Server time: 2017-08-19, 01:54

Sign in to follow this  
Ghoozovich

Looking For Group

Question

Ghoozovich    263

I have a question about the LFG channel in TS.

Say, I want to team up with other survivors, because I've been wandering from town to town for hours without finding anyone and I have no desire to go to GM. Obviously the best place to look would be TS and in TS the LFG channel. The name is exactly what it is.

My concern, however, is the following:

Is there a certainty that whoever joins the channel and asks me to group up won't just be doing it to rob or potentially eventually kill me? (Good gods, this game has made me paranoid..) Basicly, is the LFG channel strictly for teaming up, with no lies and deceptions? Also, in addition, is it IC or do people just go OOC while still arranging everything?

I ask this as I have barely used the DayZRP TS before. The only time was when I did meet a person IG and he "adjusted my radio to the right frequency" so we could talk while being far from each other.

16 answers to this question

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Pro-tip:

Its against the rules to initate a hostile action on someone in the same TS room as you.

Just thought I might point that out.

PandoraX3M    0

Pro-tip:

Its against the rules to initate a hostile action on someone in the same TS room as you.

Pro tip, its not against the rules, it's just frowned uppon. Which means, yes, that might happen but there is a very slim chance it will.

Edit: People usually don't resort to these things and when they say they want to join up it means they want to join up with you and roleplay or whatever, but on the other side, if someone does come to that room and tells you to come to lets say, balota airfield and you will team up with him and he does indeed initiate on you or anything like that it can be considered as metagaming and baiting so, taking all this into consideration, I think that someone would have to be really stupid to do such a thing.

Voedric    28

Not many people do it but it is still a possibility, just be careful with who you're teaming up with and you should be fine.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Pro-tip:

Pro tip, its not against the rules, it's just frowned uppon. Which means, yes, that might happen but there is a very slim chance it will.

Thats debatable

6fbd328dcfc570603b8144d4056a00d4.png

PandoraX3M    0

-snipperino-

Thats debatable

If you read correctly, you would see that Muntz did say that it would be a quote on quote "dick move" to do so, indicating that this indeed is not a rule in it's core, but it will be punished in 99.9% of situations because people that do this obviously have no care for the roleplay or anything connected to it. They're all about the boom boom pow eg. they value pvp over the roleplay part of this game, and unless this was a planned event (as we used to do in groups or in other words the person that was gonna get initiated on knew about it) he'll most probably get reported cus people are "butthurt" about these things. As i said, people resort to calling baiting and metagaming on these things as it is possible or should we say in a way it is baiting and metagaming :) :) HOpe it clears it out now.

Voedric    28

-snipperino-

Thats debatable

If you read correctly, you would see that Muntz did say that it would be a quote on quote "dick move" to do so, indicating that this indeed is not a rule in it's core, but it will be punished in 99.9% of situations because people that do this obviously have no care for the roleplay or anything connected to it. They're all about the boom boom pow eg. they value pvp over the roleplay part of this game, and unless this was a planned event (as we used to do in groups or in other words the person that was gonna get initiated on knew about it) he'll most probably get reported cus people are "butthurt" about these things. As i said, people resort to baiting and metagaming as it is possible :) HOpe it clears it out now.

From what the OP is describing it seems like his question is geared more towards point number 2 on Muntz's post.

PandoraX3M    0

-snipperino-

Thats debatable

If you read correctly, you would see that Muntz did say that it would be a quote on quote "dick move" to do so, indicating that this indeed is not a rule in it's core, but it will be punished in 99.9% of situations because people that do this obviously have no care for the roleplay or anything connected to it. They're all about the boom boom pow eg. they value pvp over the roleplay part of this game, and unless this was a planned event (as we used to do in groups or in other words the person that was gonna get initiated on knew about it) he'll most probably get reported cus people are "butthurt" about these things. As i said, people resort to baiting and metagaming as it is possible :) HOpe it clears it out now.

From what the OP is describing it seems like his question is geared more towards point number 2 on Muntz's post.

Yes, I understand that. And that's why i said that this can be charged as metagaming if he does indeed bait you into an area and initiate on you. So yea.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

-

doesn't take from my point that if you do it your getting ripirino'd

PandoraX3M    0

See previous answers. Haf nice day.

Voedric    28

OP as you can see yes it is against the rules to do so, but sadly that doesn't stop some people from doing so.

Just be careful with who you team up with.

Has your question been answered?

I think you'll find if you properly read Pandora's post you will see, and I shall quote it for you:

but it will be punished in 99.9% of situations because people that do this obviously have no care for the roleplay or anything connected to it.

So if this "riperino" that you refer to means that they will be banned. then yes, she does get the point that you will be "riperino'd" or in proper terms "Banned" for doing that. So I'm not too sure what you're getting at but it could of been avoided if you actually read the post properly.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

-snip because no clutter-

Gotta trust people mate and anyways robbery is great Rp sometimes you'll even make friends that way :)

Ghoozovich    263

Firstly, sorry for the late reply.. again. Busy day.

Right, well from what I gather, it is possible, but highly unlikely. Still from everything said thus far, it does sound like a really low and pathetic thing to do, but from what at least most of us have seen, I assume, people are prepared to do anything really.

Generally, I'd just assume that most are good kind-hearted people, looking for good RP and a good time, like myself and might try it out next time I log on. Thanks, guys! :)

Has your question been answered?

I'll go with yes, yes, it has. Thanks again.