Server time: 2017-08-17, 19:34

Sign in to follow this  
Buntyhunter

Whitelist Feedback

Question

Buntyhunter    0

I submitted an app. about a week ago and it wasn't accepted.

the app. wasn't detailed enough and i understand that, so i wrote a new one.

Could anyone give me some suggestions or changes? Thanks :)

NLR stands for New Life Rule. This means when you die, you forget everything about the scenario that led to your death. You don't remember what has happened to you, where it happened and who did it. The only things that you remember are your group, friends, enemies and other people that you've met before your death. So if you died in Cherno you're not allowed to return or be in a 1km radius of where you died for 90 minutes. After the 90 minutes are over, your allowed to go back to the area where you died in the past, but you're not allowed to disturb your body or the body of those involved in the situation leading to your death. It's not possible to short the 90 minutes waiting time (NLR Timer) in any way not even when the server restarts, that means the NLR Timer stays the same as it was before the restart. Taking revenge on a group or player for an hostile act or anything that happened leading up to your death is prohibited also. Your not allowed to announce who killed you to a friend or any other player, because you lost all of your memories surrounding the event that led to your death. You can't tell your friends Ex: “XY killed me” because you don't remember what happened when and before you died.

KoS stands for Killing on Sight, which is not allowed in DayzRP. Killing another player must be justified by role-playing, before performing a hostile action you must initiate contact with your “victim” first of all. You must make you intentions clear if they are hostile, the other player/players have to know they are in a hostile situation. If they are non-cooperative you are allowed to harm them. Ex: You rob another player or take him as a hostage and tell him to stay down on the ground, but he refuses to do what you told him. This would allow you to hurt the other player, but always keep in mind if you control the freedom of another player you must keep your victim healthy and alive if they are compliant. You have to protect him from zombies etc. , bandage him if he's injured and feed him. You have to leave the victim with a realistic chance of survive, unless execution of the victim is justified by role play. You can take revenge for a hostile action for two hours after this action occurred. Although you have to make sure it does not break any previous rules. Sharing your right for revenge (KoS rights) is possible in two cases. One, if were within 500 meters of the action. Two, you were involved with the player the action was taken against. Always confirm your target if your not sure about a players identity don't shoot it's better then risking a KoS. If you try to catch the attention of a player in a vehicle use voice and text chat to avoid misunderstandings. Last but not least, your not allowed bait other players into situations where you can take revenge for previous hostile actions.

My name is Danny Brown, I'm 32 years old and I grew up in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. The only thing I know about my father is his name, Steven Mitchell Brown. He abandoned the family when i was still an infant and rebuffed all of my attempts to contact him during my childhood. As a result, i was raised by my mother, Joy Brown. Growing up, I didn't had many friends but it didn't bother me to much, I was often outside enjoying the silence and listening to the birds singing. when i turned 22 my life changed for the better. I started a career as a police officer, made new friends, got my own flat and a car, but the good times didn't last too long. At the age of 26 I started drinking too much, I was out almost every night and I didn't really care for the people around me anymore. Noways I can't remember much about this part in my life sometimes i can't even imagine that i was a cop back in the day. When I was 31 I decided to begin a new life, I woke up, packed some stuff and went straight to the airport. I randomly bought a cheap airline ticket. I just wanted to escape. The flight was to Chernarus. To this day I still cant speak a single word russian, I don't know what I was thinking but all that doesn't matter now. I arrived in Chernarus at 9 PM, near the Airport was a town called Cherno. I decided to stay there in a Hotel for the night, it was kinda hard to book a room without the ability to speak russian, but the woman at the Hotel reception was nice and it worked out. That woman... she was the last living Person I've seen.

7 answers to this question

Gingervitus    0

I do my best to help, but we can not tell you directly how to write things, as it is your responsibility to understand the rules, thoroughly.

That being said, a very large issue with your KoS Rights section. I highly suggest you carefully go through what allows people to have KoS Rights. http://www.dayzrp.com/rules-sa#rule2

Edit: I want to make it clear, I can almost guarantee without your KoS being fixed, you will not pass the process. You are so close, but so far.

Wild D0g    8

I find beefing up your answers with examples helps. That's the advice I was given by the community helper Teas.

More examples, make sure you have at least 2 examples per question. It will make it easier to explain the rules and improve your chances of being accepted.

Examples are necesary because it shows that you have understood the rules and know how to interpret them.

Further more, your application is lacking on some parts, reread the rules again. If you want examples on how the rules work, look around in the report and the solved reports section of the forums.

There you will find tons of examples you can use in your application.

dangerdoogs    0

Everything looks pretty good just for your characters back story I would try change some of the words like apartment instead of flat seeing as someone from Alabama wouldn't really use that and flat being more of a European term. Just try to make the southerness really pop.

Buntyhunter    0

thanks guys, i will improve my app.

edit: I improved the KoS Rule. (x)

KoS stands for Killing on Sight, which is not allowed in DayzRP. Killing another player must be justified by role-playing, before performing a hostile action you must initiate contact with your target first of all. You must make you intentions clear if they are hostile, the other player/players have to know they are in a hostile situation. If they are non-cooperative you are allowed to harm them. Ex: You rob another player or take him as a hostage and tell him to stay down on the ground, but he refuses to do what you told him. This would allow you to hurt the other player, but always keep in mind if you control the freedom of another player you must keep your victim healthy and alive if they are compliant. You have to protect him from zombies etc. , bandage him if he's injured and feed him. You have to leave the victim with a realistic chance of survive, unless execution of the victim is justified by role play. You can take revenge for a hostile action for two hours after this action occurred. Although you have to make sure it does not break any previous rules. Sharing KoS rights is possible in two cases.

One, if your Group were within 500 meters of the action.

Ex: Your group is looting the airfield, and you get attacked by a stranger, then every member of your group who was within a radius of 500 metres has KoS rights on the attacker.

Two, you were recently involved with the player the action was taken against.

Ex: Your part of a big group and you initiate by yourself while the rest of your group is outside of initiation range and the person who you are holding up resists and shoots you, your group won’t get a KoS right on that person, because it was only you who started the hold-up. So if someone would attack you, only Group-Members in the initiation range (20-40 m) gain KoS rights.

Always confirm your target if your not sure about a players identity don't shoot, It's better then risking a KoS. If you try to catch the attention of a player in a vehicle use voice and text chat to avoid misunderstandings. Last but not least, your not allowed bait other players into situations where you can take revenge for previous hostile actions.