Server time: 2017-10-21, 04:48
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Eagle

is it bad RP?

Question

Eagle    409

i am curious is it bad rp when you meet a person on lets just say the prison island and you ask him why did you do that long swim and you get the answer i want loot itens or guns or even a mp5 attachments.

for me it gets quite annoying when some one comes to me and just gives me that respond why they would even consider doing that long swim.

7 answers to this question

Guest Damon   
Guest Damon

I'd say it would be bad roleplay. I mean, for starters, they were focusing on gear over roleplay which is always a negative. Second, it breaks immersion. Even if they just wanted weapons, they shouldn't be so blunt, they should try to immerse the reasons why they are there in a more roleplay fashion. There was a discussion about this earlier on how people would roleplay and someone asked if it would be bad rolepaly if someone simply came out and said, "Wow nice gun, wanna trade?" or something like that and it was considered bad roleplay yet not against the rules.

Basoon    15

It could be argued, but honestly, why else would you go?

I guess you could say curiosity or my friends are over here, but in reality, if there w as a huge prison, the armory would be a draw.

They could also say food or medical supplies, even though that doesn't spawn so much, just for RP reasons.

Honestly though in a real zombie situation like this people would be looking for guns, seems realistic.

What matters more in my opinion is how they follow up. Do they turbo run away to find loot? Do they sit around a fire and swap stories? Do they talk to you at all, or do they just give that answer, loot, and leave?

The situation will dictate like basoon91 stated. I am not a big fan of this style of RP. The use of the word "loot" really irritates me. I usually respond with, "What the fuck is loot? Do you mean equipment?". "Loot" is a very video game word and most people in real life do not use it, we'll at least people that would still be alive in a apocalyse. If you feel they RPed with you because they were obligated to, stated that, and ran off that would be badRP. Has your question been answered?

Eagle    409

So what i have gotten out off this is if they are just using the excuse i want *LOOT* and don't bother withe any sort off interaction i can put a report on it correct?

Eagle    409

alright thanks for the feed back this can now be closed