Server time: 2017-10-23, 02:30
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
King Box

Your thoughts on the group idea?

King Box    0

I have been thinking of a group i have been wanting to make for a while, all i need to do is wait one more month so exceed 3 months, flesh it out a bit more and try to get things to make the thread look professional.

Now the group is an escape group, and to my knowledge either the devs or the modding community expanded the map to islands unless i am completely wrong, if so then i will probably thinking of something similar but not particularly a escape group, so i was wondering... will this be added so the "escape" part of the group can be somewhat achieved or was this not even a thing in the mod?

King Box    0

Basically say sooner or later a island far of the coast was added in. Utes for example, just say if that were added, the idea would be to escape south zagoria, escape to the island (in this case Utes) and create a colony there.

so as you can see if the island Utes was even added it wouldn't be till much farther into development, and may not even be added at all, unless of course it was modded or something.

the question i was really wondering was is the possibility of this being added in the far future high or low? this way i can decide whether or not i should create the thread at all.

Mamba    0

Just because a place is not accessible in Dayz standalone does not mean those places do not exist. You can base an idea off of a location as long as the reason you showed up in Chernarus is plausible and lore friendly.

For example, caught in a hurricane on a sailing trip, beached in Chernarus. =Plausible. Former Navy seal astronaut mega spy crash landed his blackhawk and only survived by surfing on the propellors = Not plausible.

So take that same advice and apply it to groups. You say you escaped from Utes. Alright, I'll bite. How did you escape? What did you escape in, How many were there when this happened? So forth and so on. You can go with the Alcatraz myth, we took our raincoats cut them up and made little rafts out of them and sailed here. Well the water is very cold and Utes, although part of the lore is not close enough to make the swim without becoming hypothermic.

My point is that you need to iron out the details, even if you get a group idea up, that is the kind of thing that staff look for when accepting groups. It's all in the details mate.

Hollows    457

The Regulators is currently implementing that idea on Austellus (Prison Island), Bloodreaper.

I can tell you from experience of having a functional post-apocalyptic colony is indeed quite entertaining and fun. We have two sections of Austellus, the Civilian-Sector for people to inhabit, trade and overall survive without the worry of infection, and to work as in the days prior to the apocalypse. (Like Lumberjacks for fire, Water-Runners, scavengers, hunters.)

On the Prison itself, the home of the Regulators, we're using it to hold any convicts we receive or come across, to rehabilitate them ICly so they can be eventually released and not be such a bad IC character, and have remorse for their future actions.

Fuchs    1

On another private hive server I camped on Skalisty island in the south-east for a while, it's a great island and pretty self sufficient with wells and several good spawn buildings. Colonies are great fun, especially now you can grow your own vegetables.

Ghost of Levi    8

You know, go for it, its not like it hurts to try and even if it doesnt work out as planned, you learny by failing so why not?

King Box    0

Just because a place is not accessible in Dayz standalone does not mean those places do not exist. You can base an idea off of a location as long as the reason you showed up in Chernarus is plausible and lore friendly.

For example, caught in a hurricane on a sailing trip, beached in Chernarus. =Plausible. Former Navy seal astronaut mega spy crash landed his blackhawk and only survived by surfing on the propellors = Not plausible.

So take that same advice and apply it to groups. You say you escaped from Utes. Alright, I'll bite. How did you escape? What did you escape in, How many were there when this happened? So forth and so on. You can go with the Alcatraz myth, we took our raincoats cut them up and made little rafts out of them and sailed here. Well the water is very cold and Utes, although part of the lore is not close enough to make the swim without becoming hypothermic.

My point is that you need to iron out the details, even if you get a group idea up, that is the kind of thing that staff look for when accepting groups. It's all in the details mate.

Here, let me rephrase my group. we aren't an escape group. were are an ESCAPIST group, and are bent on leaving chernarus. So what i meant with my other post is that if Utes was added to the map of chernarus either through development or modding, we would actually be able to complete our goal as trying to escape chernarus. that is what i what i was trying to say.

Ghost of Levi    8

-snip-

I know this would be like infinite days ahead but why not make the group and be like preparing all thse awsome things and stuff to leave the island and when new maps come out just RP that y ou escaped to one of em?

King Box    0

-snip-

I know this would be like infinite days ahead but why not make the group and be like preparing all thse awsome things and stuff to leave the island and when new maps come out just RP that y ou escaped to one of em?

That is exactly what i was thinking about, but i just wanted to know if the map would even be expanded like that

Ghost of Levi    8

-snip-

That doesnt really matter ya know, in the future probibly tonnes of maps will be added and I wont be surprised if there would beone RP server on an different map so yea that.

Ghost of Levi    8

ah, well then i guess i may as well start to focus on it more then :P thanks for the input

Always. it might be interesting tough, well see :P

Brad    158