Server time: 2017-10-23, 22:45
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Cid

103.6 - Open Frequency

Cid    333

Jay tosses his bag against the side of the house and slinks down against the wall. After a tiring day of hunting, he unclips the radio from his pants and starts fiddling with the knobs on his radio. After tuning it to the normal frequency for the long-range, he puts the radio to his mouth and begins to speak.

"Uhh... I don't normally do this kind of thing. I'm sure some of the others probably wouldn't be too happy, but I've never really talked to any of the other people who might be around. Not a lot of us talk to the other people around."

He pauses for a moment and releases the button, making sure to watch what he says. He presses the button again and continues to talk.

"Not sure what to really talk about. It's not like I got someone specific I'm looking to talk to, just kind of seeing who might be in the area, yeah? I ain't gunna give out any names. If you recognize me you recognize me, just try not to use names, yeah? Probably a shitty request seeing as I'm the one reaching out to this frequency in the first place, yeah? I guess I should give you all, who may be listening, something to call me by. Dragon... Dragon will work. Call me Dragon. So, does anyone copy? Anybody at all?"

He release the button again and sits the radio carefully in his lap, patiently waiting some kind of a response.

Rifleman    14

*Hearing the transmission from the survivor, Luka picked up his scratched old shortwave and pressed the transmit button*

'I Hear you Sir, this is Kapitain Luka Kratochvil, 101st CDF Pioneers. Your transmission is coming through loud and clear. If you require assistance, just let us know where you are and we'll do what we can to help you out. Contact us on frequency 132.65 if you need us.

Kratochvil Out.'

Rick frantically scrabbles in his small pack for the radio. Although he didn't hear the message, any voice is a burst of hope into his and Pedro's lives of monotony and worry. He motions to Pedro, and the two duck into a building, anxoiusly checking every corner. Once Pedro has secured the house, Rick slumps to the clod, stone floor, and turns on his radio.

You have no idea what its like to hear your voice. I almost threw this radio away, but now I'm bloody glad I didn't. I've been alone with Pedro for four days now and-

Rick looks warily at Pedro's hunched figure in the doorway, but his companion is intent on watching the road.

-well, Pedro isn't the chattiest. Please reply back as soon as you can. We will wait here as long as you need.

Rick releases the small rubber toggle, and stands to strech. Pedro registers the movement, and makes a move to head down the short flight of stairs to the street, his eyes expectant, but Rick, standing resolutely in the hall, ushers him back in and explains.

Cid    333

Surprised at the immediate responses, he quickly picks the radio back up and transmits.

"One of you sound pretty familiar. I honestly wasn't expecting something. I probably would have taken a bit more thought before just responding, especially you uhh... Pedro? Or Pedro's friend, whatever. you haven't heard voices in so long, yeah? Well there are plenty here, but just mine for now. I can't exactly say I'll be able to help, seeing as it's kinda rough for us right now, but do you need any help? Do you got any injured? We know people we can contact that might be able to help you if you need it."

As he releases the button, he sighs followed by a small chuckle. It was surprising to hear from others so fast to him, almost relieving in a sort of way.

KpopKilla    74

*Hearing the familiar voice while scanning frequencies for information a man responds back*

Dragon this is Seanchara good to hear your voice again. Been meaning to contact you for a while regarding the men in your party who carry the house. Looking to set a deal up with them in the coming days. I'll explain the details in person when the time comes. Seanchara out.

*The man lets go of the button and goes back to scanning the frequencies*

Cid    333

Before responding, Dragon chuckles a bit. After pressing the button, you can hear him calming down from the laughter.

"I-I hope I ain't disrespecting. I have no idea what a Seanchara is, but it's catchy, I'll give you that. Nice to hear you again, man. We haven't heard anything from your side for a long time. You wanna meet? You know where to look I don't need to say shit. We'll talk in person when we get the chance. Dragon out.

He lets go of the button and clips the radio back to his pants.

Juzi    0

Jason slowly raises the radio to his mouth, slumping himself against a tree. He seems out of breath.

"Dragon, was it? Heh, how's it goin. I ain't seen no man for ages, brother. Good to hear a voice agin, you know?"

He mutters to himself about a nick name for a short time.

"You can call me uhh... Donny. Yeah, Donny. If you're looking for a mate, I'm out here man. Just... Doing nothing. Like, at all... Heheh..."

