Server time: 2017-10-18, 16:46
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Guest MorganJones

Soo if you were AFK...

Guest MorganJones   
Guest MorganJones

In the middle of a conversation with random dude, and then go AFK. Is that person able to cuff you and rob you if he wanted, or can he do stuff while you are AFK?

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

If you go AFK, its your responsability.

So if he started robbing you, and shot you for something like non-compliance, its you fault.

Reason for robbery is different story though.

Guest Damon   
Guest Damon

I recall in a report, I believe Whiskey Tango said this (excuse me if I am wrong), but never and I mean never go AFK because the person can give commands and if you do not follow said commands, they can and probably will shoot you; so be careful. It's best to log off and get back in then it is getting shot and taking up a needed server slot for someone.

Guest MorganJones   
Guest MorganJones

What if you tell them //OOC afk?

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

What if you tell them //OOC afk?

Your still AFK.

IC your person is just sitting there doing nothing.

Husky    0

Uhm. Pretty sure that is a big N.O.

Wrong, people can and should treat his character as if OP is present, you are responsible for your own character and if going AFK kills you then you only have yourself to blame.

Guest MorganJones   
Guest MorganJones

Ok thanks.

Voedric    28

Actually yes people can do this, yea its a dick move but it is not a rule break.

Hollows    450

You should be left alone while AFK if you AFK'ed BEFORE any known interaction with someone, and for a reason that doesn't slap you away from the PC for more than 5-10 minutes maximum.

If you are in the middle of a conversation and or a very public area without friends... You still shouldn't be messed with and have an excuse (I.E. "I zoned out, sorry."). To give someone a command and to shoot them dead for standing still, saying nothing nor moving can be pushing it. It can always be RP'ed that the person is petrified and cannot move until his or her brain is able to properly comprehend the situation. If they aren't a threat, don't pull the trigger.

Thumper    0

You should be left alone while AFK if you AFK'ed BEFORE any known interaction with someone, and for a reason that doesn't slap you away from the PC for more than 5-10 minutes maximum.

If you are in the middle of a conversation and or a very public area without friends... You still shouldn't be messed with and have an excuse (I.E. "I zoned out, sorry."). To give someone a command and to shoot them dead for standing still, saying nothing nor moving can be pushing it. It can always be RP'ed that the person is petrified and cannot move until his or her brain is able to properly comprehend the situation. If they aren't a threat, don't pull the trigger.

Whaaaa? No. If you go AFK and someone initiates on you, and you do not respond, its on you not the initiator.

Hollows    450

Whaaaa? No. If you go AFK and someone initiates on you, and you do not respond, its on you not the initiator.

I get what your saying if you were initiated on AFTER interacting with them...

But if I'm AFK for a pee break and I come back to a," You Are Dead," screen after AFKing in some house in the middle of nowhere because someone randomly ran up on me while I was away and initiated, then no.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

But if I'm AFK for a pee break and I come back to a," You Are Dead," screen after AFKing in some house in the middle of nowhere because someone randomly ran up on me while I was away and initiated, then no.

Imagine somebody just walking up to some guy randomly sitting there, not speaking or moving.

Thats what people who see you AFK see, and if they initiate, before or after roleplay, is your fault.

Rampage    0

The way I feel is this. Sometimes things happen in game and you need to go afk for a few seconds. Now if you were talking to someone and you typed //ooc afk for 15 seconds and he used that to handcuff you and rob you that is a dick move and against the rules IMO. HOwever if you decide to go afk for a few minutes and some people stumble upon you, initiate then rob you that is your problem. You are responsible when you go AFK.

Skhmt    0

So you should log out for bathroom breaks and lose your slot on the server?

Rampage    0

So you should log out for bathroom breaks and lose your slot on the server?

Go hide somewhere in a bush or yes log out. If you are at Green Mountain and go afk and a group initiates on the place it is your fault to be honest.

Basoon    15

Going AFK during RP is not a good idea to begin with, as it wrecks immersion and all that. If you have an emergency, just find a tree, or if you are in a convo, just say "man I gotta go shit" in character and go to a tree, then type //afk gotta (insert whatever).

Going AFK in the middle of a town or mid convo is in general a bad idea though.

I came across an AFK player in the supermarket in Zelenogorsk. He was obviously AFK. He had a good connection, good ping and no desysc.

But we waited for him to come back before we robbed him! :)

Alaric    0

If you need to go afk for a moment hide somewhere in the bush rather

Guest CUDA   
Guest CUDA

I went afk in a tree once. Came back and I was in handcuff and all of 10/10 pristine gear was gone. It is no fault but my own. You need to be careful about where you go afk and who you go afk around.

Guest Falcon   
Guest Falcon

If they go afk for a long time then I think you may be allowed as they're responsible for their character. They should just log out.

Janana    28

Nobody robs people when they are going to the bathroom. If you need to afk, have your character go to the bathroom while you're gone. :troll:

Se7en    0

The way I look at it is;

If you afk right in front of someone during an RP session and do not announce it in chat

Se7en    0

Edit button isn't working. Anyway as I was saying if you afk in front of someone during an RP session without announcing it then you deserved to get robbed and shot.