Server time: 2017-08-19, 22:34

Sign in to follow this  
FrankTheTank90

Your opinions on my new character.

Im a newbi so go easy on me ;)

Mine is a forgoten hero from NATO that crashed whit his chopper on a routine mission in Chernarus and all of his brothers in arms dided. But the longer he spent alone the more twisted his mind went, he started hearing voices and seeing people that wasent there. After a while he didnt know what was real, he almost got killed by a zombie for screaming at it to answer him. He is in despert need of reallity, but what is real?

Revilo    7

meh, alright i guess, but a little cliché, NATO, Crashed Chopper, Everyone died but him. like the idea of an insane NATO guy though

derealization disorder is a great touch man. I would look up the symptoms and try to recreate them with your character. are you aiming for derealization dissorder or depersonalization dissorder? also if you want any help with either of those just let me know via pm.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Has potential. I would recommend perhaps some amnesia, perhaps from the crash. Don't recall your past , but are familiar with certain things. That would be a good mix to RP.

Vandy    34

Pretty much as Revilo said: a lone survivor from a military force crash. It has been portrayed allot, it is nothing new or original. Adding the "insane, desorientated" touch to it isn't new either.

If you are looking for a real new and creative character, I suggest to take a look at this old groups threat and read about their flaws. It's really inspiring to create a new creative character!

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-call-us-what-you-like-heavy-realism-rp-permadeath-ig-rec

meh, alright i guess, but a little cliché, NATO, Crashed Chopper, Everyone died but him. like the idea of an insane NATO guy though

Yeah i know its a bit cliché but its a god start ;) Thank you for your respons man :)

Pretty much as Revilo said: a lone survivor from a military force crash. It has been portrayed allot, it is nothing new or original. Adding the "insane, desorientated" touch to it isn't new either.

If you are looking for a real new and creative character, I suggest to take a look at this old groups threat and read about their flaws. It's really inspiring to create a new creative character!

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-call-us-what-you-like-heavy-realism-rp-permadeath-ig-rec

I would say if he is looking to portray DRD or DPD then it is most certainly original when was the last time anyone has met a man who has an out of body expierirence while off of drugs?

derealization disorder is a great touch man. I would look up the symptoms and try to recreate them with your character. are you aiming for derealization dissorder or depersonalization dissorder? also if you want any help with either of those just let me know via pm.

Im going for the depersonalization dissorder. think it fits his character, beeing alone for such a long time, thaks for you replay and tips man! I will seend you a PM when im done whit his minde hehe ;)

Has potential. I would recommend perhaps some amnesia, perhaps from the crash. Don't recall your past , but are familiar with certain things. That would be a good mix to RP.

Yeah that sound really good! Great idé! Thx man! :)

Okey i will take a look there! Thx for your reply man! :)

Basoon    15

I like the idea of the loss of touch with reality, but the NATO chopper crash survivor is overdone, makes it seem like your playing the "super soldier" thing.

Whey not change it up, say you were a cyclist visiting the country to bike it's roads and you fell? Or say you were in a ship that crashed ashore and you woke up on the coast not remembering a lot and kind of crazy?

Or a taxi driver that got into a wreck or anything along those lines.

A soldier story would work, but a civilian story would be more original and may bring you more enjoyment.

I like the idea of the loss of touch with reality, but the NATO chopper crash survivor is overdone, makes it seem like your playing the "super soldier" thing.

Whey not change it up, say you were a cyclist visiting the country to bike it's roads and you fell? Or say you were in a ship that crashed ashore and you woke up on the coast not remembering a lot and kind of crazy?

Or a taxi driver that got into a wreck or anything along those lines.

A soldier story would work, but a civilian story would be more original and may bring you more enjoyment.

[/quote

Yeah got some really good ideas now, thx man! It whould be more interesting whit a cicilian.

drewhinny    0

Good starting guy to get ur feet wet. I wouldn't be him for a long time tho. After you get good at the RP. Try something new. Good Luck!