He releases the button and pauses for some time, before transmitting again.

"Uhh... Out?"

Phil clings to the branch of an apple tree, inching towards an apple at the end of the branch.

"C'mere, you juicy bastard."

He snatches the apple, and with a triumphant shout, swings from the branch with his other hand and drops to the ground, rolling onto his back. He stands up, dusts himself off, and plops into a lawn chair propped up against the tree. He takes a bite from the apple, and grabs his radio.

"Well hi there, uh, Dragon."

He swallows.

"S'cuse me. Good to hear a friendly voice. You sound familiar, though. Everything alright on yer end?"

Phil sets the radio on his lap. After a moment, he picks it up again.

"Oh, and, uh, call me Omaha."

*You hear a man jump on the frequency*

Bob- *sighs* I mean Seanchara, this the lad from Polana? Long time no see. Water Spirit Out

*The radio clicks off*

Cid    333

Dragon chuckles at the sound of Omaha's voice, remember back to the good times way up in the north. He brings the radio to his mouth and presses the button.

"Omaha, how's it going man? It's been quite a long time since we've seen ya. Things have certainly been... better. I'd rather not talk about it right now, honestly. Something we got to work out without the knowledge of others, yeah? Keep in touch man, we miss you for sure."

Dragon releases the button and clips the radio back to his pants before carefully turning around and walking back to safe ground.

Slaxx    0

Zebb's eyes flicker. The sound of his crummy, beat down radio laying a crossed the room, now comes to life. This familiar voice, beckoning him to rise. Slowly, with shallow breath and great effort, his hands begin to move beneath him. A sticky like substance on his fingertips and forehead play havoc with his thoughts. Reaching, gasping, Zebb struggles to get to this device. Praying its soothing melody doesn't cease before he reaches it. Finally with a lunge, his blood stained fingers wrap around the radio. Pulling it towards his face and mouth, letting the weight of his head rest on the receiver. A few short inhales and exhales later, his broken, but still functioning hand wiggles the radio around till he is able to press that button of hope.

Ja *static* It's Zebb.... Help.....I have *static*shot....

A pain wells up from Zebb's stomach, followed by a strong urge to cough. Which he obliges. After which, his mouth fills with blood. Panic sets in even more.

It's bad J..*static*...... Find Tyler!!! *static* Oh god... Oh shi *static*..... His name w.....*static* J.R......*static* Vika.... Vika... I'm sorr *static*

Zebb's grip loosens. His eyes water up as the muscles behind them twitch. All he can here is static. He wonders to himself. Is it the radio...,or his life, that is trailing off. Blackness. The world... Becomes blackness.

Phil permits himself a small smile as he finishes the last bite of the apple. He throws the core into the air, which arcs over the field. It lands softly in the grass, a few feet away from a crudely spraypainted 'X' and a dozen other rotting apple cores.

"Oh, I can't complain. Good to hear you too, Dragon, and glad to hear y'all are at least relatively OK. I hope whatever's goin' on is nothin' too serious, but I'd be willin' to lend a hand if you need it. Oh, and tell everyone hi for me, and hope to see em' again soon."

Phil sets the radio on his lap, and bends over to pick up the book at his feet. He opens it to the bookmarked page, the margins of which are covered with dozens of tiny tic-tac-toe games. He takes a pen from his pocket, and begins to draw a grid on one of the few remaining empty spaces.

Cid    333

After hearing the static riddled message, Dragon quickly unclips his radio and speaks loudly into it, clearly worried for his friend.

"Zebb? Zebb I can barely hear you I didn't get most of the message. You been shot? Where are you, man? We can send people your way we can get you fixed up you just gotta stay with me and keep givin' me information. You gotta stay with me, find a place where you can get better reception if you can; I can barely hear ya man."

The transmission stops for a moment and Dragon takes a deep breath to try and stay calm. After a few more breaths he continues talking into the radio.

"Who is this J.R. guy, Zebb? Stay with me man I know you a' strong, man. Focus, breath deeply, put pressure on whatever wound you might have. Bandage it up if you can, but just keep talkin' to me you gotta stay with me."

Lil_Beefy    0

Vitaly crawls away from the burning vehicle as he reaches into his back pocket. He pulls out his fragile radio and tunes into 103.6

"Ja..." he coughs, the radio has a spurt of static before resuming the transmission "I found car... crashed and it went boom..."

