Server time: 2017-10-20, 14:18
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Voedric

A Path Paved in Red

Voedric    28

de95cd2aa412fec6fbf5d6fb15b50d32.png

[mp3]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/107401760/Woodkid%20-%20Baltimore's%20Fireflies.mp3[/mp3]

He awoke with his wife still in his arms sleeping peacefully, this place was a safe haven, a community of like minded survivors who banded together in the end of days to restore what little order remained.

Ivan carefully got out of bed hoping not to awake her from her peaceful slumber. "I'll let her sleep in, sleep is a hard thing to come by nowadays" he though to himself. He stepped out of the small house that was assigned to him and his family. "Petyr! Artyom!" he shouted as he walked down the road towards the small pond that his two boys usually would be at. "Ah, there you two are" he said patting them on the head "The Mayor allowed me and a few of the other men to go hunting, I'd like to take you two with me to teach you how to properly fire a rifle." they two boys looked at his father in admiration and trembled with joy "Just don't tell your mother, da?" he said with a big grin "Yes Papa" they said with a smile as if they were opening presents on Christmas morning.

They went down to the armory to obtain their rifles, Ivan picked out some simple .22 rifles as his boys were too young to handle much else. He taught them how to reload and safely hold the rifle, then they went off to meet the rest of the hunting party. It consisted of Ivan and three other of the men plus Ivan's two kids. Pavlov one of the men looked at Ivan in confusion "Are you sure you want to bring those two with us?" he said. "Don't worry Pavlov they won't leave my sight, they need to learn how to fend for themselves just in case something happens to me or their mother" Ivan said reassuringly "If you says so" Pavlov shrugged and said. The party quickly went over all their rifles and made sure they were all loaded and safely clean then they headed out.

Joffrey    893

Daww, It's like a sweet small family story. *Real life tearz* The music was a nice touch too.

Voedric    28

Daww, It's like a sweet small family story. *Real life tearz* The music was a nice touch too.

Thanks man!

The story won't be so sweet in some upcoming entries tho.

Guest TheKingSinbad   
Guest TheKingSinbad

Music was a very nice touch to this amazing story :D

Voedric    28

047cdb340513bf771a373b287abd732f.png

A Stag stood in front of them quietly eating away on the green grass below. Ivan aimed his rifle at the deer and just as he was about to fire a shot rang out in the distance startling the stagg. Quickly Ivan stood up and fired hoping to hit it as it ran off "Do prdele!" he yelled as the stag ran off, his children giggle in the backround "You owe mamma a bullet in the swear jar" they both said in unison "Ahhh...that I do" he said chuckling and scratching his head in embarrassment.

[mp3]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/107401760/Woodkid%20-%20The%20Other%20Side%20(Official%20Audio).mp3[/mp3]

More shots rang out in the distance "That's coming from the town" Ivan thought "Come boys, we need to head back" as they starting hurrying back a figure appeared in front of Ivan knocking him down to the ground "Sorry přítel" the man said as two others appeared from the bushes and grabbed the two children. "This is the beginning of something new, and the Mayor deemed you and your family unworthy" he said with a sinister chuckle. With a grunt Ivan said "Pavlov....you bastard what have you done" "It is not what I've done, but what the mayor wills" he replied "Sorry" he said as he aimed his revolver at Ivan. Being a soldier his quick instincts kicked in and before Pavlov could pull the trigger he managed to knock him to the ground and sink his knife into his neck a fountain of crimson sprayed onto Ivan as he pulled the knife from the now lifeless body of the man he once called friend.

"You shouldn't have done that"

Ivan picked up the revolver and quickly aimed it at the man who spoke.

"Drop your gun Ivan, or I'll put a bullet in her head" he said pushing Ivan's wife to the ground. Without hesitation Ivan dropped the pistol "There I did what you said...now let her go" "Funny how you think you call the shots when my men have rifles pointed at you and your children" said the man "Sorry that's not how it works around here anymore" he said pointing his pistol at Ivan's wife and pulling the trigger sending a single 9mm bullet through her skull "YOU SON OF A BITCH" Ivan said as two men restrained him.

Ivan was taken to a small shed out in the woods where they planned to do god knows what to him. "The rest of you go back to town and make sure the plans are going as proceeded, me and Vikter can take care of him" said the mayor, the two men saluted and left. "So Ivan why do you thi-" the man was cut off when he was put into a choke hold by the other man known as Vitker, Ivan taking the pistol from the majors holster and aimed it to his head without a single flinch he pulled the trigger. With a lifeless stare he aimed the pistol at his savior and pulled the trigger as well, knowing his children had met the same fate as his beloved wife Ivan ran in which direction he did not know; all he knew was that what was left of the man he once was had been replaced by a monster hell bent on revenge

83dd20af019c0e0f92b461f8bfda7db8.png

Voedric    28

574a8465763d4729af16ac6479b28645.png

[mp3]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/107401760/WOODKID%20-%20Iron%20(Quintet%20Version).mp3[/mp3]

Thrust back into the cold world Ivan sought so desperately to escape all he did was wander aimlessly. The community he was in before was based around Novigrad, the capitol of Chernarus. He wandered for days until he reached the region of Chernarus, South Zagoria. "Too many bad memories here" Ivan thought as he walked a long the coast, South Zagoria is where most of the civil war had taken place Ivan had fought countless battles here a long side his brothers in the CDF. Only the dead walked with him as he desperately sought shelter, he arrived at a small cabin at the cap of Glovo. "This place seems fine". The warming light of the fire did nothing to raise Ivan's spirits all he could see was the body of his beloved Alina as she fell to the ground, Ivan had cried enough tears to fill a river he felt as if he could cry no more. He clutched his pistol and aimed it to the roof of his mouth, Ivan the once mighty CDF soldier who had seen countless deaths of his friends and family had finally been beaten by the loss of the three he held so dear.

