Server time: 2017-10-16, 22:14
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
King Box

Character nickname

King Box    0

I want to add a character nickname to my character, and was thinking about it being BloodReaper, because my character's background is sort of like my own, which includes his Gaming name (bloodreaper, though i may mess around with small parts of my characters background as i flesh him out more) though for my character at the moment the name doesn't really fit him, even though it fits into his back-story as a YouTuber/gamer. What do you think?

Alaric    0

I knew you will be the "KILLER type" from the moment I saw your profile pic :D Kaneki-kuuun :D

What is your character name? I think the good way to make nickname is from the characters name. Like Patrick - 'Rick' :D

Brad    158

I'd say meet people and see if they give you a nickname :)

Red    233

I'd say meet people and see if they give you a nickname :)

+10 ^

This is great advice. Nicknames are earned!

King Box    0

Heh, now that you mention maybe my nickname should be "boonie" considering that is what jay called me when we first met

Brad    158

Heh, now that you mention maybe my nickname should be "boonie" considering that is what jay called me when we first met

We'd always get it mixed up with Bonnie haha

Basoon    15

I agree, in game nicknames are always better. They are way more natural and are actually caused by things in game. The more in game ways your character is molded the better.

King Box    0

We'd always get it mixed up with Bonnie haha

Haha, your probably right.

well i guess we will see then i guess, when it comes down to my finding one

Vandy    34

I do think that nicknames are indeed more respected when earned in game and in character.

Too be very honest here, "BloodReaper" does sound a very cheap and immature nickname. Unless your character would be a real blood reaper...

And, not entirely sure how you portray your "youtuber/gamer" character, but I do hope he's not running around in full military clothing...

But back ontopic, the nickname. If people would call you bloodreaper in game, and they actualyl see a common civilian young men (a gamer), I would probably burst out in laughter.

As people mentioned, in game nicknames are more interessting.

Ghost of Levi    8

Nicknames should indeed be chosen but knowing from expirience they always are really close to what your characters job used to be :P

Best nicknames are given to you by people in game through interactions. My first character, Joshua Cross Was nicknamed "Paladin" because he had a tendency to be a "knight in shining armor" when ladies were involved, but not on purpose. He just happened to save the life or more than a few women in his travels. When traveling in a car one time, a friend was making fun of me and mentioned I should be nicknamed "Knight" because of that, then another replied it should be "Paladin" because my last name was Cross, the nickname stuck.