There's a pause, before static can be heard over Vitaly crawling further away through the grass, his raincoat melted to his skin

"Goodbye..."

He loosens his grip on the radio before his transmission is cut short

Cid    333

The static from the radio wakes Jay up, he scrambles to find his radio while the rest of the transmission plays out. Finally, he grabs a hold of his radio and speaks.

"Vitaly, that you? What do you mean goodbye, man? Where you at we can come get you? We can come find you... what do you mean your car went boom?

He waits a few minutes for a response, but Vitaly doesn't speak back to him. He begins to panic and tries again.

"H-hey, Vitaly? You there? Come on m-man, you gotta answer... V-vitaly?"

Another few minutes pass with no return message from Vitaly. Finally, Jay gives into his emotions and drops the radio, curling back up in his mattress. For the rest of the night, Jay stares blankly at the wall unable to sleep.

Arcarius    25

A male took a few steps and down a hill before stopping and taking a seat and taking out his radio from his pocket, he raised his radio to his mouth and pressed the PTT button.

"H-Hello... JayAuroraTomEnderArcariusHello can anyone here me?" he said as he waited for a response, after a moment or two his eyes began to tear up "Please... Please anyone respond... It's me... Rooth... I'm coming home..." he paused trying to hold back his tears.

"I hope someone is there... Please let there be someone there... Please.. I... Don't want to be alone.." he wept as he released the button and waited again but this time the wait was shorter and he left the radio on and placed it back into his pocket.

He looked out to the view before him for a moment then stood and continued towards the town in the distance. 

Cid    333

A male took a few steps and down a hill before stopping and taking a seat and taking out his radio from his pocket, he raised his radio to his mouth and pressed the PTT button.

"H-Hello... JayAuroraTomEnderArcariusHello can anyone here me?" he said as he waited for a response, after a moment or two his eyes began to tear up "Please... Please anyone respond... It's me... Rooth... I'm coming home..." he paused trying to hold back his tears.

"I hope someone is there... Please let there be someone there... Please.. I... Don't want to be alone.." he wept as he released the button and waited again but this time the wait was shorter and he left the radio on and placed it back into his pocket.

He looked out to the view before him for a moment then stood and continued towards the town in the distance. 

*Jay sat at the table, pouring some of the leftover cereal he had stored in the pantry that him and Aurora made.  Just before taking his first bite, his radio buzzed and as he listened to Rooth speak, that spoonful never reached his mouth.  Dropping the spoon he quickly fumbled for the radio attached to his belt and ripped it off, pressing down on the PTT.*

"Rooth?  holy shit, Rooth is that really you?"  *He lowered the radio from his mouth, but never took his thumb off of the PTT, you could hear him yelling off to someone.*  "Aurora!  You need to fucking hear this!"

*Bringing the radio back to his mouth, you could hear him clearly again.*  "Rooth, I can't believe your alive... shit... here, contact us on the home frequency, we can explain everything.  We'll be seeing you soon.  Don't worry, man.  You ain't alone."

*He let go of the PTT, clipping the radio back to his pants, completely ignoring his cereal and yelling back to Aurora again.*

Ender    648

::With a quiet calming voice as if hes trying not to wake someone he puts the radio up to his mouth and presses the button down::

H . . . Hello? Jay? Aurora? A . . . Are you there?

I know i kinda left unexpectedly But i wanted to let you guys know t. . .

That i'm . . . i'm . . . Still alive 

::he lets go of the button waiting for anyone to say something::

Cid    333

*Hearing his radio buzz he quickly pulled it off of his belt, pressing down the button before he even got the radio to his mouth.  At first, his voice seemed a bit further away, but it didn't take long to normal out.*

"Helmet?  Was wondering when you were going to say something.  Don't worry man, we know you're alive.  Been listening to you mouth off to others.  With you being gone, someone else has to listen to everyone else blab, yeah?"  *He chuckled at his own comment before returning to the conversation.*  "Might want to have a chat with us soon.  We have a lot of catching up to do.  You should still know the home frequency, just contact us there.  See ya soon, Helmet."

*Taking his thumb off the PTT he clipped the radio back to his belt, continuing the task at hand.*

Sign in to follow this