Server time: 2017-08-16, 19:26

Sign in to follow this  
sgt khan

road blocks

Question

9 answers to this question

Maybe if the guy driving understands the reason of an oven in the middle of the road. IMO I don't really see a problem but there might be people who consider it abuse of game mechanics to stop their V3S.

sgt khan    17

Maybe if the guy driving understands the reason of an oven in the middle of the road. IMO I don't really see a problem but there might be people who consider it abuse of game mechanics to stop their V3S.

for settlements not for robbing. because if it is robing of course it is abuse of game mechanics and would not make sense.

Ghost of Levi    8

Youd have to rebuild them at nearly every restart untill persistence is a thing, I dont know what the official rules on this are but I would say no,

mainly becouse people could get confused with trolling ( lel radom oven) and others that want to use it for example as an use of robbery would be like, well hes doing it too!

sgt khan    17

Youd have to rebuild them at nearly every restart untill persistence is a thing, I dont know what the official rules on this are but I would say no,

mainly becouse people could get confused with trolling ( lel radom oven) and others that want to use it for example as an use of robbery would be like, well hes doing it too!

bunch lined up like a wall not just one. I think they should put rules for them untill real walls are added

for settlements not for robbing. because if it is robing of course it is abuse of game mechanics and would not make sense.

Well then it would be cool to have roadblocks like that.But it would be way awesome when persistence is back.

Glenn    10

In my opinion i think you still can not make any legit road blocks.

Stone ovens are nice to use as a sort of sandbag wall but there is also the problem now that a V3S is going as fast on road as off road.

In the Mod cars would go off road and they would go really slow.

Now they can just go off road with no problem.

In the Mod cars would go off road and they would go really slow.

Now they can just go off road with no problem.

In the Dayzrp Epoch mod we had cars going 100+ offroad, however roadblocks continued to be affective because of convoy routes/following a actual direction/avoiding ennoying hills or trees.

OT:

Furnaces would make a valid looking roadblock since from what I've seen they just look like a pile of rocks stacked up on each other. However, as it is right now I'd just completely avoid the idea of roadblocks until we have some actual rules set in stone on this whole thing.

As it is, trucks are still very -very- buggy (refer to the thread where someone was flying in the air after the got out of the thing earlier), the engines are -extremely- loud so voip would be a little useless (we had a rule to use text initiations on cars in the mod, so I can imagine it'd apply here).

Tamaster92    14

I will say that for now - nothing counts as a "roadblock"

It isn't a defined rule or mechanic so the usual vehicle initiation rules apply.

Use both voice and text, be clear, and give ten seconds.

/solved