Server time: 2017-08-21, 21:50

Sign in to follow this  
VinDerp

Ridiculous Restarts

VinDerp    0

This has happened to me for a few days now, every time there is a restart I think people are looking super hard for loot and it's disrupting my game. I think they locate to common heli-crash spawns like around green mountain and server cycle. As the population of each server fluctuates dramatically and settles. Maybe it's just people trying to join in, I don't know.

Sorry to double post but I wanted to say why I posted, I was running up to green mountain, and it was right after a server restart, and I saw some people running parallel to the mountain. So I followed and kept shouting to stop (roleplaying) and they simply ignored me and kept running!

nambizzle    0

There are people who avoid RP and look for gear.

I can understand in the circumstance that your character may be shy and may be hesitant when it comes to social interaction, but you can tell the difference.

Zero    280

Indeed. It pisses me off.

>Enters military base.

>Meets someone.

>Person talks while going from room to room.

>Person runs out and says bye.

1 word, presistence..

Ghost of Levi    8

1 word, presistence..

2 words Loot cyceling

Vandy    34

I'm sad this happened to you. This is indeed a bad experience. We all hate it.

The only thing you could do is record and report. It seems allot of people need to learn it the hard way; :(

Report them, and re-educate!

Snafu    4

its even worse seeing people who do it even when they're fully geared

Unfortunately there are still people who prefer gear over RP and I think I speak for all of us when I say we've all experienced this at least once while playing on DayZRP. As everyone else before me has said you just have to record and report.

Davos    5

1 word, presistence..

2 words Loot cyceling

Persistence makes the mail go round!

But going along with the topic, here is a question, was the person geared or running around in a pair of pants and a t-shirt? If they logged in too quickly, they may have lost everything. No excuse for not roleplaying, but if that is the circumstances, they were probably trying to gear up.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

No offense, but if someone was running after me shouting , hey stop.... I am more likely to keep going for fear of it being a bandit setup etc.... I trust noone when travelling alone, and I stay safe that way. Doesn't mean I am avoiding RP, it means I am surviving :)

Roach    1549

Like Doug, when I am alone I have trust issues... I can read a guy by the way he looks, talk and acts instantly. I am very rarely alone, always have friends within my range :)

As for restart looters, I hate it!

If you're anywhere near the Triangle and Green Mountain, all you see are V3S trucks flying across fields looking for Heli Crash Sites. They see me/us, I know they do, just fly on by to get to the next Heli Crash. I would prefer persistence ON simply because we would not have Heli like this ruining RP. I have no use for them really anyways...

Restart Looters = Total immersion breakers!

Ghost of Levi    8

-snip-

some people just dont have that common scence and do gear>rp

Phatal    46

1 word, presistence..

2 words Loot cyceling

3 words, Don't do it.

4 words, it shouldn't be possible.

Well, to avoid people looking for loot like you mention in your post maybe you should avoid areas that are popular loot areas, not everyone prioritize gear over RP, of course it shouldn't be like that but there will always be people like that.

Chris    61

3 words, Don't do it.

5 words, and yet it is possible.

M'kay guys, enough of the passive aggressive one liners :)

Salidor    0

well if I was a freshy (we all are every so often) I would run too if people yell stop...you're trying to gear up a bit again and some just find it funny, even if you only have pants and a shirt, to strip you naked...

I say ''run Forest...RUN''

Ami.Knight    9

I think i am guilty of this once or twice but i try to put rp before loot. If i hit up after restart i will generally stop and talk with people i find there. What is more annoying is when a group comes up. One starts talking to you and his friends go and loot EVERTHING even though you had gotten there first. Probably why i have never gotten my hands on an akm T_T

Xaeleth    0

5 words, and yet it is possible.

M'kay guys, enough of the passive aggressive one liners :)

You ruiend the chain you jerk. Nothing even remotely aggressive >_>

Ghost of Levi    8

-snip-

It was kinda getting out of hand, if you like those things, make an forum game out of it!