Server time: 2017-08-16, 19:38

Sign in to follow this  
BaconFromHell

Do you change your voice when you make a new character?

So basically my characters have been dropping like flies due to extremely unlucky situations which would be extreme bad RP to continue on like nothing happened. However this has gotten to the point where people are recognizing my voice when I roll other characters. Do you guys change your voice to prevent this?

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Every character I do is from a different place of origin. So, not particularly.

Only problem I have is my Russian and Japanese accent are similar.

Buddy    824

i probably would if i were you. it can only help your immersion more!

Joffrey    711

Depends I guess, do you like swapping voices? If you like it, do it! Just ahh.. don't do a voice that ruins your throat. Bad times.

Heaser    1

I don't think I can change my voice...

But I do change the intonation in which I speak based on the character I play.

weedy wine    4

Yeah the best I can do is add on an accent, I'm terrible at altering my voice and feel like it would only make it worse for other people. Maybe switch up verbal mannerisms?

Dishes    159

I naturally kinda get different mannerisms when I'm playing Cass, but I don't change my actual voice any really

PandoraX3M    0

It might be a bit harder for guys to do so but I do change voices and accents, for example my current would be an american accent with a Harley Quinn kind of voice... xD

Im pretty good at accents so yeah.

Murdercool    32

I've never played a character in which I have used my normal accent/voice.

My ranger character Coyote has a similar accent to myself, while Yosyp and Viktor had northern chernarussian accents, and Yareah has a mixed accent.

I've been asked before if I've considered making a british character. I think the servers would kill themselves if I tried.

I love manipulating my voice. Changes the character completely, makes him unique..

I suck at accents. My Chernarussian one, as anyone from mod can tell you, was rather bad. So, no, I don't change my voice now.

I'm not good at faking accents or anything of that sort, so my voice largely stays the same. I do mix up how I talk, though, my mannerisms.

All of my characters have a different voice and accent than my own. I never use my real voice when talking in character, makes people wonder when I talk to them in TS, it's funny.

In the future, yeah. My next character is either going to be a washed-up Broadway theatre director or a Hunter S. Thompson type, so it'll be sort of necessary.

kyoto    4

I usually do because I find my normal voice quite boring

I've had to do Somalian, Russian, Irish, Japanese, etc. It's fun to play around with actually.

m1000ad    0

So basically my characters have been dropping like flies due to extremely unlucky situations which would be extreme bad RP to continue on like nothing happened. However this has gotten to the point where people are recognizing my voice when I roll other characters. Do you guys change your voice to prevent this?

I'm not good at accents so not really. No one has noticed so far but I don't think I've met enough people for them to start recognising my voice!

Red    137

I do try to. But when I play an american, I usually sound the same.

I played a chernarussian for a while. He sounds totally different.

It's fun to switch it up with voices. My chernarussian character always managed to make me laugh Oocly.

Lue    25

Depends I guess, do you like swapping voices? If you like it, do it! Just ahh.. don't do a voice that ruins your throat. Bad times.

It aint so bad when the bleeding stops, friend.

Bjon    15

I honestly will never use my normal voice to RP any character in any RP situation. To me role-play is about being a completely new person, and with that comes a new voice. I may not be the best at some, but I won't let that stop me from trying!

It saddens me a little bit when someone says they're too shy to do a different voice. We're all role-playing here and we won't judge someone for trying, so ham it up! :D