Server time: 2017-08-24, 01:06

Sign in to follow this  

Backstory Revamp?

Question

Could i Revamp my characters background after already Rping as him for a good amount of time, keeping his experience but changing how i got here and such? or would it be to confusing IG?

8 answers to this question

You are by all means free to do so I'd say.

Keep in mind that it may end up confusing some people if you have already told them your backstory IC though but you could just use the excuse that you lied or something.

It could be confusing to people you already know and have developed the character with, I'm not saying don't do it just think seriously about it first, maybe speak to the friends you have and ask them how they would feel about it.

Red    149

Yes, Exactly as TheAssassinZX said, you are allowed to alter your characters background story to your liking.

I have done so multiple times in the past myself.

Hope that sufficiently answers your question!

Good luck! :)

EDIT: Vector makes a good point. Don't go for drastic changes because friends that your character has made over time might become confused for you behaving differently.

You can also always choose to re-roll and make a new character with a background story that you feel to be suitable.

Brad    155

Could i Revamp my characters background after already Rping as him for a good amount of time, keeping his experience but changing how i got here and such? or would it be to confusing IG?

As I know some of your backstory, if we started talking again my character would call you out for lying about his backstory.

If you want to change it up, you are better off making a new character with the different backstory.

Ok thanks, no would telling them that i changed it OOC be ok or would it be better to rp it out?

As I know some of your backstory, if we started talking again my character would call you out for lying about his backstory.

If you want to change it up, you are better off making a new character with the different backstory.

Hmm, you are right, and it goes with what everyone else is saying. I'm not saying i am actually going to do it, but just in case i thought i would ask :)

Red    149

Ok thanks, no would telling them that i changed it OOC be ok or would it be better to rp it out?

Oocly on TS is fine i suppose. For small changes you can always RP that out in game. Say that you for example did not want to open up all of your secrets and that you came up with something else instead to hide your true identity.

Oocly on TS is fine i suppose. For small changes you can always RP that out in game. Say that you for example did not want to open up all of your secrets and that you came up with something else instead.

Ah ok, i get the what you mean. You can close the thread, thanks for the quick replies!