Server time: 2017-10-19, 16:14
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Batok

Dayzrp Survivor games once a month

Should we have a Dayzrp survival games for the fittest group?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a Dayzrp survival games for the fittest group?

Batok    0

Hey so I thought that a Dayzrp survival game every six months would be a pretty good idea for a server event.I think we should have it split into the groups that play on these servers to join the event.minimum 3 player group since we do have a lot Of big groups maximum 5 people.Jus announce a certain day and time and of course the server It will be hosted on and le the games begin.I think this could help bring the community together more and maybe help people make new friends lookin to teamup who knows.just a idea not sure if one of these was already made.For those that don't know what this is it is like battle royal last group standing in the beginning there are backpacks in a circle and when the host says go you and your group rush to the bags grab what you can and survive loot and kill the other groups usually there is a certain area like for instance stary and you have to stay within a certain distance or your out.Sorry I'm on my phone this is pretty hard lol but ya hope you get the idea.

Spartan    1230

i think it doesn't really fit with the RP where DayzRP stands for. however The survivor games were fun but maybe do it once in the 6 months so it's more special?

Batok    0

i think it doesn't really fit with the RP where DayzRP stands for. however The survivor games were fun but maybe do it once in the 6 months so it's more special?

Ya good idea I should change it to six but I know it isn't what role play is about but you know it would be a way of saying who the best groups really are at surviving.Maybe even add a title for the winners until a new group wins you know.

Ghoozovich    269

I also don't think it really fits DayZRP really well. Survivor Gamez V were really fun but here it's different - it's the apocalypse, the dead have risen, everything is going to sh*t, people are desperately trying to hold on to life and suddenly there's one more reason to kill each other. Doesn't sound appealing to me. That's just my opinion, though - both irl and ic I value life too much to waste it for someone else's amusement.

Batok    0

There changed it to six

I also don't think it really fits DayZRP really well. Survivor Gamez V were really fun but here it's different - it's the apocalypse, the dead have risen, everything is going to sh*t, people are desperately trying to hold on to life and suddenly there's one more reason to kill each other. Doesn't sound appealing to me. That's just my opinion, though - both irl and ic I value life too much to waste it for someone else's amusement.

Ya I like your opinion man I just think it would be a pretty cool event just for a single server maybe one if the us servers so everyone can still roleplay if they didn't want to play it.

Vandy    34

This is defantelly a no from me. This would rather end up into somethign DayZRP doesn't stand for.

DayzRP is trying to portray a serious and medium to hardcore rp community. Hosting such an event, is not even in character and more OOC then anything else. It would also add more towards KOS and other rulebreaks.

So no from me.

We did it a few months ago as an OOC event, was fun and I was a beast

Mikachu    26

As a OOC event it would be awesome

But how would we do it currently? There is no way to do so

It would probably require one of the servers being reserved for the event (separate password or whitelist, temporarily) - If that's possible. Not to mention that cuts out an entire server for the rest of the playerbase is on. Although generally speaking there's usually 1 server that is near empty during the respective EU/US prim times.

Events like this would be fun and develop the community OOC. Similar to how forum banter on here can make you new friends.

Mikachu    26

It would probably require one of the servers being reserved for the event (separate password or whitelist, temporarily) - If that's possible. Not to mention that cuts out an entire server for the rest of the playerbase is on. Although generally speaking there's usually 1 server that is near empty during the respective EU/US prim times.

Events like this would be fun and develop the community OOC. Similar to how forum banter on here can make you new friends.

But everyone would spawn in different places and theres no way we could control where anyone is or anything

But everyone would spawn in different places and theres no way we could control where anyone is or anything

There'd have to be clear set rules. Setting up times for players (to meet up at a predetermined starting location).

If this were to go through, I think teams of two would be drafted from applications. These selected players would then be given information pertaining to where (In Chernarus) and when the games will be held. As well as other information such as password to the server for the event, the rules, how big the 'playing field' is.

Much like the RP servers have strict rules pertaining to RP rules. The survivor games server/event would be only open to successful applicants for the event AND have specific and clear rules set for the event.

What I'm imagining is more of a controlled community run event (separate from the RP hives), rather than a Survivor Gamez server.

Ghost of Levi    8

Meh I dont like the Idea at all, if it was an OOC event maybe but definitly not something for RP

Batok    0

Meh I dont like the Idea at all, if it was an OOC event maybe but definitly not something for RP

This is a ooc events not roleplay.

Cjbustuup    1

Id like the idea if it was possible as an ooc event. I dont think people understand. Although we take rp seriously we like to chill out and have fun ooc/ic community events where everyone can have fun and whatnot. Although the survivor games might hot be possible but a kos hour may? There may be a set time where the kos event is allowed. And once that time is up we continue on in role play. Maybe a character wipe before and after? Just to give a level playing field. Maybe last for a server restart? I dunno but this idea appeals to me.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Or an easy fix- just do a mod hunger games again?

Volke    131

This would be a nice change of pace, on either the mod or arma 3.

Cjbustuup    1

This would be a nice change of pace, on either the mod or arma 3.

Arma 3 +1

Batok    0

Ya but I want the groups we have in sa to be more involved.

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Was thinking about making another event for hunger games like the previous one i did, however it would be very hard to do with SA due to spawns etc.

Batok    0

Was thinking about making another event for hunger games like the previous one i did, however it would be very hard to do with SA due to spawns etc.

Well I assume most of the people who would want to play would know what they are doing getting to a certain area is pretty easy just have everybody check in

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Well u assume most if the people who would want to play would know what they are doing getting to a certain area is pretty easy just have everybody check in

Then- some people are clothed differently, some are hydrated, energize, healthy, hurt, dying of starvation, etc.

Batok    0

Well u assume most if the people who would want to play would know what they are doing getting to a certain area is pretty easy just have everybody check in

Then- some people are clothed differently, some are hydrated, energize, healthy, hurt, dying of starvation, etc.

I could donate the cost of a temporary server for this event every six months.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

I could donate the cost of a temporary server for this event every six months.

The run from point a -> point b will cause differentiates in the game, causing the "oh u started off better" shit.

And pvp in SA is garbage IMO