Server time: 2017-08-22, 05:36

Sign in to follow this  
djrosaparks

Bases and KOS rights

Question

djrosaparks    3

When persistence is brought back and people start placing down tents and making bases, should you have KOS roghts on someone if you see them sneaking in your tents?

13 answers to this question

Prince    96

When persistence is brought back and people start placing down tents and making bases, should you have KOS roghts on someone if you see them sneaking in your tents?

Well if they are in the act of stealing in the mod it was a kosable offense. I would just hold them up and rp instead of shoot them off the bat.

Mellstrom    21

no, plain no.

Ami.Knight    9

Hmm. That's a toughie. You have kos rights if someone steals your vehicle. I imagine it would be the same. If you are looting a tent that isn't yours then you are robbing someone and just gambling that they are not home.

djrosaparks    3

/Moved to Questions

No, you will have to initiate on them.

/Marked as Solved

Now if we do initiate on them, it doesn't seem to me like they should be let go, from an RP perspective you can't just let someone go who knows the location of your base and could just come back later when I'm gone. It seems like they only realistic option is execution.

/Moved to Questions

/Marked as Solved

Now if we do initiate on them, it doesn't seem to me like they should be let go, from an RP perspective you can't just let someone go who knows the location of your base and could just come back later when I'm gone. It seems like they only realistic option is execution.

Well for one I don't think one "theft" warrants an execution. Executions themselves end all RP as that person will not remember the situation that lead to his death and if executions are done there should be multiple past hostilites between the two parties. The roleplay leading up to the execution should also be top notch and enjoyable to both parties. But as said, they sorta ruin rp I guess, I would just initiate on the person, maybe beat the breaks off his ass and send him packing, letting him know that the next time I won't be so nice....

Mush    2

/Moved to Questions

/Marked as Solved

Sounds more like a suggestion to me?

OP: No. Initiate on them - it's not hard and opens room up for roleplay in the scenario.

djrosaparks    3

/Moved to Questions

/Marked as Solved

Well for one I don't think one "theft" warrants an execution. Executions themselves end all RP as that person will not remember the situation that lead to his death and if executions are done there should be multiple past hostilites between the two parties. The roleplay leading up to the execution should also be top notch and enjoyable to both parties. But as said, they sorta ruin rp I guess, I would just initiate on the person, maybe beat the breaks off his ass and send him packing, letting him know that the next time I won't be so nice....

Well realistically if someone broke into your house, what would ypu do? You would defend your home, you wouldn't just tell the robber to leave and don't come back. From a roleplay perspective and an ooc perspective, it doesn't seem smart to just let someone go with a warning. He could tell his friends about the base and they could come in and steal everything ypu wprked for when you're gone. I do think it would be better to initiate instead of just KOS as it could lead to some cool RP from initiating, but letting them go just doesn't seem like a viable option.

Personally, I do think now you should have to initiate first, but the choice to kill the robber to minimize rosks or to let hom go should be up to you.

Conor    243

Or you could initiate on them, capture them and RP with them...

Or you could initiate on them, capture them and RP with them...

^^This right here...always prioritize roleplay over ruleplay

If you meet with them before and say that it is your tent and they still steal from it, then it grants you KoS(like back in mod I believe). But if they don't know it's yours, then you have to initiate.

djrosaparks    3

Ok, ya I totally agree with initiating instead of KOS, much better for RP :). But, what am I supposed to do with the captive afterwords, I couldn't realistically just let him go, he could bring his friends back later and steal everything.

grumpyk    0

RP out the catching, punishing, and warning of the thief. If the thief returns (alone or with friends) I think this would count as a hostile act against you. Most likely, if they returned, you could probably RP out a scenario ending in their execution. It's not exactly KOS. They initiated a hostile interaction (that realistically they knew carried a huge risk) against you the first time, you warned them, and they returned. That seems like a hostile act to me and defense of self and property would probably come into play but I am new here, so very much grain of salt.