Server time: 2017-10-16, 22:10
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
wowi132

New player KoS question

Question

wowi132    0

Hello

I am new here ( got accepted an hour ago ), and became a little curious, and am wondering if anyone can help me.

If someone comes up to me, and tries to rob me, am i then allowed to open fire right away, or do i still have to make proper contact?

Thanks in advance :)

5 answers to this question

raaal    0

The person who is trying to rob you has initiated a hostile action against you. This gives you KoS right. So, yes... you can shoot him right away. However, just because you can, doesn't always mean that's the best solution :) Role play over rule play! To me it would depend on how big my chances are to survive a gunfight, and my overall impression of the person who's trying to rob me.

Vector    0

If the person has initiated on you (eg drop your weapons you have 10 seconds or you will be shot) and stated hostile intent then you are able to defend yourself. However you could try to reason with him and convince him not to rob you.

Franz    0

Well, if that person comes up to you and says something like:"Put your weapons on the ground!" or "Drop all your shit on the ground!" (something clearly hostile obviously) then you are allowed to shoot them.

To benefit the RP or get some tense RP you could try and talk to the robber and maybe convince him to not rob you for instance, but that could get you killed quite quickly because some people are on edge when they initiate a robbery and then get trigger happy if their victim doesn't follow their demands immediately.