Server time: 2017-08-18, 20:23

Sign in to follow this  
RavioliKing

New map!?!?!

RavioliKing    10

So yeah, the map Namalsk, which was amazing on the mod, may well be coming to DayZ Standalone. Although, a heavy work in progress. Unless they've been secretly working on it for a while? Since Chernaraus is getting stale.

Here's the link: http://www.dayztv.com/pic/dayz-namalsk-on-standalone-early-test-w-i-p/

What are your thoughts on a possible new map and how it may impact our community's RP? :P

Tamaster92    14

It wont come for a long, long time. They are using Namalsk and Taviana to test the development tools for adding new maps

Spartan    997

namalsk would be great. i really loved that map in the mod. but the devs are still busy working on the chernarus map so don't expected to see it soon

Namalsk was AMAZING! however, it was always heavily PVP due to the extensive military locations and loot. I hope that if they do add namalsk, the survival aspect is kept as a priority - in fact... it could be slated as a more difficult map due to the weather and lack of wildlife/cities

Spartan    997

Namalsk was AMAZING! however, it was always heavily PVP due to the extensive military locations and loot. I hope that if they do add namalsk, the survival aspect is kept as a priority - in fact... it could be slated as a more difficult map due to the weather and lack of wildlife/cities

i know right! the weather makes a awesome survival aspect! i would also like to see snow in chernarus.. somday maybe

Joffrey    718

It wont come for a long, long time. They are using Namalsk and Taviana to test the development tools for adding new maps

Aww... sad face.. :(

Yadidle    2

Taviana was the bomb. I would LOVE to see that in the game (although the giant cities would murder FPS).

Tomeran    3

Time to start harassing Rolle about bloodsuckers.

In standalone!

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Map isn't needed at this point. I would prefer they fix current issues, and get the new rendered fully implemented. Once that stuff is done, and they have added in all the goodies, then maybe worry about other maps.

Guest Mak   
Guest Mak

More than on a new map, they're working on dinamic environment, bioms and in general the changing of the climate/surroundings on the different parts of chernarus

Namalsk is a great PvP map, but an utterly terrible RP map. Oh, look, another guy in full military gear! And now I'm being attacked by a supernatural invisible zombie. What's next, ghosts?

Taviana was great, though. I always liked it. The original mod version was pretty glitchy, though, but I assume that if they port it over they'll fix most of the fall-through-the-world bugs.

Krullin    0

Namalsk is a great PvP map, but an utterly terrible RP map. Oh, look, another guy in full military gear! And now I'm being attacked by a supernatural invisible zombie. What's next, ghosts?

Taviana was great, though. I always liked it. The original mod version was pretty glitchy, though, but I assume that if they port it over they'll fix most of the fall-through-the-world bugs.

Yes, Namalsk is a heavily PvP focused map. Hence why I've been searching for a Namalsk 2017 server for a loooooong time, since 2017 is the most hardcore mod for original Dayz out there. Add a snow and Blizzard mod to it, maybe ACRE for good measure aswell and BOOM the ultimate hardcore DayZ experience. Could do with removing the Bloodsuckers for RP's sake, but I do love them allot so I'd keep 'em all in if it were up to me. Sadly, few seem to share my views..

I also liked Taviana and I played it a fair bit. It'd be great to have that for SA eventually, just mainly worried about the brutal hits to the fps the larger towns would do. Maybe the new renderer will fix that, but we'll see.

I'd rather they finished the game and fixed most of the bugs and actually put a more decent amount of content in the game first

DayZ Origins Taviana was pretty much the best. But anyways... Namalsk.. my one, true, love when it comes to AMRA maps...

I'd rather they finished the game and fixed most of the bugs and actually put a more decent amount of content in the game first

Apples and oranges. Game development isn't just a big bucket. There's probably a dev team whose soul task is expanding map compatibility. You can only have so many developers working on a given task before they start stepping all over each others' toes.

Wild D0g    8

I'm new to PC gaming but wouldn't it be good if all the maps mention were all mixed together into one big map?

Would of been nice if they extended the size of Chernarus+ to the North and West. A in-game Russian border would be a great addition to RP and lore.

Apples and oranges. Game development isn't just a big bucket. There's probably a dev team whose soul task is expanding map compatibility. You can only have so many developers working on a given task before they start stepping all over each others' toes.

I don't know the ins and outs of game developing, I'm just saying I'd rather they devote most of their time and resources to fixing the current bugs and adding things to the game and get it out of ALPHA before thinking about expanding over to new maps and such

I don't know the ins and outs of game developing, I'm just saying I'd rather they devote most of their time and resources to fixing the current bugs and adding things to the game and get it out of ALPHA before thinking about expanding over to new maps and such

I know what you're saying. I'm just trying to explain that they are trying to fix current bugs.

When it comes to development, it's not a thing where you can just throw all of your coders at a problem to get it fixed faster. This isn't really an issue of resource distribution. You can only allocate so many programmers to a task before it stops being efficient.

I'm sure fixing bugs is at the top of their priority list, but once they've allocated as many programmers as is feasible to that task, they still have other things that need to be done. Things that cannot simply be put off until the bugs are fixed. Not only that, but the teams that work on modeling, art, sound, maps, etc. don't even know how to fix the bugs, so they work on the stuff they know, which is clothing, new guns, more towns on the maps, improved map compatibility, etc.

The reason you see new content being released while the bugs persist is because other teams, other coders, are finishing their projects before the bug-fixing team finishes theirs. Since it makes no sense to simply stand by with completed content on hold, they implement it when it becomes available.

snip

snip two snip harder

Well in that case what I'd rather see from the map devs is as one person said before is an expansion on the current map, maybe add new areas further north or more islands off the coast. Focus on Chernarus for now and then look at new places to explore. As I said I probably have no idea what I'm talking about and I'm just waffling on like an idiot, this is after all coming from someone whose biggest feature they want added is the ability to put my hood up on my rain coat