Server time: 2017-08-19, 14:47

Sign in to follow this  
iGROOCK

Persistence

iGROOCK    1

Could we turn it on since the hotfix for crashes is going to be released today? Doesnt feel right without it.

IIRC, the hotfix is for client crashes, correct? I don't think it will affect servers.

iGROOCK    1

Its a new game patch file 54.126646, so the servers have to download it regardless whether its client based. It addresses visual bugs as well and a few other things.

Persistence was turned off, which I assume was related to crashes which werent even tied to persistence. So hopefully the team will re-enable it.

Its a new game patch file 54.126646, so the servers have to download it regardless whether its client based. It addresses visual bugs as well and a few other things.

Persistence was turned off, which I assume was related to crashes which werent even tied to persistence. So hopefully the team will re-enable it.

No. It was related to loot cycling by some unmature super soldiers.

Guest sebsygama   
Guest sebsygama

The server crashed several times per restart just because Per was enabled, loot cycling were kinda harch on the server you know, having 20 times more items on the map then other wise is tough.

iGROOCK    1

Yes I am aware of that, which is why people have to report it. At this rate persistence wont be turned on until 1.0 hits. Its still better than normal restarts right now. People should continue to report those who exploit.

The thing is, after a day or two, it's hard to tell who's doing the loot cycling versus people just searching the piles already created.

Vandy    34

The hotfix was mostly about fixing the memory crashes and such. Hopefully these are now been dealt with.

Persistence will most probably not be re-enabled.