He broke down into tears of endless sorrow "I can't....She'd want me to live" he sighed "She'd want me to find them, the chance of them still being alive is small..but it's a chance I'm willing to take"

Ivan had gained a little slim of the hope he had lost, Ivan knew he could not do this on his own.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Such good reads 10/10. :thumbsup:

Guest Aria   
Guest Aria

I really enjoyed it, but there has been a few spelling mistakes but i understand it pretty well but i could image allot of this going down but the funny thing. It is almost like my story. I might write a story what was planning on making as a youtube video, later.

But other then that.

On topic: I'll give it 10/10 cause i was mostly thinking of the story aka: pictures going through my head like a movie. And i enjoyed it and could think of the male voices and the sad parts deepen in my soul as a disaster spoke.

Voedric    28

I really enjoyed it, but there has been a few spelling mistakes but i understand it pretty well but i could image allot of this going down but the funny thing. It is almost like my story. I might write a story what was planning on making as a youtube video, later.

But other then that.

On topic: I'll give it 10/10 cause i was mostly thinking of the story aka: pictures going through my head like a movie. And i enjoyed it and could think of the male voices and the sad parts deepen in my soul as a disaster spoke.

Thanks man!

sgtskittle    0

i like whenn people make vids from games like this i wished more came out lol better than movies

mowgli    0

I really thought he was going to pull the trigger for a moment. Im glad he didn't

DJREX    0

Looks good man you should keep writing these man!

Moose    7

So sad :( I'm glad you're writing these though. The pictures are great too. I'll keep an out for the next one for sure.

Voedric    28

523081221440627.jpg

[mp3]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/107401760/Woodkid%20-%20Wasteland.mp3[/mp3]

Ivan awoke to the calming sound of the waves crashing into the shore. He sluggishly packed up his belongings and headed down the coast towards Elektrozavodsk hoping to find even the slightest sign of humanity. Ivan was physically and emotionally exhausted but he pushed forward anyway, Ivan had always had a strong will to go on as was shown during his time in the Chernarus Defense Force. The Regiment he had lead always lived by a specific way of life taken from a poem that all of them carried with them into battle, Ivan still carrying his hoped it would help him in the battles he will almost certainly run into.

82ec6868aff882532f4022e0b41eada7.png

"It's weird being in these big cities, so many people..but now the dead have taken their place" Ivan thought. He silently moved through building to building picking up much needed supplies. He stuffed his backpack and his face with any canned food he could find he eyed a can labeled 'Tactical Bacon' he chuckled and thought "How can bacon be tactical?" he sunk his knife into the can and carved out the top as he was about to take his first gulp of the mush that looked like bacon he heard a low growl coming from behind him, he quickly turned around and aimed his rifle at the noise the low growl quickly turned into a menacing scream which activated a domino effect of other screams from the same area. He fired of a single shot and ran only to look behind him and see a mass of shambling figures behind him, their low growls sent a chill down his spine as he ran north towards a factory on the hill hoping to get to higher ground to evade this newfound threat. Ivan out of breath approached the factory and frantically scoped his surroundings for a ladder "Chyort voz'mi!" he yelled as he was grabbed from behind by one of the undead that followed him.

zombie1.jpg

He pushed the corpse off of him and sprinted towards the back of the building hoping to find a ladder, he was in luck there was a maintence ladder but the padlock was still intact without hesitation he pointed his rifle and fired breaking the padlock causing the ladder to fall down. He quickly climbed up only to be trapped.

"b`lyad'!" he yelled as he fell to the ground in frustration "What am I going to do" he thought "Da, my radio hopefully someone will be listening" he thought as he pulled his old worn radio from his backpack "Dobry den, is anyone here listening I am in great need of help. I'm stuck on a roof at the factory just north of Elektro" he said softly into the radio and awaited a reply.

"A stray kitten in need of some help?" a female voice said from the other side of the radio

Ivan frantically picked up his radio and replied

"Da, Da. I'm surrounded by these undead fucks"

the voice from the other side chuckled

"We'll be there soon kitten"

It had been hours, Ivan had given up hope that his saviors would ever come.

The cracks of bullets and the sounds of falling bodies echoed in the alleys below him, startled Ivan picked up his rifle and darted up and stared down.

"You the stray cat we came to help?" a women in a pick raincoat shouted

"Well come on down we won't bite, much" she giggled

"děkuji přítel" Ivan said to her as they shook hands.

"Shall we take him to the pub, luke" she said looking at the man next to her

"Yea why not, he seems nice enough"

Ivan was uplifted as a friendly hand saved him from death itself.

4855d03a978e031754027b3c57d8f567.png

Jm Von Cat    154

Well now, i met you too on that day >.> Or is the little journey we took up north going to be the next bit? :P

Anyway ^.^ all the entries so far have been interesting, at first i was just slightly lost but the more i read the more i understood. Personally i like that, i like it a lot...

Write more...

Please.

Voedric    28

Well now, i met you too on that day >.> Or is the little journey we took up north going to be the next bit? :P

Anyway ^.^ all the entries so far have been interesting, at first i was just slightly lost but the more i read the more i understood. Personally i like that, i like it a lot...

Write more...

Please.

Yep the journey up north will be in the next bit, this is all leading into current events going on with my character.

SatansNightOut    105

I loved the descriptions you used in this. Very good imagery. :P

Made for a rather interesting "first time" meeting in Standalone, huh? :D

Write moar so I can read moar.

Sign in to follow this