Server time: 2017-08-23, 02:39

Sign in to follow this  

Almost Impossible To Be A Hero.

I have been robbed over 50 times and only 1 of them was actual good rp. Im not trying to complain im just saying that it is almost impossible to do the right thing even on this. I thought i got away from that on public. But thats just my opinion. Seems to me like its 75% bandits. And barely anyone is brave enough to help you out if they see it or know for a fact that youve been robbed by certain people.

There are some good robbers and bad ones.. It happens. Some people rob for no reason. Others rob because they actually need stuff and if you don't give it up, they will try and take it.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Just act cool af all the time, and you don't get robbed.

Not kidding either.

Zero    285

>Nice to everyone and willing to give away almost anything.

>Gets robbed every time he meets someone when he's by himself.

Srsly tho guys. Stop robbing "Because it's fun."

Story of my DayZ RP experience.

tnkydoe    14

Most bandits I know will only rob you if you are rude etc.... However there will always be people who rob for gear and obviously the only thing we can do is record and report (or just report if you cant record.)

Now saying it's impossible to be a hero is simply not true, because I have been on both ends of a robbery (hero and bandit) and it's completely possible to fight back. The biggest problem is the bandit to hero ratio which I would roughly put at around 3:1. Now obviously with what bandits do they are a bit ~better~ at pvp usually due to the amount of firefights they get into, which alone makes it harder for heroes to fight back.

The usual cycle is

>Tired of getting robbed

>Starts hero clan

>Gets in fight and becomes target for every bandit clan on the server

>Constantly gets targeted

>Disbands clan due to it no longer be enjoyable due to robberies

>Becomes bandit

Yokai    0

There's another rp server I play on that allows you to kos if you can clearly hear a RP initiation and can 100% I'D that the initiators are bandits. Inb4 flaming and bad bandits raging over this rule. might be worth a shot for you to suggest this rule change

tnkydoe    14

There's another rp server I play on that allows you to kos if you can clearly hear a RP initiation and can 100% I'D that the initiators are bandits. Inb4 flaming and bad bandits raging over this rule. might be worth a shot for you to suggest this rule change

We used to have this rule (Good Samaritan) which granted anybody Kos rights if they directly witnessed an initiation, however this rule was abused over a long period of time and was eventually removed. It's not that hard to re-initiate.

Try traveling with a group, a team would usually scare robbers away. Just be careful when going through big cities and populated places, unless you're with friends don't trust anyone you're travelling with

Yokai    0

We used to have this rule (Good Samaritan) which granted anybody Kos rights if they directly witnessed an initiation, however this rule was abused over a long period of time and was eventually removed. It's not that hard to re-initiate.

Of course it was abused xD

Seems like a good rule in theory (and practice, but maybe not for long i guess)

I have only been robbed once. You have to be smart about the situation and have a satin tongue. My character's have gotten out of some sticky situations. I have met the "crazy" groups and ended up in one piece. In addition, be more careful when in populated areas. If your run down the middle of the road, in a major city, you are probably going to be initiated on. You determine your own fate.

PwnCaiks101    0

On the occasion of being robbed, I've been robbed about four times on standalone. The other times I was initiated on, it was "crazy" people wanting to just play a game- but still end up taking more then the BANDITS or killing me in the end.

Zero    285

On the occasion of being robbed, I've been robbed about four times on standalone. The other times I was initiated on, it was "crazy" people wanting to just play a game- but still end up taking more then the BANDITS or killing me in the end.

Don't even get me started on the "crazies", every situation I've ran into with those groups, they didn't even leave me a melee, and the rp was horrendous. (The Family excluded obviously.)

iGROOCK    1

One key point is to always have a weapon out. It will deter most people from robbing you, and if someone is dumb enough to do so you can pretend like you are putting your gear down but then run around a house, and blast the guy. Majority of people I meet are nice, and I am nice to them. I always offer food and medical supplies and dont ask much in return. But key point here is to have at least a handgun when you go around looting by yourself. You would have to be a retard to rob someone with a weapon, because at that point the other person has kill rights.

Well I don't like robbers but at least you don't die :D

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Awareness is key. I always keep my weapon out. I also try to avoid running down Main St if I am alone. I usually run the other way if I am alone as well. So far it has worked really well. I have yet to be robbed. Been here over a month and been all over the map. Roll in a group. Safety in numbers. Just make sure you are not travelling with a idiot that always feels the need to shoot zombies instead of melee with them :)

Subso    0

People complain about:

People to nice

People rob to much

Make up your mind, community O.o

Autumn    121

I luckily have never been robbed. Thank God. Even though I don't roll with a group and frequent the asshole of DayZRP (Green Mountain) I still have never been unfortunate enough to be robbed.

Cjbustuup    1

You say you got away from that on public servers. How many people actually rob you on public servers? Stealth. Don't go blundering about. Keep to the trees. Overwatch before entering anywhere. Another thing is talk. Ive been able to talk my way out of 80% of robberies no joke.

Wild D0g    8

I agree with Cjbustuup good communication is essentail. If people are robbing you there are ways out of it do they have a weapon with a clip you have? Sometimes if you offer something they need it stops them dead in there tracks. Remember negotiation can be a life saving skill.

Adlern    2

People complain about:

People to nice

People rob to much

Make up your mind, community O.o

We are humans, we will always complain :D

Eagle    346

come to the island when the regulators are on will be sure to help you withe food and bullets all we ask for is water

I've been here a couple of months now and the times I've been robbed are countable on one hand.

And yes I do travel all over the map, even when I'm all alone. Just use common sense and be carefull. Going to popular zones alone is asking for robbery, so only go there if you really have too, plan it, plan your route in and out.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

I've only been robbed once, other times it was clanmates...

I wish people initated on me more ;_;

Ami.Knight    9

I guess I'm one of the few who have never been robbed. The closest i came was 2 guys initiating on me a croc for the brief period i traveled with him and they simply told me to run and abducted him. Guess i was robbed of an rp experience there :(

Red    149

I have been robbed over 50 times and only 1 of them was actual good rp. Im not trying to complain im just saying that it is almost impossible to do the right thing even on this. I thought i got away from that on public. But thats just my opinion. Seems to me like its 75% bandits. And barely anyone is brave enough to help you out if they see it or know for a fact that youve been robbed by certain people.

I think this depends on how you choose to play your hero character. Luck also plays a factor of course.

My character has been a live for about three and a half weeks now. I too play a hero character. My character is a careful guy who won't just approach a huge group for interaction unless he sees that they are friendly. This is how I ended up with a group of mercenaries and military people who my character up seeing them rob three guys. Now my character expressed his distaste in the act multiple times and after the event happened, he choose his moment to separate himself from that group as he feared that his disapproval could get him robbed as well.

The point that I am making here is that you playing carefully will generally keep you alive. If you feel like something is not right, avoid it. When you do find yourself in a dangerous situation, act how you normally would. Be scared, show that you do not want to get hurt. Comply to their demands. More often than not, people give attitude and stand up to their robbers which only ends up in them getting beat up, shot and or killed.

I have found that playing a character with humanity can even earn you a spot among a group of bad people and nothing will happen to you. As long as you make it believable.

Being a hero is not solely about being nice to whoever you encounter. Being a hero is not trusting someone when they appear to be suspicious. Using logical to establish whether another person is telling you the truth or not.

#rant

Hope the above helps :P