Server time: 2017-08-19, 11:24

Sign in to follow this  
Basoon

Temp ban for death

Basoon    15

This idea may be extremely bad, and you all may hate it. I think it could be a cool thing. My suggestion is that after you are killed by a player (not a glitch) and as long as it is not KOS or a rule break, you should have a 24 hour, 48 hour, or even 3 day ban.

in this thread

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-you-re-playing-a-sociopath

Lucia starts a great convo.

People begin talking about the fact that people kill and initiate with no real regards, because they know if the die from the encounter, it is no big deal. In a way, they metagame by knowing ooc that they will respawn, even though their character should think they could literally die.

Permadeath players probably already know the feeling, and I am sure they play differently.

This would simply cause people to have a bit more real life fear for their character's life and that would transfer across to in game actions.

Not really sure if this would even be possible to set up automatically, or if this would be impossible due to the workload it would have for the staff., but worth exploring IMHO.

weedy wine    4

Bloody hell, I don't I could take 3 days off, especially for accidental deaths and shit. The other day someone accidentally hit me with their car, it would suck not being able to log back in for three days because of that. And what about KoS cases? Or freshspawns not finding food on time?

But I do see what it would add, more value for life, ect. Perhaps a smaller ban? Half and hour to a few hours? 24 hours - 3 days all seem way too harsh.

Centurion    5

Dude come on this is just a game that people have fun playing, not real life.

^This, there was once a discussion on something similar and the max time people would do this is 30min to an hour. I am strongly against this

Autumn    121

That's kinda a bit... excessive. I understand NVFL is a hot topic at the moment but... It is in fact just a game. Sure it would add to the 'realism' factor but... punishing people for death just seems... a bit far imo.

SatansNightOut    105

Hell to the no.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

^

Also, this would be such a hassle without scripts.

MatthewFC    9

If you guys took the time to read, there's already a planned feature (may be discarded or not, who knows?) that plans to do something along these lines.

Hardcore Mode: Initially we'll only support this on Private Shards, while we see how the mechanics impact gameplay - However the intent is to offer server operators the choice to restrict how long since a players last death they can respawn. Eg: A hardcore server could conceptually restrict players from respawning until 12 hours after their last death. We'll gauge how much impact this has on the design, and decide if it stays restricted to private shards, or we open this up to all public (consumer rented) hive servers.

Yoy can check it here on the official 5th of January Status Report: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/218735-status-report-week-of-05-jan-15/

Of course a feature like this would have to be fine-tuned to the necessities of our server, but it could theorethically be implemented in a way that complements the NLR. But it's just best to wait until we get there...

Nilin    10

I wouldn't like that idea much at all... I play to have fun and do things as a group so to be punished for that if I died.. no!

I already had started a discussion about the fact that there's no real consequences to dying in this thread a while ago. I had suggested among other things a way to make the NLR timer obsolete by giving dying players a 90 minutes temporary ban, but that idea was shut down rather quickly. I too believe that it's a real shame that too many player don't care about their characters all that much because they metagame their respawn. Sadly the only way this would work out would require too much monitoring from the staff and also a clear majority of the player base is against such control. You just can't force people to care.

DanielsTV    6

10/10 would kill myself over again...

But seriously.. there is no need for these restrictions. You can regulate yourself.. you can even heavy RP it and perma-death your character when he dies (legitimately). But us Americans love freedom.

Rose232    2

It would cause an uproar. The server would falter in popularity, and most likely DayZRP would lose members quite frequently. Banning due to a death wouldn't show a friendly community.

Ghost of Levi    8

Its already not really liked and its an pain to set up and when they finaly have itl probibly prove verry ineffective and freaking painfull to maintain, besides that itl probibly be a reason for new players not to play

ZoCr    0

I think I speak for everyone when I say nope.

Basoon    15

I figured this would be the response. Totally fine if you all disagree with me. As for people asking about kos cases and glitches, I addressed that in the OP.

Like I said, I would have bet a lot that nobody else would like this, just thought, you know, what the Hell, would add more realism, after all that is what RP strives for.

Frozen    45

tumblr_m76wwmX1is1r9w3pqo1_500.gif

My feeling towards this :l I respect the Idea but I just want to sometimes log in at any time and have fun.. and not be stopped by a death.

As much as I want people to value life, the game is too buggy for this to be anything more than an exercise in frustration. I doubt even permadeath people want the server to kick them. I can't remember what I played, but death was a very long time out and after the third time I just stopped playing.

Guest Damon   
Guest Damon

I would have to go with a no, man.

The reason being is for the examples given above. The glitches, the accidental deaths, the KoS, the "can't find food," all those reasons. Plus it would really put a damper on people's day. When you die, what you are essentially doing is isolating people, and people die all the time on DayZ so expect a loss in people on the server, less population, less players, people don't play, ultimately a big loss in playerbase.

I would give this suggestion a No, reasons are all mentioned above in this thread.