Server time: 2017-10-19, 05:23
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Heaser

What types of characters would you like to see more of?

Heaser    1

I'm asking this because:

A) I'm always looking for new ideas.

B) maybe it will give people other ideas.

C) I'm really interested.

Imagine the question as:

Who have you always wanted to role play as but never got the chance?

Red    243

I would really like to see more civilian types of characters. I understand that a lot of people want to play mercenaries or soldiers because they're already trained for battle. But I like seeing people in game who are helpless, who need time to learn things. People who are still trying to figure out what their talents are in the new world.

I myself plays a character like that. My character recently started to learn how to shoot. Now he's starting to figure out how people can be in the apocalypse as he witnessed a robbery.

All these experiences are starting to shape him to become someone who's ultimately going to be different from the man he used to be before all of this.

drewhinny    0

I would like to see more people playing characters that don't know about everything. People that need help doing things. applying splints or shooting a gun. I know if you've been out there that long then you should know how to shoot a gun, but not everybody is by themselves. You could play a guy that JUST got separated from his group, and the group was basically pulling his weight the whole time. So many ways to think about new characters.

Shanoby    63

I loved my civilian character... it is just how story has developed for him, has made my character find ways to become a militant. He sees that this is the only way to go forward. To be more organized, trained and to have better chances for the future.

Sadly it took my character only 2 months to start thinking that way cos of the encounters with the other players :( I was hoping at least 6+ months of being a civilian...

But to answer you question, definitely more civilians. But I'm afraid, that is how all the others would end up eventually as well.

Jm Von Cat    154

Less crazy people... Simple really :P

I know crazy is fun and all but around 70-80% of all the people I meet are RPing as crazys... It sorta gets on my nerves.

Silentium    0

I have no idea what it is like in ingame (yet hopefully)

But I think civilians is a good way to go.

SatansNightOut    105

I know crazy is fun and all but around 70-80% of all the people I meet are RPing as crazys... It sorta gets on my nerves.

This.

Voedric    28

This, and more natives.

PwnCaiks101    0

I want to see more political figures.

I'm a crazy person with a legit backstory. And I less crazy then the people around me half the time. It is overwhelming D:

Cjbustuup    1

More military and super soldiers :troll:

But yea as mentioned above. I really like the characters that evolve as the apocalypse continues.

Alaric    0

My character is civilian. I am still not whitelisted yet but... my character is normal guy who was introvert he always played video games so he know something about zombies (from games xD) but he don't know how to shoot in real life (only in games :D) so he is more lone wolf because he don't trust other people in this "new world" after some things that happened to him and his mother (not gonna write what happened it's painful memory for him [his mother is not alive anymore])...

And I made this character because I want to play it like → from the star he will be shy, scared of other people.. and later he will be more cold, and maybe "stronger" is the right word :)

Edit: Ah sorry xD my answer is : Civilians. Civilians can be crazy too because some of them can get crazy from what is happening in the world so civilians are best. You know civilians can become good, cold or crazy types. They can be everything :D

Heaser    1

I think the issue here is not the crazy people, but the crazy "violent" people, not many crazy people I meet seem to be timid, peaceful or suicidal ,the majority of crazies I meet want to chop off my fingers or pull out my teeth.

Joffrey    893

This.

Whats .. ahh .. wrong with a little crazy?

// srs tho, I'd like to see more faults in folks. It seems most of the time people are always so sure of themselves regardless of the situation. It would be pleasant to see human error sometimes thrown in.

Basoon    15

I would agree less crazies, some crazies are well done, but it seems everybody thinks crazy = creepy ass serial killer.

Doesn't need to be that way.

SatansNightOut    105

This.

Whats .. ahh .. wrong with a little crazy?

It's not what you say, but how you say it. ;) You, of course, say it very well.

Kythe    0

I would like to see more people commenting on this post and sharing their insights. I find it both helpful and interesting. My character has been ready for weeks but I still feel like I want to perfect him before I start playing. As a new player I do not know what kind of people are walking the lands on Chernarus in DayZRP servers (outside what I've seen in Twitch).

I kind of guessed there are lots of crazy people and people who are really (mega)prepared for a gunfight. Also having more native people is very logical. I just find it a bit hard to play a native if I'm fluent in two or three languages and none of them fit the lore. Any ideas? I think people would appreciate some ideas. I've seen plenty of clumsy tries when people explain/create stories how they got there.

I made a civilian character who isn't crazy. He is just a little weird. Mentally speaking he isn't in perfect health but in the end...who really is? We have to remember that a psychologically normal/healthy person has flaws and issues. I think it makes roleplaying more interesting when my character is going through changes. I would rather learn some of the stuff in game rather than skip to a point where my character knows everything and is already nuts.

Heaser    1

I would like to see more people commenting on this post and sharing their insights.

Well I think I would like to see more comical characters, For those of you who have had the pleasure of encountering the Gypsies, It was by far the best RP experience I have had, So unique, so funny, and still so right.

I would just like to see more types of characters who can shed light on a very dark situation.

sgt khan    15

Less crazies and more natives, its funny how there is more unstable people than mentally stable people

Hollows    450

I'd like to see people using different occupations and backgrounds. Everyone's a soldier, doctor or student. I haven't seen any Firemen, school teachers, Engineers, pilots, authors, etc.

It almost feels like people are terrified of going out there and trying something unique.

Autumn    127

This.

This. Not because the person above me said this.

KpopKilla    74

More independent lone wolves. This is a role that is very hard to RP out and only met a handful of people who have played like this, mostly in the mod.

These are the guys who keep to themselves and roam the countryside conducting whatever activity they desired. Whether it was robbing someone or simply fishing, these people and their characters brought a unique view to the server and I remember the hours I put in just to seek these people out.

I would like to see less soldiers.It really makes you think if pretty much everyone is a soldier how did the outbreak even happen?I am hoping when persistence is back to see less people armed with automatic weapons and perhaps someone should pick up that lonely crossbow that has been collecting dust since the release.Also most people that claim they are soldiers don't really rp that much,they only seem interested in those precious AK mags *cough* Green Mountain *cough*