Server time: 2017-10-24, 07:50
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Zorac

Maximum number of players on one server?

Question

Zorac    0

Hey.

This is not actually about DayZRP but more about the game itself. I have been googling and looking around for a answer to my question but can't find anything about this subject that is not more then 2 years old so i thought i might ask here.

What i am wondering is what the number of planned maximum players are for DayZ. I am guessing that a map this size can have up to 150-200 players without it feeling overcrowded. As it is know, for me personally it feels way to empty. It is quite boring after playing for almost 5 hours and not seeing anyone if you dont go to a hotspot (green mountain for example) and this is on a full server.

To make this question little bit about DayZRP, lets say the game supports up to 200 people per server. Is there a planned cap for the DayZRP servers or are you just planning on going with the maximum numbers of players allowed?

- Zorac

4 answers to this question

Vandy    34

Currently the game is in full development. We do feel a 50 slot server does indeed feel empty. But so far there is no alternative. 100 slot servers are running, but this is more for a test fase, in particular stress testing.

I am pretty sure that DayZRP will develop as well if stable servers are comming through, especially with more slots.

But for now, nothing can be said in stone.

Soon™

/solving

Mikachu    26

To elaborate -

We should see at least 75 slots within 6 months and 100 slots by the end of the year

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

To elaborate -

We should see at least 75 slots within 6 months and 100 slots by the end of the year

That would be awesome. Provided they are stable and no more crashes. Hopefully loot cycling isn't a issue then either.

Zorac    0

Thanks for the responsens! I very glad to see that aim for at least the double of 100 people per server. Although i would probably like it more if it is up to 200 per server (with a setting to lower for those servers that like it to be a lower number).