Server time: 2017-10-19, 03:49
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Jetwells

Looting

Question

Jetwells    0

If i am looting something then stop looting to RP with someone and they come over mid rp and steal the item i left to rp, what is this classed as? To then run away and avoid any RP at all?

Edit: And he has now logged off due to me chasing him.

15 answers to this question

Vector    0

that is simply avoiding RP if they run away and completely ignore all attempts to RP,

Jetwells    0

But what about the fact they use the opportunity for me to stopping looting to grab said items? I know its not about gear, but to get someone to interact to then take the items and run. He said he was going so i said goodbye and that i was just changing a knife, and he runs to the spot i was at at takes said knife.

Vector    0

there is no rule to say he cannot loot the items you are planning to loot. that is simply a risk you take while you Rp.

I know it's not the reply you were looking for but I hope it clears things up for you

Red    243

But what about the fact they use the opportunity for me to stopping looting to grab said items? I know its not about gear, but to get someone to interact to then take the items and run. He said he was going so i said goodbye and that i was just changing a knife, and he runs to the spot i was at at takes said knife.

Well that is something different, if they were together and they tricked you.. then well, you got tricked.

One guy can indeed try to take your attention away from loot whilst the other comes in and sweeps it away. It's a sneaky tactic, but it is allowed. However, if your tried to make contact with the other figure that took the items away and he/she did not respond in any way, then my previous post still applies.

They could have acted like they were caught in the act by saying "Oh crap" or something similar to that. Flat out ignoring someone is a no-no

Jetwells    0

The current example is as follows.

I find a truck near GM so decide to go for a ride to the tens at NW airfield, And a heli is there. Someone is looting said heli as i approach and i turn the engine off and begin to ask, are there any survivors. Aka, Pilots. His response is nothing, he runs around still looting the crash, i once again ask then he says i cant hear you. I jump out the truck, walk towards him as he still circles the heli. I then ask again, any survivors, he goes no and continues to loot. So i join him looking at some things, Any evidence ect. I then was going to pick up a knife i needed, and with this he says hes heading off. I then proceed to stop and start the RP and mid sentence he runs past me to the spot i was looting and takes the knife. Its not so much the gear im bothered about, but from his attire and weapons ect, fits in to the typical loot whore, Fully geared mp5, ghillie, fully geared ak ect. And minimal interaction or RP from his side. To then run away when i am IC getting angry over the fact he proceeds to run away and log off 5 minutes later as i chase after him in the truck.

there is no rule to say he cannot loot the items you are planning to loot. that is simply a risk you take while you Rp.

I know it's not the reply you were looking for but I hope it clears things up for you

Ill remember this for next time, Ill loot over RP then.

Well that is something different, if they were together and they tricked you.. then well, you got tricked.

One guy can indeed try to take your attention away from loot whilst the other comes in and sweeps it away. It's a sneaky tactic, but it is allowed. However, if your tried to make contact with the other figure that took the items away and he/she did not respond in any way, then my previous post still applies.

They could have acted like they were caught in the act by saying "Oh crap" or something similar to that. Flat out ignoring someone is a no-no

No, he was by himself.

And, I have just found him on another server now. So he has either combat logged/Loot cycled?

Its not about the gear, I think you need to calm down and remove the attitude.

If someone is loot cycling or avoiding RP, make a report

Jetwells    0

Like stated in previous posts, I know its not about gear. But my interpretation of Vector's response is that i should loot before i RP to stop this happening. What if its a much needed item for my character? What if its something to do with part of the RP story?

There is no attitude, I am merely discussing and briefing my interpretation of a response. Hence the reason i posted this thread to understand better on the situation before posting said reports. I asked the questions, I got my answers. /Close

Red    243

The current example is as follows.

I find a truck near GM so decide to go for a ride to the tens at NW airfield, And a heli is there. Someone is looting said heli as i approach and i turn the engine off and begin to ask, are there any survivors. Aka, Pilots. His response is nothing, he runs around still looting the crash, i once again ask then he says i cant hear you. I jump out the truck, walk towards him as he still circles the heli. I then ask again, any survivors, he goes no and continues to loot. So i join him looking at some things, Any evidence ect. I then was going to pick up a knife i needed, and with this he says hes heading off. I then proceed to stop and start the RP and mid sentence he runs past me to the spot i was looting and takes the knife. Its not so much the gear im bothered about, but from his attire and weapons ect, fits in to the typical loot whore, Fully geared mp5, ghillie, fully geared ak ect. And minimal interaction or RP from his side. To then run away when i am IC getting angry over the fact he proceeds to run away and log off 5 minutes later as i chase after him in the truck.

Ill remember this for next time, Ill loot over RP then.

And, I have just found him on another server now. So he has either combat logged/Loot cycled?

- First things first, we are here to help you. I understand your frustration but please refrain from making comments like: "Ill remember this for next time, Ill loot over RP then.". The person in this question did indeed give you minimal RP. I personally would have rather seen the other guy give you a little more dialogue but in all essence, just as in real life. Some people can choose to not want to talk to you. Within the rules that this community has, the accused here has given the minimal amount of interaction before taking what he needed and leave. I can understand that by your description it feels as if he just solely came there to take gear.

There are two things that you can do in a situation like this. Accept the fact that the accused in this situation does not want to go into a lengthy discussion with you and let him leave with the items that you probably also wanted, or deny the action and follow him to question him/ rob him.

- Furthermore whats curious is that you say that you have spotted him on another server. How do you know this? Have you switched servers as well?

Vector    0

Like stated in previous posts, I know its not about gear. But my interpretation of Vector's response is that i should loot before i RP to stop this happening. What if its a much needed item for my character? What if its something to do with part of the RP story?

There is no attitude, I am merely discussing and briefing my interpretation of a response. Hence the reason i posted this thread to understand better on the situation before posting said reports. I asked the questions, I got my answers. /Close

I feel you may need to read my post again as I in no way state you should loot first and Rp later, I simply state that there is nothing stopping him from looting in the same area (crash site) as you. if they items were much needed for you character or story then keep looking for them.

Jetwells    0

Like said, I apologise if it comes across as being rude or some other form, But i am not attaining to be. I am merely asking questions and getting responses. I am planning on posting a thread up now.

There are two things that you can do in a situation like this. Accept the fact that the accused in this situation does not want to go into a lengthy discussion with you and let him leave with the items that you probably also wanted, or deny the action and follow him to question him/ rob him.

- Furthermore whats curious is that you say that you have spotted him on another server. How do you know this? Have you switched servers as well?

I keep track of these type of situations via Game Tracker. In an attempt to hunt him down, i could not find him and checked the player list.

Red    243

I keep track of these type of situations via Game Tracker. In an attempt to hunt him down, i could not find him and checked the player list.

Do you know the person's name?

That way we can check logs to see if he has done so multiple times.

Vector    0

-snip-

Jetwells do you have any other question regarding this incident ?