet, like being within 500 meters of whatever happened and are involved in one of the groups that are involved. for example, me and my group are taking shelter in a prison building, i go out to gather supplies in the town next to the building and a group of bandits invade the building and a fight occurs, i can then if i confirm its a hostile action taken upon my group shot the bandits that are threatening the safety of my group, BUT i need to be 100% sure that they are hostile, so it's better for me to maybe sneak around and try to listen whats going on before open fire, so i don't kill a innocent player.

im allowed to take revenge if a hostile action is taken against me, like a robbery or taken hostage, an example, if im taken hostage and robbed but manage to escape im allowed for 2 hours to take revenge on them, find a weapon, confirm my targets and kill or harm them. "

and thanks again :)