Server time: 2017-08-21, 02:57

Sign in to follow this  
riff

Day 1 on DayZ

riff    0

Hey everyone,

I actually rebooted my computer specifically to try out this game.

Last time I was playing any computer games was during Darkfall 1 days.

I'm not sure how many of you all played that game, but it was a serious, serious grind and should have been considered alpha mode as well with all the bugs and BS that went on. In short, I do not like carebear games.

That being said, I was really impressed by this game's intricacies and the risk/reward that goes into every encounter.

I look forward to meeting y'all.

Bryce_    1

Can't say I've played Darkfall 1, but I'm up for a challenge ;)

This game also has alot of bugs and BS. Friend died to a backpack the other day. It's probably best though to get a good hang of the game before playing DayZRP (assuming you haven't already, could be wrong), but that shouldn't be too hard though if you set your mind to it.

riff    0

I'm considering the role of a middle aged black man who is on a quest to journey west. I will carry a book and quote mysterious versus. People will try to use and kill me, but I will be 'protected' on my journeys.

I have a hard time seeing, but Mila Kunis might join me too.

Barbarian    0

I'm considering the role of a middle aged black man who is on a quest to journey west. I will carry a book and quote mysterious versus. People will try to use and kill me, but I will be 'protected' on my journeys.

I have a hard time seeing, but Mila Kunis might join me too.

Would you be shocked if I told you, that you wouldn't be the first to do that.

riff    0

This game also has alot of bugs and BS. Friend died to a backpack the other day. It's probably best though to get a good hang of the game before playing DayZRP (assuming you haven't already, could be wrong), but that shouldn't be too hard though if you set your mind to it.

I've actually put in several hours now, and have watched too many videos on how to play. I don't like to do things half-assed, so I did the research and am doing fine in the normal public servers.

Honestly, I don't really care for the kids who shoot on sight. I try to not get attached to my gear and enjoy making allies and friends.

Pretty sure I made a mistake last night of drinking a vial of something (probably gasoline), now my guy is not only very full but starving. Go me!

Bryce_    1

I've actually put in several hours now, and have watched too many videos on how to play. I don't like to do things half-assed, so I did the research and am doing fine in the normal public servers.

Honestly, I don't really care for the kids who shoot on sight. I try to not get attached to my gear and enjoy making allies and friends.

Pretty sure I made a mistake last night of drinking a vial of something (probably gasoline), now my guy is not only very full but starving. Go me!

It's a glitch, I've been hungry, thirsty, and stuffed all at the same time. Hopefully they fix that in the next patch.

And yeah, I'm the same way, I use to get attached to my gear but now if I die I don't really care.

Shoot on sight is definitely the more boring way to play, if your going to be a bandit at least do it the right way, not the boring easy way. Anyone can sit on top of a building sniping fresh spawns all day.