Server time: 2017-10-19, 09:15
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Ingal

Shooting to get attention.

Question

Ingal    5

So, me and my friend were running past Vybor and was heading to NWAF when all of the sudden we heard shots fired, sounded close so we took out our guns and turned around to see what was up.

There was a guy, with a "payday" mask so at least I thought he was some sort of bandit. Turns out he was just out to get our attention and had some questions for us. When I confronted him of why the hell he was shooting, he just replied: "To get your attention".

So, my question is: Is it ok to fire up in the air just to get someones attention or should you report stuff like this?

9 answers to this question

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

I don't see it really being report worthy. A little weird.

Just wouldn't do it because someone might think you're shooting at them. And shoot back.

DeadKiller    0

No it is not okay to get someones attention by shooting at them. It can be considered attempted KoS.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

No it is not okay to get someones attention by shooting at them. It can be considered attempted KoS.

What if you shoot directly up in the air?

I would imagine that's okay, since it's not at them, but don't expect to report them if they turn and shoot you because they thought you were shooting at them.

DeadKiller    0

Now up in the air may be different but still a bad idea. You never know how someone will react to shooting in any form.

Zappous    0

yea i would say not to do that bc you dont want to kill them thinking they were firing at you.

DeadKiller    0

Okay so the consensus seems to be its just a bad idea so don't do it. I'm going to solve it but leave it open for discussion.

/solved

Ingal    5

Thanks for the input guys. He said he was aiming in the air, but at first I thought he was shooting at us. So yeah, bad idea. I was mad at him for doing so and yelled a bit at him. He thought I was overreacting. Well, well...