Server time: 2017-10-23, 13:44
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
nambizzle

Swapping servers for loot?

nambizzle    0

I've been on top of Novo Tower for a good hour or two, just scoping out the area, keeping an eye out for survivors, etc.

I've heard two people in the lower levels of the tower in that timeframe. One guy ran because he said someone scary was at the top (Which I assumed was me since I was up there the whole time) and ran off.

The second one I heard below, running around midst the screaming of walkers on the bottom floor. I go down to kill them quickly, scout out the area, and there's no one here.

It's only my assumption that someone was scouting the tower for loot, and then possibly switched over to S4 to check tower loot there as well.

Frowned upon, I would assume, yet no way to really enforce it, yes?

Red    256

There is if you have recorded it. We can also track people based on voice. See if they match up someone we know. We can also check disconnection times. What time did this happen?

nambizzle    0

I honestly don't have a recording of it, nor do I have a name or anything.

It was probably about 30 minutes ago, I'd say.

So, 6:20-ish Central time?

Never could find someone to do a Check Pulse.

Vandy    34

Ah that's really a shame if this happened.

Too bad there are still too many people around that are just too much focussed on the loot and gear...

If you see people running around, only interested in the gear and avoiding rp, do not hesistate to report them.

Report and re-educated them. That's what we are obliged to do!

Zorac    0

I really dont understand why you would be so focused on gear and loot on server that is so heavily focused on RP. I for one only use civilian clothes and a shotgun because "that is the only thing I learn't to handle". So why are people playing on these servers being so focused on gear and loot is for me a big mystery.

Go to public if you want some random KoS and heavy gear focused.

Destinwolf    13

If you think people are server hopping near you, or on your server, try this out;

1) Screen shot the player list right after the server restarts.

2) Watch how many people connect and disconnect within 5-10 minutes of connecting to the server.

3) Screen shot the list again.

4) Screen shot server time stamp.

5) Report the players that connected and disconnected within that time frame.

Staff can check the connection logs of those players that are suspected of server hopping.

This, imo, is the best way to put an end to server hopping for loot.

Cid    333

We don't take loot cycling lightly. If you have any evidence of anyone loot cycling make sure to report it. This server about the roleplay and not about the gear.

Grihm    16

We don't take loot cycling lightly. If you have any evidence of anyone loot cycling make sure to report it. This server about the roleplay and not about the gear.

Is there no option to "bind" a character to a server for an amount of time or to bind the equipement to each server?

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

At what point do players cease becoming players and become police though ? Yeah those things suck, but it ruins gameplay, RP, and immersion to monitor things, that we will realistically never fully eliminate. There are always going to be loot whores in this game. I guess it comes down to personal choice. Yeah punishing for server hopping is a good idea, in theory, but catching them requires heavy in game supervision which pulls a player from the game, which could affect RP for others as well.

RP>Gear , but there are people who will never get it. Worse yet, there are people who don't give a shit.....

Popovski    0

Totally agree. Most people haven't understood the point of RP servers.. RP>Gear indeed

Ami.Knight    9

I would imagine about the only solution to this would be time. If all they play here for is loot then they will surely eventually have interactions with people. Be it the 10 sec robberies or simply bad rp they will be reported and either learned from their mistakes or removed. Yes if the chance to report one falls in your lap by all means do it. I just don't see the need to ruin your immersion to become the server police.

There is if you have recorded it. We can also track people based on voice. See if they match up someone we know. We can also check disconnection times. What time did this happen?

I often find my connection being terrible. Don't know why, this is new to me. Lately I've been disconnected and such without me doing anything like actually logging out. It's random. When I get a crash or even "No Message Receiving" when the server is fine for everyone else but I'm the only one that gets that msg... I get kicked and can't get back in. So I join a less populated RP server.

The story and the reasons why I go to a different servers when I crash are reasonable reasons but with the logs I'm afraid I don't know much about them but what I think it says and shows the admins is like:

RJ Gallagher connected to server 1

Disconnected from server 1

RJ Gallagher connected to server 2

Disconnected from server 2

If the logs look like that^ that looks like I'm server hopping, but I'm not? What I'm trying to get at is that do the logs know the difference between an actual logout, loss of connection, crash, etc. Because I don't want to be accused of this in the future if my connection never gets back to normal.

Red    256

I often find my connection being terrible. Don't know why, this is new to me. Lately I've been disconnected and such without me doing anything like actually logging out. It's random. When I get a crash or even "No Message Receiving" when the server is fine for everyone else but I'm the only one that gets that msg... I get kicked and can't get back in. So I join a less populated RP server.

The story and the reasons why I go to a different servers when I crash are reasonable reasons but with the logs I'm afraid I don't know much about them but what I think it says and shows the admins is like:

RJ Gallagher connected to server 1

Disconnected from server 1

RJ Gallagher connected to server 2

Disconnected from server 2

If the logs look like that^ that looks like I'm server hopping, but I'm not? What I'm trying to get at is that do the logs know the difference between an actual logout, loss of connection, crash, etc. Because I don't want to be accused of this in the future if my connection never gets back to normal.

Strictly looking at logs then yes that It would indeed look like server hopping. But the Staff team fortunately does not look solely at connection logs. We will of course, if you're being looked into ask for your own statement and reasoning why. And when you lose connection, you can actually see that in the logs as well.

It will say RJ Gallagher timed out/losing connection or something along those lines, If I am not mistaking.

You will never have to worry about being punished if you genuinely did not do anything wrong. That's one thing that I learned in my time in this community.

sgt khan    15

I had a similar incident today but I do not have evidence because I was not recording. any ways I was near this heli crash site that I looted and then this guy (he sounds like he is 12) drives up to the heli then I approach him in a friendly manner and start RPing with him while he searches (he did not reply to anything) then just drives of and says bye... and what I can conclude from this that new comers come with the mentality of normal dayz of loot and hardly any RP

any ways the RP level has went downnnnnn with the flood of new comers and I would like to see a change

Zero    465

Heh. Too many ten second robberies for me. I mean, I like having a nice gun, but I won't rob anyone if they have a nicer weapon then me. That's just stupid, but unfortunately, I've had it happen to me far too many times, I was once even robbed for my pants. When I joined the server a little over a month ago, the role-play was amazing. (It still is.) But I seem to encounter more robberies that are solely based on me having something "Tacti-cool." Rather than me being of an opposing group, or having done something to the other party, or for the survival of someone else.

Just two days ago, my friend was robbed for his AKS-74u, and was given the piss poor excuse of "Sorry man, we gotta eat." Town was less than five minutes away, the robbery literally lasted thirty seconds, and they didn't even take any of his food. In the end, the guy was reported for NVFL among other things such as RDM.

Than there's the ole "It's the apocalypse man!" excuse. Unfortunately, for me. (I think it's just my crappy luck.) Almost every interaction I've had with someone when I have been alone, has resulted in a ten second robbery. (Except for one.) Kind of sucks when I want to rp with someone and I'm met with the same thing. :/

It's just sad people play for loot here :( .Everywhere else I can understand it but DayzRP isn't here so we can get cool loot and feel safer than in the normal servers.

I had a similar incident today but I do not have evidence because I was not recording. any ways I was near this heli crash site that I looted and then this guy (he sounds like he is 12) drives up to the heli then I approach him in a friendly manner and start RPing with him while he searches (he did not reply to anything) then just drives of and says bye... and what I can conclude from this that new comers come with the mentality of normal dayz of loot and hardly any RP

any ways the RP level has went downnnnnn with the flood of new comers and I would like to see a change

Next time check pulse, screenshot, report.